Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1178718348504440833

https://twitter.com/dsamuelsohn/status/1178710388134879233

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1178744270959841280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I honestly thought she was going to use the “other cops get away with this all the time, why not now?” defense just because things looked so bad for her.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what really fucks over trump is he legitimately doesn't think he did anything wrong. nixon knew the poo poo he did was bad and needed to be hidden.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Is this the same dumb thing that's been sent around for years?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nail Rat posted:

No, but all these articles are basically indistinguishable

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nail Rat posted:

nope this is new

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Forgot my tax, please enjoy.

https://twitter.com/savannah_moon_/status/1177738918357323776

Nail Rat posted:

Seems new (old navy not gucci).

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Scott Forstall posted:

20 point swing in the first week lmao he's fried

That's just the dems falling in line though -- its basically a straight party line poll. Its going to be really loving hard to continue to crack the mattering shield.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1178750097884172288

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I mean, they have like 2 grand after living a nice lifestyle and saving 40k a year for retirement and 12k a year for college funds. Sounds like they have a reasonable budget for their income, despite living in a loving mansion of a house considering that monthly mortgage.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/prageru/status/1177209958493913089

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

evilweasel posted:

texas

it's garbage for reasonable people but it's loving texas and she's got a jury of, presumably, texans

Wonder about how Texas law feels about carrying a gun when getting totally drunk. That alone seems like grounds for jail time in a reasonable system.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

empty whippet box posted:

We've already seen some cracks in that armor, too. This very well could be the last week or two of trump's presidency, I mean it also might get dragged out horrendously for the next several months, but at this point anything could happen.

even if is gonna be the end for trump. its gonna be december at least. i do think trump is hosed at this point. the ending is either gonna be sooner or in 2020.

i mean i know these monsters view the negatives as positives but how the gently caress does anyone openly support broken windows policy. everyone hates it, even cops.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

I can't get over him calling the phone call "perfect", of all the idiosyncrasies of Trumps speech this is by far the funniest.

Like I really want to know what he thinks a perfect phone call is.

He probably thinks that using certain words will get him out of any trouble.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

OddObserver posted:

Wonder about how Texas law feels about carrying a gun when getting totally drunk. That alone seems like grounds for jail time in a reasonable system.

there was at least one state, and i thought it was texas, that passed a law to ban bars from prohibiting people from bringing guns inside

so they're in favor, basically

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OddObserver posted:

Isn't Texas where you can get booze and guns at drive-thrus?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

no reason to engage with them. they once claimed i lied about pelosi lying about medicare for all and once i posted the quotes they clammed up for some reason.

also jesus christ:

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1178730294498619392

I knew they'd find a way to let her off, but holy poo poo.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Dapper_Swindler posted:

even if is gonna be the end for trump. its gonna be december at least.

i mean i know these monsters view the negatives as positives but how the gently caress does anyone openly support broken windows policy. everyone hates it, even cops.

When your best case scenario is endless replays of the Battle of Mogadishu :shuckyes:

Angry_Ed posted:

Isn't Texas where you can get booze and guns at drive-thrus?

At the very least there's this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pacerhimself posted:

i mean he literally does. its like the wall and other stuff. he thinks if he changes words than people will kiss his rear end.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

pacerhimself posted:

That and his vocabulary size is only like 500 words total so he doesn't have many from which to pick.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I misread this as the jury being given the right to stand their ground during their deliberations against the bailiff, and I wouldn't have been surprised.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Feldegast42 posted:

That's just the dems falling in line though -- its basically a straight party line poll. Its going to be really loving hard to continue to crack the mattering shield.

Yeah that was my thought as well. We’re now in all dems support impeachment territory. When we hit 55 or 60 holy poo poo it’s over but i’m not holding my breath.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Smiling Jack posted:

hm, I hope the prosecution pointed out that under Stand Your Ground / Castle Doctrine, the victim had no duty or responsibility to retreat and even if he was moving towards the officer, he was justified in doing so.
I assume the prosecution is going to try to help this cop evade justice, or whatever it is we're calling it these days.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

there was at least one state, and i thought it was texas, that passed a law to ban bars from prohibiting people from bringing guns inside

SC I believe.

Or the same thing got brought up there because I distinctly remember my father talking about it like it was a good thing.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

texas

it's garbage for reasonable people but it's loving texas and she's got a jury of, presumably, texans

Remember a few years ago a Texas jury acquitted a dude for murdering a prostitute who didn't have sex with him after he paid her.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Have a heart, please send me your cruise missiles.

What the actual gently caress.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Feldegast42 posted:

the crosstabs show movement across the board.

https://twitter.com/Dchinni/status/1178750803600969728?s=20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sean10mm posted:

When your best case scenario is endless replays of the Battle of Mogadishu :shuckyes:

yeah. these dipshits are facists who want to always put "them" in "their place" and will put 4 metrocops on every corner of every city street so they can choke a man who sells loosies to death.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

VitalSigns posted:

I knew they'd find a way to let her off, but holy poo poo.

By this logic, I can walk into any restaurant and just eat and drink whatever I want because I'm confused and thought it was my own house whoops sorry [fake tears]

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Quorum posted:

holy poo poo

This helps clarify what percentage of people are on board with impeachment but not necessarily removal yet and what percentage are also already on the removal train. That we're already seeing almost half of Americans already saying just throw the bum out before we've even started hearings alters some calculations significantly.

I would love it if #JustThrowTheBumOut became a top trending hashtag on twitter

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The NYT remains garbage.

https://twitter.com/nyt_diff/status/1178753416778125312

https://twitter.com/nyt_diff/status/1178753426890661889

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Not shown, Mike Pence's massive erection from looking at that stallion.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.thedailybeast.com/if-republicans-cant-say-trumps-wrong-to-ask-ukraine-to-muddle-our-election-well-deserve-what-we-get

its a eric cantor goon dude but its interesting to see if this kinda stuff to grow.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

evilweasel posted:

It's Ohio.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the nyt is frequently real bad but this seems like they're just trying to update today's "trump impeachment update" story with the most recent news rather than anything bad and this is more about that trump has done two additional impeachable things just today

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

1337JiveTurkey posted:

The lunatic states seem to have this situation where it doesn't matter if the circumstances required for self-defense actually apply so long as you sincerely (not necessarily reasonably) believe that they apply.

It's a paper bag test.

If the roles had been reversed Texas would already be carrying out the death penalty

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Conservatives are not smart people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

I'll never forget the bit in the last Wire season where the newspaper reporters are having their usual meeting, and their lovely rich white old guy boss stops by, and then basically interrupts the meeting and has them change stuff that makes him uncomfortable, in this jovial clueless shithead grandpa way.