Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

gh0stpinballa posted:

the worst year ever seems somehow more succ than pod save. i get a weird anarsucc vibe from evans anyway and he embarrassed himself with the assad episodes he did. also his voice annoys me. nasal succ boi.

that stinks, i only was going to listen because of the It Could Happen Here connection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

good news is he won’t last long if he said Assad must go

chaos option: the only thing that can slay the Lion of Damascus is someone as unassuming as a dweeb podcaster

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Victory Position posted:

chaos option: the only thing that can slay the Lion of Damascus is someone as unassuming as a dweeb podcaster

don't give sony movie ideas for free

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bashar, Bashar, a young man's erotic journey from brooklyn to aleppo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUcOei3FUM

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I just watched "Annihilation" for the first time today, and now I'm not convinced that Matt isn't the bear from that movie.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Princeton professor citing William Buckley as an example of a reasonable participant in a debate on the recent episode of Citations Needed was sort of funny. I know she was referring to his debates with James Baldwin, but I kept thinking of how Buckley literally threatened to assault Gore Vidal on live television.

I felt the episode would have been better if it focused on the historical development of the reactionary deployment of free speech rhetoric, instead of the light theoretical focus it had.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Virgil's enjoyment with in-seat Encarta '95 is heartwarming :kimchi:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JAdomian/status/1177677089446580224

Wel, I hope this is good, but what I fear is that all I hear is a dead horse being beaten

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Someone should tell Jon Schwarz to stop saying, "If Samantha Power lived in Syria she'd be working for Assad," on podcasts listened to by people who post "Assad Must Go Curse" memes.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Princeton professor citing William Buckley as an example of a reasonable participant in a debate on the recent episode of Citations Needed was sort of funny. I know she was referring to his debates with James Baldwin, but I kept thinking of how Buckley literally threatened to assault Gore Vidal on live television.

I felt the episode would have been better if it focused on the historical development of the reactionary deployment of free speech rhetoric, instead of the light theoretical focus it had.

It was really bad.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

I thought it was fine, because her point was that these debates people consider the epitome of intellectual exchange were moderated discussions. They weren't free for alls where you could just say whatever the gently caress.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/DSAGamerCaucus/status/1178151032720908288?s=20

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
This just shows you how far we've advanced. Today that guy wouldn't even be the fattest man in Ohio.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It the jew adam or is the short one nick? It could go either way.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

nicks the short one

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

It the jew adam or is the short one nick? It could go either way.

who in this picture looks like a bug

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmfao the new trillbillies has a guest who got some good ol' boy stories. It's awesome. Also they talk about how weird it is when people are like 'wow a southern person who isnt racist!'. I got an oakie rear end accent and I'm a redneck so once and a while I get the 'oh my god a hillbilly communist, incredible'. gently caress flatlanders

Stocking
Jul 24, 2007

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/1178401321331908609?s=19

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Lmfao the new trillbillies has a guest who got some good ol' boy stories. It's awesome. Also they talk about how weird it is when people are like 'wow a southern person who isnt racist!'. I got an oakie rear end accent and I'm a redneck so once and a while I get the 'oh my god a hillbilly communist, incredible'. gently caress flatlanders

Chicago's got the water but otherwise yeah I agree

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
im the helldad

https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1178348072360955905?s=19

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What's a good and funny podcast to listen to that is similar to chapo? I have a 30-40 drive to and from work each day and there aren't enough episodes of Chapo and Citations Needed each week to occupy all this time. Struggle Session is alright but not as funny as chapo. I've considered old episodes of chapo, but a "commentary on recent events" show like that doesn't work as well when you're listening to people discuss the latest news and tweets and poo poo from 18 months ago or whatever.

Larry Parrish posted:

One of the stranger experiences I've had was when I went to college in NYC and people constantly commented on my "southern accent." I was not aware of even having a southern accent (I grew up in Memphis TN), and I think I lost it at some point during college because no one (including new people) commented on it after freshman year. I remember being extremely surprised to learn that "cuss" is apparently not a universal word (and somehow I did not realize it was slang for "curse"). I remember this girl thinking it was the funniest thing ever when I said "cuss."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

some of the old chapos aren't so current-events-focused, like the movie eps and some of the interviews, if you want to check some of those out. also interesting imo to listen back to things like the rnc and dnc eps

otherwise i suggest trillbillies or maybe the bruenigs or true anon

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ytlaya posted:

What's a good and funny podcast to listen to that is similar to chapo? I have a 30-40 drive to and from work each day and there aren't enough episodes of Chapo and Citations Needed each week to occupy all this time. Struggle Session is alright but not as funny as chapo. I've considered old episodes of chapo, but a "commentary on recent events" show like that doesn't work as well when you're listening to people discuss the latest news and tweets and poo poo from 18 months ago or whatever.

What A Time To Be Alive is a really good Chapo-adjacent but non-political podcast. Every week they run down the top five things in the news that made you say the name of the show

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
some good old chapos off the top of my head
No Future
We live in the Zone
Airport protests one from Muslim ban
Post Charlottesville Episode
Every episode with Derek Davidson
Pretty much every movie review episode
The Tabletop Episodes (even better if you listen to them all over the course of a few days or a week)
The first episode which was a crossover with street fight where they watched 12 hours
The Noid

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
TMBS is similar to Chapo, they are on YouTube but if you go to their patreon they have audio only files and you don't really miss anything, Felix has also been on a few times I know of, the Antifada Podcast as well, Hear the Bern is like G Rated chapo and the official Bernie 2020 podcast, Revolutions is a history podcast but if you've never read any history the series on the revolutions of 1848 and the French revolutions and the Mexican and haitan revolutions as well as the episodes on Simone Bolivar are also all great, and as a bonus he is just starting on the Russian Revolution

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

some of the old chapos aren't so current-events-focused, like the movie eps and some of the interviews, if you want to check some of those out. also interesting imo to listen back to things like the rnc and dnc eps

otherwise i suggest trillbillies or maybe the bruenigs or true anon

Ah, the movie episodes (and similar things) as a good idea. The RNC/DNC ones might also be interesting; the semi-recent CPAC episode was great.

I actually do listen to some True Anon, though I need to catch up. Haven't listened to Trillbillies so I'll check that out.

Ace of Baes posted:

some good old chapos off the top of my head
No Future
We live in the Zone
Airport protests one from Muslim ban
Post Charlottesville Episode
Every episode with Derek Davidson
Pretty much every movie review episode
The Tabletop Episodes (even better if you listen to them all over the course of a few days or a week)
The first episode which was a crossover with street fight where they watched 12 hours
The Noid

I just finished listening to the bolded last week. Those were pretty great, though Felix (and Virgil for the actual GMing) was responsible for 90% of the good stuff. Was that Virgil doing stuff like the Musk and Jordan Peterson voices? Because those were hilarious and completely spot-on.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Sep 30, 2019

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Those were James Adomian right?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

owned

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if you've got $5 to spend each month, do give it to the Trillbillies

their Patreon episodes own bones

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was just recently recommended a podcast in RGD called Astonishing Legends. I'm only a half hour into their ten hour long series on the Betz Sphere, but honestly the fact that they have a ten hour long series on the Betz Sphere is enough to convince me that this is the podcast I've been looking for ever since Art Bell went off the air

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Justice League review is great

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

One of the stranger experiences I've had was when I went to college in NYC and people constantly commented on my "southern accent." I was not aware of even having a southern accent (I grew up in Memphis TN), and I think I lost it at some point during college because no one (including new people) commented on it after freshman year. I remember being extremely surprised to learn that "cuss" is apparently not a universal word (and somehow I did not realize it was slang for "curse"). I remember this girl thinking it was the funniest thing ever when I said "cuss."

Qanon Anonymous is pretty good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trillbillies and street fight are the best

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Ballin Out Super is a lot of fun

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mantis42 posted:

Those were James Adomian right?

Elon Musk was Adomian. Kurt Eichenwald was Adomian. Jesse Ventura. Gorka, of course. Uhh, the only real ones I can think of that WEREN'T James Adomian were, like, Alex Jones (Brendan)

edit: Oh, you meant in the Tabletop Games series. Dunno about those, but on the main show whenever they'd do a phone call and it'd be Person X, it was James, haha.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

Ballin Out Super is a lot of fun

literally the funniest podcast out there, i will never fail to rep them. don't watch the show, don't give a poo poo about the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
It's International Podcast Day