Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

Lamar cant throw

Baker da gawd

Listen, both Lamar and Baker can still be good while the truth remains, that the Raven suck poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lollin at that fourth down play

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns?

BROWNS!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
nice the refs scammed the Ravens out of another one

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Fire. Harbaugh. NOW!!!! Maybe keep greg roman. but fire everyone else.

I'm not kidding when I say this is one of the worst games the Ravens have played.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Fire. Harbaugh. NOW!!!! Maybe keep greg roman. but fire everyone else.

I'm not kidding when I say this is one of the worst games the Ravens have played.

That's the good stuff

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

Browns get Kareem Hunt in a month too.

When is the trade deadline for the NFL? Could we run him for a game, show a good showing, then trade him for a pick or something? I would love to get a #1 out of him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao imagine giving up 40 to the browns

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

Lmao imagine giving up 40 to the browns

At home no less. I'm glad though because no one will admit there are serious problems on the Ravens unless this kind of bad crap happens. The pass defense problems have been evident since even the Miami game but apparently you aren't allowed to acknowledge faults on the Ravens unless they are down by multiple scores.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
1st Place Cleveland Browns.

Sour Diesel posted:

why is tackling so hard how do u do it

Turns out letting your All Pro linebackers go is bad.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Worst part is how our defense is getting worse every week. First week there were just signs of flaws in the secondary. Second week we got passed all over but still won. 3rd week we got passed all over and lost. 4th week passed all over and then got an 88 yard run.

Every week this is worse. Something has to change.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Gatts posted:

When is the trade deadline for the NFL? Could we run him for a game, show a good showing, then trade him for a pick or something? I would love to get a #1 out of him.

Not likely since our GM has a hard on for him. On one hand I'll have a real hard time rooting for him even if he is a Brown on the other Jim Brown was my childhood hero and I own his jersey so I'm a huge hypocrite. Also.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

It is 4:08 P.M. Sunday September 29th 2019. Today is the day I tell my grandchildren where I was, and what I was doing when the unstoppable 100 year long Browns Dynasty started. Sorry Ravens.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He who wins the AFC North wins the Super Bowl. And it’s the Browns!!!

Garbage Time Lamar was just a bump in the Road To The Super Bowl!!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens might be better if their entire secondary was out

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Honestly Humphrey was REALLY good today in single coverage. It seems like they just aren't functioning as a unit at all, plus Thomas is extremely slow and sucks right now. Maybe it's the nickel corner whose name I cant' remember and Jimmy Smith? But on the busted plays guys are just nowhere near where they need to be. It's just a mess back there.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

You can already see the talent being sucked out of Hollywood Brown from the Ravens. First week he was electric. Second week he made a great catch at the end. Now he's a virtual non factor. Unsure hands. No TDs. Just sad the way WRs develop on this team. Fire Harbaugh.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 29, 2019

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The Cleveland Browns have won the Super Bowl!!!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
So that thing about the Ravens secondary was a joke, but the entire Browns secondary has been out for 2 weeks and they've definitely played better than the first 2 weeks with the backups in

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

wilderthanmild posted:

So that thing about the Ravens secondary was a joke, but the entire Browns secondary has been out for 2 weeks and they've definitely played better than the first 2 weeks with the backups in

Yup I would equate that to the Raves starting a RB at QB but we also did a good job against Goff. I say keep the backups in.

BTW I love Jackson and hope he has a great career. I love the sideburns he is rocking reminds me of a Melvin Van Peebles protagonist.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
Browns offensive continues to improve. Hard to evaluate against a fraudulent team like Baltimore but im feeling encouraged

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I woulnd't call the Ravens straight up fraudulent but more a solid team with fatal flaws.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the 2019 Ravens coaching probably gets more out of their roster than most, especially on offense, and that they have been picking mid to late round for the past decade and it's starting to show after losing a bunch of talent in FA :)

The Browns will be good so long as they can lean on Chubb because Baker has seemed all types of shaky.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I also think the Bengals could still end up with like 7 or 8 wins although maybe a bunch of them will be Garbage Time after they start 1-5 or something.

I dunno what to think about the Steelers other that all their posters have disappeared lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i didnt watch the games but why do the ravens lose when they average like nine yards a rush that is weird

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

i didnt watch the games but why do the ravens lose when they average like nine yards a rush that is weird

Terrible defense plus a very very untimely fumble by Ingram when we were in position to tie or take the lead.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I will gladly live in a world where the Ravens and the Browns are forever fighting over the division and the Bengals and the Steelers toil in the pits of football hell forever.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

The defense has decided not to show up this year and the offense isn't KC level

The defense is legit bad enough that we're having trouble handling not-dolphins teams when the lowest we've scored all year is 23 points

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 29, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I will gladly live in a world where the Ravens and the Browns are forever fighting over the division and the Bengals and the Steelers toil in the pits of football hell forever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Smiling Mandrill posted:

The Browns can’t lose, baby!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think the 2019 Ravens coaching probably gets more out of their roster than most, especially on offense, and that they have been picking mid to late round for the past decade and it's starting to show after losing a bunch of talent in FA :)

I don't see what the mid-late round has to do with it. Lots of our key players have been mid-late round in our history. I think we fail to develop talent at the WR and QB positions.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I don't see what the mid-late round has to do with it. Lots of our key players have been mid-late round in our history. I think we fail to develop talent at the WR and QB positions.

most teams do not have this cause they are much much worse at drafting and coaching. you took a look at a thought whose obvious conclusion is the ravens are managed well, slapped it down then took a turd on it moving your rear end around like a frosting bag and spelled out Fire Harbaugh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

most teams do not have this cause they are much much worse at drafting and coaching. you took a look at a thought whose obvious conclusion is the ravens are managed well, slapped it down then took a turd on it moving your rear end around like a frosting bag and spelled out Fire Harbaugh

We've been managed well in some ways. And mostly by a lot of good DC talent that has come and gone. We've also been managed poorly on others, mostly via bad offensive coordinating. I'm not sure what Harbaugh even does to be truthful. Right now I think Martindale has to go. He clearly does not understand how to actually run a defense when he can't just send everyone every play. The defense is getting worse each week.

Roman I know less about. He's seemed ok. But I want to see more.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

summarizing martindale as a blitz every play dc is laughably counter factual just not even remotely connected to reality. basically every single other ravens dc ever except dean pees blitzed more often

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im gonna be forced to buy the lovely nfl game pass thing to argue with you cause im glad the bengals lost guy doesnt seed

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

summarizing martindale as a blitz every play dc is laughably counter factual just not even remotely connected to reality. basically every single other ravens dc ever except dean pees blitzed more often

Well whatever he's doing. If it's not him it's Earl Thomas who is looking like one of our worst FA signings ever. And he's only 30. Something's gotta be done about him. He's clearly just slow or doesn't fit here.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

they could shoot him for having a bum leg

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Other teams can find WRs in many rounds. You especially seem to see good WRs come out of the second round. Like Anquan Boldin or DeSean Jackson to name a few. But ours are always bad. I was excited about Hollywood after week 1 but we're doing the same drat thing to him. This problem goes back before Harbaugh.

We get guys like Devard Darling and Demetrius Williams in the mid rounds who show good promise. But we just phase them out and put them on the junk pile. I don't understand it. Give them a chance! Look at what the Steelers do. They use their weapons.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

those guys famously went on to have success elsewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

wheres that dipshit rear end browns fan who insisted breshad was actually good i looked it up he has three catches lmao