Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Thoatse posted:

Star Citizen: I matter... I'm a whale

It's going to be particularly easy to grief these people if all it takes is a bright pink jumpsuit.

edit: dogge tax in a game that lets me be exactly as garish as i wanna be

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

WTF? I thought the parasite helmet was a photoshop when it was posted earlier.

I think it does matter if you break your games aesthetic. There's a limit to what most games will make available, even games with user-submitted content like planetside or warframe.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1178130060722634754

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Citizens acknowledging that the one movie directed by CR was awful, but they also believe that SQ42 will be somehow good?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Star Citizen: This is not fun, it's creative bankruptcy

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I honestly thought that helmet pic was a horrible bug, not intentional.

Kinda sums up this whole mess when you can't tell the horrific bugs from the horrific game design decisions...

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I honestly thought that helmet pic was a horrible bug, not intentional.

Kinda sums up this whole mess when you can't tell the horrific bugs from the horrific game design decisions...

Bug helmet enraged Lethality to the point of getting in flame wars with SC fanboys. So... bug helmet good AND Star Citizen good?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

kw0134 posted:

A lot of peoples' body shapes are practically predestined, and short of surgery like lapbands around the stomach or stomach stapling there are often fairly limited proven ways in dropping weight. With exercise and diet you can do a decent amount but for many people they'll still be overweight to some degree.

No it's not. Stop being anti-science and stop eating poo poo in large quantity loving american.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Stop being fat. It's unealthy and ugly. Do it for you and for the others, you are the problem and the solution.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I gotta imagine him and the "community" team have to be the most loathed assholes working at CIG.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Hold on, the parasite helmet was not a joke either?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
:siren:
:siren:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

This reverse countdown is worrying. I hope the next Line of Defense's patch is not delayed.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

WTF? I thought the parasite helmet was a photoshop when it was posted earlier.

I think it does matter if you break your games aesthetic. There's a limit to what most games will make available, even games with user-submitted content like planetside or warframe.

What aesthetic? they have been freely stealing from pretty much every single sci-fi IP so it's a mismatch of different stuff. Dull and boring is not really an aesthetic.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Colostomy Bag posted:

I gotta imagine him and the "community" team have to be the most loathed assholes working at CIG.

By the rest of CIG or the fanbase?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kw0134 posted:

A lot of peoples' body shapes are practically predestined, and short of surgery like lapbands around the stomach or stomach stapling there are often fairly limited proven ways in dropping weight. With exercise and diet you can do a decent amount but for many people they'll still be overweight to some degree.

Ben, however, seems to court death by calories with his eating habits and that's entirely on him.

Please source your quotes.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

trucutru posted:

Please source your quotes.

Here ya go.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

And furthermore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLSLx5wt9Fg

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Zzr posted:

No it's not. Stop being anti-science and stop eating poo poo in large quantity loving american.

Nope, wrong. No one has ever lost weight. Once fat, always fat.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Dynastocles posted:

Nope, wrong. No one has ever lost weight. Once fat, always fat.

You sure are dunking on that argument they (edit: kw0134) specifically did not make

e2: that said, I'm pretty sure ben lesnick (that's who this is about, right?) could probably drop like two hundred pounds without too much trouble, so it seems academic. I hope nobody would be making fun of him just because he couldn't get all the way down to 'looks amazing in a swimsuit'.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 29, 2019

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

lol, are you serious?

the article even ends with

quote:

However, the psychologists are not in favour of obesity being classed as a "disease", because, they say, this could take the focus away from behavioural changes that could succeed.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 29, 2019

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

None of this refers to physiological limits, tho.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Look, I went and spoke to the con-man myself and he assured me first-hand that his con is totally legitimate. He told me all about it and it sounds super super cool.

What? Its a con? No, you don't understand how cool this con sounds though. Nobody's ever attempted anything like this before! Which definitely means it isn't a con.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Iceclaw posted:

None of this refers to physiological limits, tho.

My stance is body-shaming is a lovely thing to do. I've always been the type of guy that no matter your race, color, size, gender, sexual preference, or kink. You do you, and it won't affect how I look at you.

Beer bellies, junk food, high calories, carbs, fats are all harmful to some extent, but the most important thing for anyone large or small is the move around. Anyone who has kids will understand when I say
that having a kid is like a membership at the gym, especially between 6-12 years.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Zaphod42 posted:

Look, I went and spoke to the con-man myself and he assured me first-hand that his con is totally legitimate. He told me all about it and it sounds super super cool.

What? Its a con? No, you don't understand how cool this con sounds though. Nobody's ever attempted anything like this before! Which definitely means it isn't a con.

You promise, promise with a pinky swear?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

He's "seen the development behind the scenes"?

Does he mean that open development is finally shown to be as false as everyone thought, or does he just have the same info as anyone else who visits the CI¬g superbunker of secret open behind closed doors development?

Either way, it's someone trying to protect a con job for whatever reason.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

JerryLee posted:

two hundred pounds

The first part of the solution is to stop measure with made-up terms that noone understand.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

If Ben tells me that he weighs 3 inches dot 8 fahrenheit I could just nod and I wouldn't know he's a walking death clock.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Lord of the Jpegs posted:

Suddenly another voice spoke, low and melodious like a sexy bear, its very sound an enchantment. Those who listened unwarily to that voice could seldom report the words that they heard or the money they had spent; and if they did, they wondered "Will my wife find out?", for little power remained in them. Mostly they remembered only that it was a delight to hear the voice speaking, all that it said seemed wise and reasonable, and desire awoke in them by swift agreement to seem wise themselves especially when shilling on Disqus. When others, like Goons, spoke they seemed harsh and uncouth by contrast; and if they gainsaid the voice, anger was kindled in the hearts of those under the spell making them write more poo poo on Reddit. For some the spell lasted only while the voice spoke to them, and when it spake to another they smiled, as men do who see through a juggler's trick while others gape at it. For many the sound of the voice alone was enough to hold them enthralled and pretend the game was coming out; but for those whom it conquered the spell endured when they were far away in their basements, and ever they heard that soft voice whispering and urging them to buy more jpegs. But none were unmoved; none rejected its pleas and its commands without an effort of mind and will, so long as its master had control of it.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Then he would say "it's 15 feet am, time to eat the fourth brunch, I'll take a 18 galon freedom fries" and I couldn't help him with his mental disease.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Man I though Star Citizen's development was dumb, but then here comes this dude trying to argue about imperial units like someone who is trapped in an alternate dimension where Google won't figure that poo poo out for you in less than a second. Like c'mon dude it's not rocket science, you're not having to calculate the thrust required to get Lesnick off the ground in a theoretical spaceship, and hell Google can probably help you with that too

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Zzr posted:

Then he would say "it's 15 feet am, time to eat the fourth brunch, I'll take a 18 galon freedom fries" and I couldn't help him with his mental disease.

What sort of bougie poo poo is "brunch"

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Conspiratiorist posted:

ED: This was a week before being hospitalized.

ED2: He celebrated his hospital release and "not having any of the scary big person problems" by ordering from the Cheesecake Factory.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Ben deserves...well he deserves to die of diabeetus as a corpulent sack of poo poo TBH, but I still hope he's doing better now than the way he was back when he filmed himself wheezing horribly just from climbing some fukken stair in the CIG offices.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Some you get way too into this personal poo poo

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Some you get way too into this personal poo poo

Yeah, pull up thread. Otherwise anime will be posted, tripling every second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:retrogames: