Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bulgakov posted:

its more the basics of how computer networks work, even during some sloppier 90s period or whatever, that makes the idea of the government stealing a copy of ~magical software~ that gives access to ~everything~ more :thunk: imo

it itself is a dead end lead prolly

Lol I'm suddenly reminded of Prometheus from The Net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I thought the point of PROMIS (as far as the cabal was concerned) and the fact it is case management software is so that they could get their people where they needed to be to stymie any relevant investigation. You can see who is on a case, and assign the people you need- investigators, coroners, whoever you have already compromised- to ensure nobody in law enforcement who has an actual sense of justice can interfere with the commission of a crime. Not the exclusive purpose, but definitely something that you could be able to do with it, and why wouldn't they? The backdoor isn't just to look at stuff.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I imagine an alert going off for when a relevant person or crime is on the radar- "Joe Blow is investigating Jeffrey Epstein- well, let's get Joe Blow out of there and get AG Barr on it. Oh, and the coroner we used for the Kennedy assassination and any number of subsequent sketchy coverups"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I love that they’ve used that coroner so much that he has cover in that “of course he’s looking at Epstein, he covers all the politicians and celebrities who died suspiciously”

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Triple posting but re: the Marc Dutroux case- I love that the wiki says "20 witnesses died without any explanation". Well, there absolutely IS an explanation, and knowing how and why they died would probably give you a lot of important peripheral clues. I certainly would like to know.

The most fascinating stuff is always swept under the rug as conspiracy nonsense when it's the key to unlocking the whole very real conspiracy. And they are the simplest of questions- like what happened to Epstein's girls? Either as living people or human remains, his victims exist somewhere.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
coroner to the stars lmao

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Randy Quaid and his talk of Hollywood Star Whackers has a lot more credence now than when it broke

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Triple posting but re: the Marc Dutroux case- I love that the wiki says "20 witnesses died without any explanation". Well, there absolutely IS an explanation, and knowing how and why they died would probably give you a lot of important peripheral clues. I certainly would like to know.

The most fascinating stuff is always swept under the rug as conspiracy nonsense when it's the key to unlocking the whole very real conspiracy. And they are the simplest of questions- like what happened to Epstein's girls? Either as living people or human remains, his victims exist somewhere.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1178238003103326209?s=21

https://twitter.com/thesun/status/1178193402741047296?s=21

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Bulgakov posted:

i still don't understand how that PROMIS software in the other stories was such a magic key to accessing all the infos from intelligence agencies

the reporting made it seem like anyone in the world who installed a copy (legal or not) of that magics somehow had an ethereal ethernet connection to world wide databases, which I don't understand at all??

You're thinking of this as a computer networking problem, but I suspect it was good old fashioned spying. You get your guy into a fairly low level position in an agency, and they get way more database access than they should have via the backdoor.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I thought the point of PROMIS (as far as the cabal was concerned) and the fact it is case management software is so that they could get their people where they needed to be to stymie any relevant investigation. You can see who is on a case, and assign the people you need- investigators, coroners, whoever you have already compromised- to ensure nobody in law enforcement who has an actual sense of justice can interfere with the commission of a crime. Not the exclusive purpose, but definitely something that you could be able to do with it, and why wouldn't they? The backdoor isn't just to look at stuff.

This is pretty much what it did. I think maxwell also convinced some banks or accounting firms to install it too so that they could monitor financial transactions of people of interest as well.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

That part of the epstein case isn't even conspiracy nonsense, everyone acknowledges that there are victims - no real journalist is bothering to do any investigative work because 99% of the time, their employers (or their employers' employers) used epstein's services.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

Lol I'm suddenly reminded of Prometheus from The Net.

Pythagoreans, you Plebian!

Edit: Click for Mozart's Ghost! π

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/k1llurboss/status/1178440319068557312?s=19

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/EdOpgrand/status/1177960677513797633?s=19

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fiend posted:

Pythagoreans, you Plebian!

Edit: Click for Mozart's Ghost! π

lol praetorians actually. i finally just looked it up. i have not seen that movie in 15 years

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Gates Foundation is trash. You'd do more to help the world by just spending your donation money on yourself.

all my boomer relatives are enamored by him and the "philanthropic" work he does. it's hopeless trying to talk these idiots out of their belief he's a great man of history.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

While the PROMIS stuff was going on the 80s, defense contractors were bribing Pentagon and White House officials for contracts and classified info so they could tailor their bids better.

If you had backdoor access through PROMIS, even guys without official access could make money selling those secrets to weapons makers.

lol this poo poo probably was just used to cover up child rape though wasn't it

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol praetorians actually. i finally just looked it up. i have not seen that movie in 15 years

My bad. I apologize for accusing you of plebianary. I was out of line.

David Spade once referred to “The Net” as “That Talking Pig Movie”.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

came here to post this, holy fuckin poo poo lmao

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

can someone explain why people are connecting the CIA whistleblower to epstein? what does it matter if they blew the whistle just after he died, are they saying it was epstein or are they saying the CIA did this to trump to bury the epstein story?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

gh0stpinballa posted:

can someone explain why people are connecting the CIA whistleblower to epstein? what does it matter if they blew the whistle just after he died, are they saying it was epstein or are they saying the CIA did this to trump to bury the epstein story?

a CIA agent initiating impeachment proceedings of a sitting president is likely connected to the cabal that implicates Clinton, Bush, and H.W. Bush, how exactly they're connected is speculation but if I had to guess it's because Trump threatening to expose what they're up to in the Ukraine (by accident) is probably why, or it could be theyre worried he will threaten to squeel if they don't guarentee him the election, or maybe he already has, maybe they just think he doesn't have a chance in 2020 and think Pence can win, who really knows

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I guess a better way of phrasing it is that the cabal would not allow a CIA agent to try to take down trump unless they approved of it

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

Epstein group dms

let us in

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

was this what they used for Scott Ritter?

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Have none of you people seen Sneakers? With Redford? Whole movie is about the magical decryption box.

That being said, I just don't know enough truely competent people to believe in most conspiracies. Or believe in magical computers we don't know about.

But I certainly believe Epstein was murdered to cover up the blackmail material he had on all these people. That's the only explanation that makes any sense.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
The CIA whistleblower being tied to Epstein sounds pretty ridiculous

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm not sure how the whistleblower being tied to Epstein is anything other than speculation. I mean, being a part of the CIA is technically a tie - but the CIA has a lot of moving parts.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
The thing about being a shadowy cabal is that the pieces moving on the board don't always have to be immediately connected to achieve multiple goals; sometimes throwing one stone can kill multiple birds. Probably this was just something that was already set in motion and the timing got tweaked to help run interference. For example it throws up a new media circus smoke screen to bury the Epstein stuff. Or maybe they burn Trump via Epstein because he's not really in the inner circle and kinda bumbled his way in. Could get the Tommy DeVito treatment.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Epstein stuff was already on the backburner in the public consciousness though. IMO the whistleblower leak has more to do with interfering with the Democratic primary season.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FunOne posted:

Have none of you people seen Sneakers? With Redford? Whole movie is about the magical decryption box.

oh my god

CRACK PING

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Epstein stuff was already on the backburner in the public consciousness though. IMO the whistleblower leak has more to do with interfering with the Democratic primary season.

Unless there's new information the media was about to (possibly) (feel compelled to) report on. It's probably nothing but it is extremely chill that the Dems dragged their feet on impeachment until now.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah this whistleblower doesn't make any sense, this is supposedly the most amazing and honorable human ever who has the full support and protection of the congressional intel committees I guess?

NPR/NYT is running a package on the history of whistleblowing and how amazing they are. What. Are you loving kidding.

Not a peep about Chelsea Manning or Reality Winner, both still in prison. They are the bad kind of whistles. The New YOrker has never once written about Reality Winner, except one time to (I poo poo you not) review the screenplay based on her story. Chelsea Manning got a few articles in 2017, nothing since.

But this whistle. This whistle is good people!

This doesn't have anything to do with epstein really but this thread is the only one crazy enough

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

well i only asked just to confirm it was a bridge too far. i think the crazies are feeling their oats because pizzagate has been shown to be more or less real and now they're trying to infect us with further brainworms. we have to guard against those whackos.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Holy poo poo this rules

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

no, everything is connected to the cabal. you fool. you absolute c-spam mod.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
me at the apothecary: uhh, ill have a zoloft aaaand uhhh some of that wellbutrin c-spam mod.
cashier: thatll be 0$ because you live in a society.
me: ok.

Noobicide
Sep 12, 2007
Between the Chapo interview with Tom O'Neil about Manson and getting about a hundred pages through Programmed to Kill I'm starting to lose it. Epstein Brain is real and dangerous

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Bip Roberts posted:

was this what they used for Scott Ritter?

Scott Ritter's sting/court case was like a month or two before Operation Avalanche was announced, but the leaking of it (he wasnt prosecuted and it was supposed to be sealed or w.e.) was timed after (and right when he was about to go to Baghdad to speak out against the invasion

I don't know, but if I had to take a wild guess, Ritter might have been the prototype/test run for avalanche or other similar ops, the CIA already hated him for blaming them for trying to get info from Iraq weapons inspections, I'd imagine they'd approach him and tell him hey we're going to blackmail you and frame you, go along with it like a good boy or your gonna have an accident, and him having exp and knowledge about the CIA knew they were serious

Or maybe it's all Just a coincidence and the UN weapons inspector Iraq war critic and anti war advocate is also a Pedophile

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://sterling-archermedes.github.io has an interesting writeup on stallman getting plowed by the press

While that's supposed to be a defense a lot of it is pretty bad. It's really loving grody how misrepresented some of the earlier quotes in that are though, almost as grody as Stallman himself.
The sad part about this whole thing in my opinion is that while I don't agree with his views, all his ideas are pretty much hippie movement 101, and that's now enough to get you hosed by every journalist in the world and the public view.
It's really weird, but I guess that's easy when you make headlines like "Stallman defends Epstein", when he did nothing of the sort.

Death of journalism something something, man sprouting fungus has out of date ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
everyone I know who's a leftist computer toucher says stallman has been a creepy libertarian for years and it's only surprising because it's coming out to the GP now, no clue if that's accurate