Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

Xur's still around, he takes sharts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Xur lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Give me wavesplitter you calamari rear end bag of bitch

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blast furnace is worth getting if you don't have one. Aim for kill clip/feeding frenzy and its great for ranged maps in PvP, well the one range map.

Also with the improvements to rapid fire pulses. Don't sleep on the requiem 45 from the mars expansion. It's not phenomenal perk wise or even stat wise but it is probably the best rapid fire frame pulse you'll have early access to unless you got some stupid roll on something else.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
God damnit, I’ve got shards coming out of my rear end...sharts...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
gently caress you Hush quest you sucked

https://i.imgur.com/wdIN8B3.gifv

(Apparently you get like 10x credit for Guardian Kills)

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
So is every piece of equipment in the game going to be 750 now? I just came back to the game today to find out my main primary Breakneck is being nerfed, so I can just pull any weapon out of collections to replace it? If so what's a good primary? I'm currently using Jotunn as my exotic in secondary but dunno if that's even good any more?! I'm only level 670 but guess that won't matter tomorrow.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
just use whatever you want and feel comfortable with tbh, unless you're running endgame content you won't notice a difference. breakneck will still do work for you, it just won't be what it was before

jotunn is still good

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

(Apparently you get like 10x credit for Guardian Kills)

say what

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bloodbath posted:

So is every piece of equipment in the game going to be 750 now? I just came back to the game today to find out my main primary Breakneck is being nerfed, so I can just pull any weapon out of collections to replace it? If so what's a good primary? I'm currently using Jotunn as my exotic in secondary but dunno if that's even good any more?! I'm only level 670 but guess that won't matter tomorrow.

You'll be able to but you might as well keep using it if you like it. There'll be some new hotness coming in the expansion you can latch on to.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I hoarded completed iron banner bounties but im really not clear on if they will auro dismantle or not. They were specifically mentioned by bungie. But it is bungie

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
my plan is to log on, shoot the man, do the activities

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

CheeseFactory posted:

I hoarded completed iron banner bounties but im really not clear on if they will auro dismantle or not. They were specifically mentioned by bungie. But it is bungie

After Season 5 they specifically called out that Iron Banner bounties would be deleted/totally cleared off of your Pursuits Tab because for some reason they would remain Powerful between seasons.

So Iron Banner, and every single bounty associated with Gambit/Crucible/Vanguard will be deleted (or maybe just reset to 0?) in 11 hours.

Hand those fuckers in because you'll get to keep all the Iron Banner tokens for next season

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

After Season 5 they specifically called out that Iron Banner bounties would be deleted/totally cleared off of your Pursuits Tab because for some reason they would remain Powerful between seasons.

So Iron Banner, and every single bounty associated with Gambit/Crucible/Vanguard will be deleted (or maybe just reset to 0?) in 11 hours.

Hand those fuckers in because you'll get to keep all the Iron Banner tokens for next season

Thanks man. Will do.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
You know what get's old? Having quests and bounties for different types of fusion rifles than the fusion rifle I'm using. :colbert:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

A Straight Buff Boss

Gary is the only straight boss in Destiny

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So if people can hit the new light cap day 1 what is the point of light levels anymore?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Epeen

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

So if people can hit the new light cap day 1 what is the point of light levels anymore?

same thing as always: its gearscore for activity locking?

the vast majority of people will not hit the cap on day 1

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm definitely not going to because I can't play until I'm back from yet another work trip

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am strangelly un-hyped. My expectations for this DLC are “the dark below” low. Maybe thats a good thing.
We get 1 new patrol area and 1 new strike and 2 new exotics, and this chair game with the gear that will be confusing for a few hours.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Tei posted:

I am strangelly un-hyped. My expectations for this DLC are “the dark below” low. Maybe thats a good thing.
We get 1 new patrol area and 1 new strike and 2 new exotics, and this chair game with the gear that will be confusing for a few hours.

Considering The Dark Below only had 1 new strike and a raid plus Necrochasm IF you got a Crux of Crota to drop then things can only get better.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I just want to get to the point where I can actually start working on a set of gear. With how expensive infusing is, I’m constantly swapping out things and not adding upgrades, knowing a light cap raising is coming.

With Hunters, what have people been doing for their mobility/resilience/recovery? I’ve always been doing about 8/4/2 or something around that. My character keeps getting melted in PvP, and sometimes it happens so fast it feels like it isn’t my error.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Captain Log posted:

I just want to get to the point where I can actually start working on a set of gear. With how expensive infusing is, I’m constantly swapping out things and not adding upgrades, knowing a light cap raising is coming.

With Hunters, what have people been doing for their mobility/resilience/recovery? I’ve always been doing about 8/4/2 or something around that. My character keeps getting melted in PvP, and sometimes it happens so fast it feels like it isn’t my error.

Well, you're about to become 750 and have 150 new levels of soft cap to burn through, and then 50 levels of hard cap where you pray for a +1 in the right slot after doing your Daily Strike Powerful

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Well, you're about to become 750 and have 150 new levels of soft cap to burn through, and then 50 levels of hard cap where you pray for a +1 in the right slot after doing your Daily Strike Powerful

I’ve got a big old bag of a couple hundred (250-400) Crucible, Vanguard, and Gunsmith mats. I’m hoping to get through that soft cap fast.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Captain Log posted:

I’ve got a big old bag of a couple hundred (250-400) Crucible, Vanguard, and Gunsmith mats. I’m hoping to get through that soft cap fast.

Just make the first thing you do Tuesday to be the Shadowkeep campaign. It'll boost you up a bit.

Getting through the soft cap from Crucible tokens alone will require something like 3500 to 6000 tokens! Let's hope the campaign puts a big dent in the work.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just make the first thing you do Tuesday to be the Shadowkeep campaign. It'll boost you up a bit.

Getting through the soft cap from Crucible tokens alone will require something like 3500 to 6000 tokens! Let's hope the campaign puts a big dent in the work.

Oh man, thank you for telling me that. I’m pretty sure I would have done it backwards.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Shadowkeep preload just went live on PSN.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Really hoping that Gambit Ritual SMG is good because I'll probably never get Recluse.

I'm excited to see how the weapon crafting table works. Probably going to take the day off on Friday and just play all weekend.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/CeaWGfM.gifv

I am saved.
Uninstalling initiated my rapture.

https://i.imgur.com/PiJZYJd.gifv

Have fun with the game, suckaz.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Warlock on the left, Titan on the right. Eat rear end and die.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
bungo sent an e-mail today saying we could predownload Shadowkeep - is it just the version 1.41 update or is there something else to download? on PS4

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I was able to play the new Gambit thing last night. It was boring. But you can gamble weak whateverthefucks and need to pick a side with the drifter!

gently caress that irritating rear end in a top hat, I'm going Vanguard.

":ping, ping, ping: OH BOY! Looks like you need to bring a sword! VEX on the field!" Oh gently caress off.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Am I gonna have to the campaign 3 times or did they change it so you only need to do it once. I thought I read that at one point.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

I was able to play the new Gambit thing last night. It was boring. But you can gamble weak whateverthefucks and need to pick a side with the drifter!

":ping, ping, ping: OH BOY! Looks like you need to bring a sword! VEX on the field!" Oh gently caress off.

Yeah, drifter feels really out of place

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom

Captain Log posted:

He promised to make me rich so I sided with him.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chappy posted:

He promised to make me rich so I sided with him.

Remember he lived in such lovely times where he'd starve to death and his ghost would revive him still starving. He's like your grandpa giving you a quarter for mowing the lawn.

That's why you have to play ten games of gambit to get a single bad bygones roll.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i'm that one guardian that got naked before dying in the vault of glass

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I tried to play the game and couldn't even log in

Game sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Pictured: me receiving a lifetime achievement award for outstanding trolling of the PC thread during the award segment of the Shadowkeep pre-release Bone Krew party