Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This entire article is one long white neo-liberal whine that they aren’t getting the attention they feel they deserve because of those too loud POC like holy poo poo no self awareness

it's almost like the entire purpose of that article was to stir up a bunch of people to talk about the article to get more clicks.

Worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Dammerung posted:

Haha, wow. This article is really something:

I don't think this could be any more neoliberal to be honest. Ideas, not identity - how does their past experience innately make them badasses at their present one?
Honestly, is there anything more badass than starting a club called the badass club and talking about how badass you are?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

a long long time ago, rudy giuliani was the us attorney in charge of the southern district of New York and cut his teeth taking down the NYC mafia

Are you a dentist?

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh I was referring to the article which didn't show up in the quote, where Ryan all but says "now that I am no longer speaker of the house and am a board member of fox, I am finally able to pursue my political agenda"

Yeah, I mean it's pretty loving gross that he's basically saying exactly that. The irony too is that he was probably correct in the sense of "my 7 figure do-nothing salary at Fox" won't be there if I rock the boat too much against Trump.

If it's one thing the Trump administration has ripped wide open is exposing the mass groupthink involved in securing the grift bag.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

bird cooch posted:

it's almost like the entire purpose of that article was to stir up a bunch of people to talk about the article to get more clicks.

Worked.

CNN's social media marketers are even worse than their writers if their goal is to get some people on SA to talk about how bad their articles are.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Slugworth posted:

Honestly, is there anything more badass than starting a club called the badass club and talking about how badass you are?
Project Badass, of course!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2DaE2JAVYI

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This entire article is one long white neo-liberal whine that they aren’t getting the attention they feel they deserve because of those too loud POC like holy poo poo no self awareness

It's practically textbook and almost impressive as a result!

Slugworth posted:

The thing about being a badass in your current role is that you need to consider yourself a badass for past experiences and demand respect and reputation at your current job based only on those past experiences. Also, a rule of being badass is that you need to constantly reaffirm that others think that you're a badass because you're insecure a total badass, of course! :v:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

RandomBlue posted:

I don't know how you could've watched Trump's behavior this long and not assumed that's how he would act. He doubles/triples/quadruples down on EVERYTHING.

Also anyone that has dealt with toddlers would have told you that it would happen.

Let them get away with something once and they absolutely will try to do it again, but more brazenly.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Dammerung posted:

Haha, wow. This article is really something:

I don't think this could be any more neoliberal to be honest. Ideas, not identity - how does their past experience innately make them badasses at their present one?

"Oh, our group name? It definitely just happened, organically. And not because we're cultishly aping the concept of 'the squad'."

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

CNN's social media marketers are even worse than their writers if their goal is to get some people on SA to talk about how bad their articles are.

I'm sure it's not incredibly surprising that people are easily baited all across the internet.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Slugworth posted:

Well obviously you're not allowed to call yourselves a badass unless you are, so clearly they must be. :colbert:

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Data Graham posted:

Tangentially — I am still having considerable trouble coming to terms with the idea that the Mueller report came out and was carefully maneuvered into being a wet fart, and Trump's reaction was not "Phew, I got away with that by the skin of my teeth! Better be more careful with that kind of poo poo", but rather I AM INVINCIBLE, FULL STEAM AHEAD

Anyone who says things in this vein, I'd recommend the Dollop podcast episodes on Trump. They go through his entire life and the overarching theme is that he's never faced an appropriate consequence for any of his actions. Ever.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Minimize the efforts of people of color for clicks.

Just play Nearer my god to thee already CNN.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dammerung posted:

The thing about being a badass in your current role is that you need to consider yourself a badass for past experiences and demand respect and reputation at your current job based only on those past experiences. Also, a rule of being badass is that you need to constantly reaffirm that others think that you're a badass because you're insecure a total badass, of course! :v:

This is like the episode of Letterkenny where Wayne has to reclaim his title of toughest guy in town, so people keep coming up to his driveway to challenge him to fistfights except instead of showing up to the Squad's driveways, they have someone else making the claim, and they would run away if actually confronted on it.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Whatever happened to that dude who responded to a mueller subpoena by drinking wine with his antidepressants and walking from cable network to cable network implicating himself? Rudy made me think of him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bird cooch posted:

I'm sure it's not incredibly surprising that people are easily baited all across the internet.

You seem to be operating from the position that CNN is working a giant brain genius operation to cynically farm clicks, instead of this just being exactly what it looks like on its surface: the mainstream media manufacturing pushback against and minimization of nonwhite politicians.

And if there's anything the Trump era has taught me, it's that everything is exactly what it looks like.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/CUFI/status/1178059071078961163

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

You seem to be operating from the position that CNN is working a giant brain genius operation to cynically farm clicks, instead of this just being exactly what it looks like on its surface: the mainstream media manufacturing pushback against and minimization of nonwhite politicians.

And if there's anything the Trump era has taught me, it's that everything is exactly what it looks like.

If you don't think that online news is anything other than massive click farming for profit, I don't even know where to begin to inform you.

They spam out hundreds of stories many of which are not even entirely stories trying to find a nerve to hit so that they can generate interest whether good or bad in order to get page views in order to get advertisers in order to get money.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

bird cooch posted:

If you don't think that online news is anything other than massive click farming for profit, I don't even know where to begin to inform you.

Is this what they call "radical centrism"?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

:what:

I mean, what the gently caress? Most the morality in the bible existed before the bible you idiot.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s both. It is both and it is exhausting and makes me want to snip the big internet cable for good sometimes.

It’s white fragility and dogshit journalism for profit into this French dip sandwich except the au jus is lukewarm diarrhea.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I kind of want to see the full context of this quote before I react.

EDIT: From a cursory search, I cannot find the context within which this quote originated beyond this tweet. Maybe I'm just really bad at searching.

Dammerung fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 29, 2019

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

cheetah7071 posted:

Does this mean that "board member of Fox News" is a more powerful position than speaker of the house

I mean in some ways, yes it is. The thing the Republicans don't realize is no one is actually driving now that Roger Ailes is gone.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think there's a large (and easily discerned) difference between You Won't BELIEVE What This Congressional Politician Has To Say About Impeachment type articles purposed for maximum ad impressions, and that article we've been discussing which is a fawning puff piece and giant dog whistle for how these white women are more reasonable, more effective, and easier to work with than these darn loudmouths.

Conflating the two is shallow cynicism employed to avoid serious engagement with the state of our national discourse.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dammerung posted:

I kind of want to see the full context of this quote before I react.

He's pulling the typical "You can't have morality without religion (specifically Christianity)." that the right loves to pretend is true.

e: It's neither new or uncommon and that's all the context you need.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Just lol if what happened is Putin told Trump it was really penniless Ukraine, a country literally being invaded by Russia, that was interfering in US elections, and Trump not only believed him, but was consequently trying to get Ukraine on his side against Biden.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

xarph posted:

Whatever happened to that dude who responded to a mueller subpoena by drinking wine with his antidepressants and walking from cable network to cable network implicating himself? Rudy made me think of him.

Sam Nunberg. I think he's a NeverTrumper now.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

*Looks at Bibi and nods* makes sense

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019
What's the over-under on Cremshaw's pirate affectation covering a perfectly functional eye?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

buddhist nudist posted:

What's the over-under on Cremshaw's pirate affectation covering a perfectly functional eye?

It's actually just covering up his anal sphincter because he's always talking out of his rear end.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

buddhist nudist posted:

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Finally someone acknowledging the pivotal contributions of the Jebusites to our political system.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I hope everyone used these two days to recover from last week and to prepare for the week ahead.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Zotix posted:

I hope everyone used these two days to recover from last week and to prepare for the week ahead.

It's been one long goddamn week from the moment he was elected.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm dead

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is this what they call "radical centrism"?

What.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

buddhist nudist posted:

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

It's been one long goddamn week from the moment he was elected.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

buddhist nudist posted:

He has a glass eye that he says is distracting to people.

Also how the hell is he 3 years younger than me?? Him and Shucks and Miller... I know we say this a lot but drat the evil ages people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

He has a glass eye that he says is distracting to people.

Also how the hell is he 3 years younger than me?? Him and Shucks and Miller... I know we say this a lot but drat the evil ages people.

My dad got a glass eye after a farming accident in the 70s, has had the same one since, and you can't even tell unless he is in a screaming rage. So he's full of poo poo.