Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In the early days of the comic Spidey would do poo poo like stuff the costume full of webs to make it look like someone's in there, and that still makes more sense than whatever's going on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The gif is almost as amazing and Petey's incredibly stupid plan to fake Spider-Man being there. The best part is that clearly this is not the first time he's done this, MJ doesn't even blink.
I kinda wish it had been Daredevil in the Spidey-suit just so Natasha could do,"Hang on.... I recognize that butt.... :thunk:"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Actualy it's Iron Fist disguised as Daredevil disguised as Spider-man disguised as Peter Parker disguised as Iron Fist...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

David D. Davidson posted:

Actualy it's Iron Fist disguised as Daredevil disguised as Spider-man disguised as Peter Parker disguised as Iron Fist...

Black Widow: Blast! Fisted again!

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
If/when the Spider-Man dummy is decapitated in a zip line accident Peter will have some explaining to do.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:lol::lol: I needed that laugh, holy poo poo

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

It's J. Jonah Jameson disguised as the web-crawling menace in some ridiculously convoluted scheme to prove that he's up to no good!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"The costume is an alien menace, forcing me to do this!" He rants as they arrest him. Ironically, JJJ really was wearing Venom, but it had died from second hand smoke days ago.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

With great power comes :10bux:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Natasha clearly knows that Petey is Spidey and is just loving with MJ:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MJ shouldn't be worried about Natasha making a play for Spider-Man because he'd destroy the playhouse.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That portrait of Mouthless Aunt May is creepy.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

We've all been there.

Natasha: I'm not interested in men :wink:
MJ: Well, that could mean anything!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Clearly Natasha learned how to interact with new yorkers by watching Seinfeld and Friends.

"Let's see, my notes say that I must now go to a coffee shop or a diner with her and make the homophobic remark."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"No one tried to kill me all day! Guess that's the end of that!"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Turns out that the :airquote:hobgoblin:airquote: was just an elaborate ploy for Natasha to get it on with MJ.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Johnny Walker posted:

"No one tried to kill me all day! Guess that's the end of that!"

"For the next few days, where you go, I go."
"Because you're contractually obligated?"
"I'm your stunt double now, yes."

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epicurius posted:

Or he'd just ignore the gun to scream at the staff.

"MISS BRANT! I TOLD YOU I'M NOT TAKING OUTSIDE APPOINTMENTS TODAY! ROBBIE? ARE THE PROOFS DONE YET? WE GO TO PRINT IN TWO HOURS!"

"Look, buddy, I said youse has to come wit' me."

<Waves gunman away with his hand> "AND WHERE'S PARKER? HE HASN'T SHOWN UP FOR DAYS! WHY DO WE EVEN HIRE STRINGERS IF THEY WON'T STRING?"

"You don't understand. I got a gun
That means you do what I say or else I fill you full of lead."

<Jameson gives him a withering stare>

"MISS BRANT! GET ME THE MAYOR'S OFFICE. BEANE MAY NOT TALK TO URICH, BUT HE'LL TALK TO ME, OR MY NAME'S NOT J. JONAH JAMESON. I swear to God, sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who does any work in this office."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnfKvwqiT6M

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ah, it seems Spider-Man knows the procrastinator's mantra: "Today's the day".

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's not unusual for the sunday strips to have different colors, but that's a totally different hairstyle.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
And why did the director call her Carol? Did the Sunday crew think it was Carol Danvers or something?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spidey: Hey Harry THEHOBGOBLINSAYSWHAT
Harry: I beg your pardon?
Spidey: ....drat, he's good.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kantesu posted:

And why did the director call her Carol? Did the Sunday crew think it was Carol Danvers or something?

She's Natasha's stunt double.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Has there ever been a run of Spider-Man where he sticks with the wrestling thing? Possibly featuring pro wrestler versions of his standard rogues gallery? I feel like it writes itself.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Libra posted:

Has there ever been a run of Spider-Man where he sticks with the wrestling thing? Possibly featuring pro wrestler versions of his standard rogues gallery? I feel like it writes itself.

Sort of - there's a great old What If where Spider-Man remains an entertainer: (the cape costume from Into the Spider-Verse is referencing this)

Peter ends up doing movies, and eventually he and his bodyguard Daredevil are attacked by a group of writers who are secretly supervillains:

(Gavok could probably offer more context)

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 30, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The first half of that page is how the MCU/Sony negotiations happen

Daredevil bodyguard included.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Samuringa posted:

The first half of that page is how the MCU/Sony negotiations happen

Daredevil bodyguard included.

Ben Affleck was in the suit, looking bloated and tirex

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

davidspackage posted:

Ben Affleck was in the suit, looking bloated and tirex

Man, I hate it when I'm tirex!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Breaking and entering, threatening and now stalking

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Why is refereing to himself in third person? Did he forget that he is Peter Parker?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Alhazred posted:

Why is refereing to himself in third person? Did he forget that he is Peter Parker?
Spiderman can't risk himself finding out that Peter Parker...is Spiderman! :monocle:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
^Hyphen you hackfraud
And Peter Parker can't risk finding out that Spider-Man is Peter Parker.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^Hyphen you hackfraud
And Peter Parker can't risk finding out that Spider-Man is Peter Parker.

All those times we've seen an illustration of half-Spider-Man, half-Peter Parker it's a depiction of his split personality disorder.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

^Hyphen you hackfraud
Peter-Parker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's hinting at the sudden twist: To throw off Hobgoblin, Spidey is actually Widow in disguise. Widow is played by MJ, and MJ is a surprise cameo from Scarlet Witch.

Peter wasn't told about the plan, and suspects nothing.