Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Minoru Suzuki
3. Kota Ibushi
4. Kenny Omega
5. Jon Moxley
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi
7. Cody Rhodes
8. Will Ospreay
9. Orange Cassidy
10. Jyushin Thunder Liger (:unsmith: )

Shout out to so many more that I cannot believe I had to cut, but thems the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

stab posted:

4. Danhausen

I want to comment on your list of lost boys, but, man, I own four pieces of Danhausen merch and might be a Danhausen mark.

That's my Danhausen story.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wanted to put in my old WWE faves cause it's not their fault WWE books them like poo poo but just realised I ignored Minoru Suzuki even after his Royal Quest showing :ohdear:

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I almost completely fell out of watching puro this year and the only lucha i watch is zona 23 so this is very gcw/beyond/whatever is on iwtv.live any given night centric. katsuyori shibata is always my #1, may he rest in peace.

1 representing that murder death kill gang, eastern bloc, h8 club, gang affiliated, MDK all fuckin day, the king, the god Nick loving Gage
2 Masashi Takeda
3 Jun Kasai
4 Alex Colon
5 Kris Statlander
6 Chris Dickinson
7 Does G-Raver count? if not please bump everyone else up one
8 Tomohiro Ishii
9 David Starr
10 Allie Kat
11 Gringo Loco

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Kevin Owens
3. Tomohiro Ishii
4. Aleister Black
5. Will Ospreay
6. Kenny Omega
7. Zack Sabre Jr
8. Daniel Bryan
9. David Starr
10. Pete Dunne

idk some of these are legacy since I don't watch WWE anymore and they're probably in poo poo angles having 2 minute matches on TV but whatever. last time I didn't vote

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Rarity posted:

I wanted to put in my old WWE faves cause it's not their fault WWE books them like poo poo but just realised I ignored Minoru Suzuki even after his Royal Quest showing :ohdear:

drat, I'm gonna miss you, Rarity

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

RIP friend comrade.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

1. Pentagon Jr.
2. Fenix
3. Okada
4. Yano
5. Jushin Thunder Liger
6. Chris Jericho
7. Suzuki
8. Big E
9. Maki Itoh
10. Taguchi

:smith: mention for Hiromu, since he's not active (yet).

If you had told me a week ago that Liger would have been on this list... but the most recent reveal makes his last few months epic and he's earned that spot.

Had this been a month or two later when AEW was in full swing things would probably shift.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Veryslightlymad posted:

drat, I'm gonna miss you, Rarity

It's ok, hopefully he won't be able to murder me cause he'll be too busy murdering everyone else :unsmith:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

karmicknight posted:

I want to comment on your list of lost boys, but, man, I own four pieces of Danhausen merch and might be a Danhausen mark.

That's my Danhausen story.

Clearly youre either a Fanhausen or a Markhausen

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
I was a poo poo-awful poster on this sub-forum years ago, left when I realized how bad my posting was, and have lurked since. Here's my hopefully not lovely list.

1. Kenny Omega
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Pentagon Jr.
4. WALTER
5. Jon Moxley
6. Kota Ibushi
7. Fenix
8. Tomohiro Ishii
9. Io Shirai
10. Adam Cole

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
1) WALTER
-Had my top two matches of the year and I'm always scrambling, hoping to see more great matches of his.

AJ Styles
-I've loved him since seeing baby AJ from the front row of NWA:TNA. Glad he's getting a great showcase in WWE and still having pretty good matches as he gets older.

Daniel Bryan
-So glad to have him back and active and healthy.

"Switchblade" Jay White
-His mean shithead bully character is fun, and I love his mannerism and everything about the Knife Pervert. Has a cool finisher and all kinds of sweet counters too.

Chris Jericho
-25 year Jericholic reporting in. He's still got it.

Matt Riddle
-Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Zach Sabre Jr
-Maybe he's here because of his hatred of Boris Johnson, maybe it's because of TAKA's introductions, or maybe it's because he does crazy stuff with limbs that no one else can.

Asuka (WWE)
-I'm just someone begging her to return to kicking heads off shoulders.

The Velveteen Dream
-He might be on here for potential reasons, but so far in NXT, he's doing everything right and feels like he's getting better with every match.

10) Pete Dunne
-Honestly remembered him late, right before posting, but still think he deserves the spot on potential, youth, and it helps he was the other half of my match of the year to date.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

1. Chris Jericho
2. Kenny Omega
3. Cody Rhodes
4. Okada
5. Naito
6. Switchblade Jay White
7. Ishii
8. John Moxley
9. Will Ospreay
10. Daniel Bryan

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

1. Jon Moxley
2. Adam Cole
3. Pentagon Jr.
4. Kazuchika Okada
5. Barbaro Cavernario
6. Io Shirai
7. Cody
8. Kota Ibushi
9. Zack Gibson
10. Jungle Boy

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Kota Ibushi
3. Yuka Sakazaki
4. Daisuke Sekimoto
5. Mike Bailey
6. Chris Brookes
7. Tetsuya Naito
8. Kenny Omega
9. Will Ospreay
10. Cody

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This isn't a hard definite, but Tony Deppen is probably 25. He was in college in a CZW interview in 2014

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I watched wrestling as a kid and then started again this summer with a combo of AEW, a small amount of NJPW, and some random indie stuff. So this is pretty specific to that level of viewership.

1. Omega
2. Moxley
3. Jungle Boy
4. Luchasaurus
5. MJF
6. Pentagon
7. Matt Jackson
8. Darby Allin
9. Marq Quen
10. Scorpio Sky

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

This isn't a hard definite, but Tony Deppen is probably 25. He was in college in a CZW interview in 2014

https://squaredeagle.com/josh-briggs this site says Josh Briggs is 26

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
1(41). TOMOHIRO ISHII
2. Shingo Takagi
3. Kazuchika Okada
4. Minoru Suzuki
5. Kota Ibushi
6. Pentagon Jr.
7. Kenny Omega
8. Jushin Thunder Liger
9. Maki Itoh
10. EVIL

0 is Hiromu, whose return I await with joyous trepidation.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
1. Ishii
2. Okada
3. Suzuki
4. Shingo Takagi
5. Kenny Omega
6. Will Ospreay
7. Tanahashi
8. ZSJ
9. Naito
10. Ibushi

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
1) Shelton Benjamin
2) Pentagon Jr.
3) Samoa Joe
4) Kylie Ray
5) Kota Ibushi
6) Chris Jericho
7) Cody
8) Orange Cassidy
9) Minoru (?) Suzuki
10) Darby Allin

Wish I had more women wrestlers, but I haven't really been exposed to them being booked right. The top four in NXT are really good, but I haven't watched them enough to put them in my top ten.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

1 Daniel Bryan
2 Kazuchika Okada
3 Roman Reigns
4 Becky Lynch
5 Jon Moxley
6 Lacey Evans
7 Will Ospreay
8 Matt Riddle
9 Charlotte Flair
10 Cedric Alexander

Netsky
Jun 24, 2004
I AM THE STREET

1. Pentagon
2. Tomohiro Ishii
3. Nick Gage
4. Kota Ibushi
5. Jon Moxley
6. Toru Yano
7. Minoru Suzuki
8. Orange Cassidy
9. Chuck Taylor
10. Shingo Takagi

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Updated through to Netsky

- #1 and #2 sit on over 300 points each
- Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, Will Ospreay & Zack Sabre Jr join Daniel Bryan, Jon Moxley & Pentagon Jr as wrestlers who have been picked at least once in every spot on a list. Chris Jericho, Cody, Shingo Takagi, & Tetsuya Naito are now all one away from doing so.
- There are now 197 individual wrestlers on lists provided by 105 goons. 154 are male wrestlers, 43 are female wrestlers.
- Bandido, Charlotte Flair, Christopher Daniels, Ember Moon, Lacey Evans, Marty Scurll, Matt Riddle and Roman Reigns are the latest additions to the list.
- Asuka has managed to break away from Maki Itoh to be the top favorite Woman wrestler. However she remains tantalizingly just outside of the Top 20, as every time she gets in, those around her also jump up and edge her out.
- Kenny Omega has made a big late push up the rankings into the Top 10 after languishing for awhile.
- The Top 10 are now all over 200 points. Spots 3-7 are all very close and frequently switch around.
- I am still looking for ages for Allie Kat, Danhausen, Gentleman Jervis, Kris Statlander, Lulupencil, Marq Quen, Misao, Tony Baroni & Yuka Sakazaki

stab posted:

2. Matt martel
3. Chase Parker

Can I just confirm the Matt Martel you've listed is the 35-year-old former Shane Matthews in NXT teaming with Chase Parker, and not the 45 year old Indy wrestler?

Big Dave posted:

Does G-Raver count?

My understanding is that while he requires surgery on his arm and is out for the foreseeable future, he hasn't retired or announced he is done with wrestling so I'm happy to count him as still active.

:siren: REMEMBER, ENTRIES CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT EST ON SEPTEMBER 30TH! :siren:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

After this we should do the same for everyone's Top Ten Favorite Active Rowdy Ringsports Posters. This is a really good idea that's not bad at all

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Jerusalem posted:

Updated through to Netsky

Can I just confirm the Matt Martel you've listed is the 35-year-old former Shane Matthews in NXT teaming with Chase Parker, and not the 45 year old Indy wrestler?

Yup the nxt dude (my boys!)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I haven’t been watching much wrestling this year but I must list so sorry if any of these guys suck now and I just didn’t know

1. Chuck Taylor
2. Pentagon Jr
3. Roderick Strong
4. Keith Lee
5. Daniel Bryan
6. Kevin Owens
7. Cesaro
8. Rey Mysterio (if the world wont respect him, I will)
9. Orange Cassidy
10. Michael Nakazawa

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
1. Tomohiro Ishii: Arrive, Have A Banging Match, Leave
2. Zack Sabre Jr: All glory to Sabreism!
3. Minoru Suzuki: I love the grumpy old man, his style, his presence, his everything.
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi: There are few wrestlers that can me draw into a match like Tanahashi.
5. Jungle Kyona: Kyona is one of them for me. She has heart and passion that make it easy to cheer for her.
6. Kazuchika Okada: I acknowledge the best loving wrestler in the world right now. That is all.
7. Momo Watanabe: Has won me over this summer. May not have the charisma to fully fill Io's shoes yet, but knows how to put on a dramatic match that makes her and her opponent look good.
8. Will Ospreay: Over the last two or so years, Will has improved by leaps (no pun intended) and bounds when it comes to putting matches together with his impressive moves.
9. Johnny Gargano: I don't watch WWE anymore outside of the odd match here and there, but Johnny had stolen my heart ever since the DIY days and Andrade/Gargano was one of the greatest rides two wrestlers have ever taken me on, so he gets into my top 10 purely on that.
10. Jay White: My favorite slimy rear end in a top hat heel right now which I want to acknowledge in my top 10.

HM:
Mayu Iwatami: Fantastic wrestler, fantastic babyface. Would make the top 10 if it wasn't for my getting on the Momo train lately.
Timothy Thatcher: I love my grapplemans and Tim is a very good grappleman, but there's too many other people ahead of him in this list.
Samoa Joe: I've always admired his ability to come across as scary and threatening no matter what.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

1 tomohiro ishii
2 okada
3 jon moxley
4 speedball mike bailey
5 chris jericho
6 zack saber jr
7 Kikutaro
8 pentagon
9 sanada
10 liger

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

01. Jimmy Havoc
02. Tomohiro Ishii
03. Zack Sabre Jr
04. Kazuchika Okada
05. David Starr
06. Becky Lynch
07. Meiko Satomura
08. Aleister Black
09. Io Shirai
10. WALTER

Basically I like people who hit hard, have great ring presence, and are somewhat unique gimmick wise. Also Okada. Honorable mentions, just gonna bring up folks who haven't been mentioned a bunch already. There's a whole lot of good wrestlers right now.

Rosemary for fantastic character work. Grizzled Young Veterans for being an excellent heel tag team. Cara Noir for being a great wrestler in the british scene with a gimmick that isn't "i am a white boy and i hit hard". Millie McKenzie who will be the next big women's wrestler. Keith Lee, because he's loving great.

gently caress Will Ospreay, get better soon Hiromu

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
1. Io Shirai
2. Asuka
3. Okada
4. Kairi Sane
5. Kyle O'Reilly
6. Momo Watanabe
7. Jon Moxley
8. Hana Kimura
9. Johnny Gargano
10. Adam Cole

Io is #1 because she's had a large number of really good to great matches as of late, and her heel turn is probably one of my favorite moments in wrestling over the past year, on top of her being incredibly compelling as a heel.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

1. Ishii
2. Ibushi
3. Sanada
4. Okada
5. Kairi Sane
6. Riho
7. Daniel Bryan
8. Fenix
9. Orange Cassidy
10. Hazuki

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Updated through to TV Zombie.

- Kairi Sane and Momo Watanabe finally made the list, and somebody finally basked in Keith Lee's glory
- The two top wrestlers are now over 400 points each, while #3 hasn't quite hit 300 yet.
- Asuka's curse continues, as she got a boost in points but so did everybody else around her, causing her to still be just one spot outside the Top 20.
- :siren: THERE IS NOW LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO GET IN YOUR LIST! :siren:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I have until 11:59 tonight to do this, right?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I"m going to level with you J-Ru, I've attempted 5 times now to make a list and I just can't decide.

I'm sorry. Looking forward to the results though.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

I"m going to level with you J-Ru, I've attempted 5 times now to make a list and I just can't decide.

I think your name should be considered a vote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

It doesn't take that long to list Tetsuya Naito ten times

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Correct.

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

It may be a heartless machine that churns through wrestlers like interchangeable props (wait sorry I got distracted thinking about WWE) but El Generico's thing might help you, even if the data is now a little out of date from when they asked me to provide the then current top 128 listed.

El Generico posted:

Alright, here's the Adversarial/Tournament System for Determining your Favourite Wrestlers script: https://serene-noyce-4b38c8.netlify.com

If you do this and post your results, make it clear that it's not your official answer to the poll, so Jerusalem doesn't accidentally count you double. I meant for mine to be my real answer to the poll, I think it's accurate to my real feelings, but you obviously don't have to.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that tool is monstrous and terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I've been trying to skim lists and not look too closely so the final reveal will be a surprise to me, but I'm still pretty certain who the top 2 are :(