Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

https://twitter.com/mikeisaac/status/1178448282302861312?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ague Proof posted:

No they don't. McCarthy is the one who made the "joke" about Putin paying Trump and Rohrabacher.

well, irony poisoning than. i mean gently caress him either way.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Does Trump know Paul Ryan's job with Fox news? You'd think he would have focused more on that any time they didn't flat out agree with him.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

:goonsay:

You didn't make an argument, someone linked a 30 minute video making the argument and then you whined when I wouldn't commit that time to what I can only assume to be "wah sketch show bad."

Ok last post on this. I was saying your assumption about the video was wrong, because SNL is being used as a framing device to illustrate the cultural impact of Neoliberalism. Sure, it's critical of SNL for being a vehicle for Neoliberal truisms, but the primary target of the Video was Neoliberalism itself. Using something in popular culture as a framing device is not at all uncommon in these sorts of videos.

Again, if you don't want to watch it, that's fine, but Lambasting it based on a superficial scan through it, and then drawing an (incorrect) conclusion based on that incomplete reading is disregarding that arguments can contain nuance and just shooting for thoughtless reactionary hyperbole instead.

This may seem familiar, as your attitude here - "I don't need to know more about it to know that it's bad and wrong," - mirrors the reactionary behavior of the chuddiest of chuds, so don't be surprised when you get push-back on that in a lefty forum.

If you don't want to engage with the content, fine; but you have no right to critique it because you can't argue in good faith from a position of intentional ignorance. Why do you think your malformed initial impressions are even worth posting? Why should we care about them if you profess intentional ignorance of the subject?

E:don't loving answer that. We needn't continue the derail. Just think about it. Or don't. whatever.

Svaha fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 30, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bobjr posted:

Does Trump know Paul Ryan's job with Fox news? You'd think he would have focused more on that any time they didn't flat out agree with him.

probably not.i mean i didnt even know until a few days ago.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

it's par for the course in trumpland, but the fact that trump was withholding aid for whatever reason should've been a big deal when it was happening. it's not like it was a secret.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Svaha posted:

Ok last post on this. I was saying your assumption about the video was wrong, because SNL is being used as a framing device to illustrate the cultural impact of Neoliberalism. Sure, it's critical of SNL for being a vehicle for Neoliberal truisms, but the primary target of the Video was Neoliberalism itself. Using something in popular culture as a framing device is not at all uncommon in these sorts of videos.

Again, if you don't want to watch it, that's fine, but Lambasting it based on a superficial scan through it, and then drawing an (incorrect) conclusion based on that incomplete reading is disregarding that arguments can contain nuance and just shooting for thoughtless reactionary hyperbole instead.

This may seem familiar, as your attitude here - "I don't need to know more about it to know that it's bad and wrong," - mirrors the reactionary behavior of the chuddiest of chuds, so don't be surprised when you get push-back on that in a lefty forum.

If you don't want to engage with the content, fine; but you have no right to critique it because you can't argue in good faith from a position of intentional ignorance. Why do you think your malformed initial impressions are even worth posting? Why should we care about them if you profess intentional ignorance of the subject?
You sound really fun at parties

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

theflyingorc posted:

We're all real fun at parties.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

RandomBlue posted:

We're all real fun at parties.

Yeah the COMMUNIST PARTY

a ho-ho-ho

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah the COMMUNIST PARTY

a ho-ho-ho

MODS?!?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Svaha posted:

E:don't loving answer that. We needn't continue the derail. Just think about it. Or don't. whatever.

:goonsay:

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

:toot:

Yeah you got me :smith:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178497262550421504

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I'm not watching a ten minute long Lou Dobbs video and frankly neither should anybody else

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
LINDSEY GRAHAM: The whistleblower complaint is just hearsay.

MARGARET BRENNAN: But the whistleblower complaint is matched by the call record in numerous ways.

GRAHAM: Well, you’ve got an opinion, I've got happy little trees.

Absurdism: tax.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Republican Congressman:

https://twitter.com/RepKinzinger/status/1178489464504619013

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

So, is the Fox investigatory arm actually turning on him? This is starting to become a trend of them publishing bad news for him.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Charlz Guybon posted:

So, is the Fox investigatory arm actually turning on him? This is starting to become a trend of them publishing bad news for him.

Paul Ryan is on their board now, he is turbofucked

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Due to the crime dilation effects in effect, hopefully someone here will remember to check on how this Rep votes when impeachment comes to a vote. Last I checked, "deeply concerned" is not an option.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178500028085743622?s=20

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s sad that freep isn’t very active any more, given that their 20-year lust for civil war 2 appears to be breaking into the mainstream.

Can’t wait for the last charge of the rascal brigade.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When you’ve got your story straight

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

This is actually pretty true. The democRATS ran Hillary just so that would lose and corner Trump into becoming president!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is an insanely bad sign - dude is a conservative from a safe red district, he's not a Will Hurd trying to establish his independent bona fides in a purple seat or anything

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Go Rudy! Go Lindsey!

Show your fellow Republicans that you don't have to settle for "this is fine"

when you can have "this is awesome."

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

This guy will retweet making it clear he’s not for impeachment. He’ll fall back in line.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'll beli be this Paul Ryan inside job stuff when I see it. Aside from Chris wallace, Judge Nap and Shep, I haven't see any indication outside of those three that the rest of Fox is on board. At least not yet.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

"Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what’s happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, there’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it...it sounds horrible to me.

Will Trump Throw Rudy Giuliani Under the Ukraine Bus?
vanityfair.com/September 25, 2019

"...the woman...."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"The Democrats are going to cause a civil war. Also the Democrats are evil liars who are framing me and should be arrested and locked up!"

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Is that an admission of guilt? Being framed means that you committed a crime.
e: I'm an idiot, and I realize I mistook what framing was. But leaving it up nonetheless.

Magugu fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 30, 2019

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Magugu posted:

Being framed means that you committed a crime.

What

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If you told people the video where Trump motorboats Guliani dressed like a woman in 15 years would be super related to the current president situation, you would be considered insane.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Magugu posted:

Is that an admission of guilt? Being framed means that you committed a crime.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Retracted, I'm an idiot.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1178505363907338240

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Respectable weight, unless he's doing that thing where you twist your entire body to help you curl.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

President has a brain full of worms and believes conspiracy theories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

https://www.thenation.com/article/what-if-this-had-happened-on-the-day-after-911/

quote:

On September 12th, President Bush commanded his national counterterror coordinator, Richard Clarke, to “see if Saddam did this…look into Iraq, Saddam.” That night, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld told the president and the entire cabinet, “You know, we’ve got to do Iraq.… There just aren’t enough targets in Afghanistan.… We need to bomb something else to prove that we’re, you know, big and strong…”

Time, flat circle, etc.