Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pisssssssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

So I'm going to guess he's going to live, on-air, say he's not going to obey the subpoena.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rent-A-Cop posted:

At some point Trump has definitely accidentally called Joe Biden and asked him for help framing Joe Biden.

TBF that's probably the best strategy.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Tonight on Hannity, Are troll man addicted to attention???

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

So I'm going to guess he's going to live, on-air, say he's not going to obey the subpoena.

Hes going to go on the air to talk about how Biden doesn't want him on the air.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really don’t understand. Trump withstood the fallout from the Mueller Report. He got away with it. It was over and people moved on. Why the gently caress is he directing an international conspiracy to... I don’t even know what about it?

I know he’s a raging dumbass but this seems beyond the pale.

And it was the next loving day, that's what slays me.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/alex_mallin/status/1178780932817539077

umbrage
Sep 5, 2007

beast mode

Jaxyon posted:

Just LOL if you're still paying for most of your clothes new at a store instead of thrifting.

Are you suggesting that Trickle-Down Sartorialism works?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Papercut posted:

Not to defend that garbage chart, but $24k is what preschool costs in high CoL areas. And it's not like there are cheaper alternatives, besides giving up your job.

Oh I guess there’s zero other options then.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

already posted, still worthless clickbait nonsense

yeah but i was posting that other dude's response to it

Papercut posted:

Not to defend that garbage chart, but $24k is what preschool costs in high CoL areas. And it's not like there are cheaper alternatives, besides giving up your job.

why not enroll them in, you know, a public school

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Barr is going to tell us he just flew to Italy to take a train to Prague and things will come full circle.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mr Interweb posted:

Public preschool?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

evilweasel posted:

its unclear if this was a pre-scheduled crime or if he accelerated his foreign criming to keep away from the press when the ukraine thing broke

sure am glad this is an unironic post about the attorney general of the United States

he still has some doing to beat Harding's AG for the bottom spot, but we'll see if he's got it in him

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1178781703655034880

WaPo confirms

quote:

Barr has already made overtures to British intelligence officials, and last week the attorney general traveled to Italy, where he and Durham met senior Italian government officials and Barr asked the Italians to assist Durham, according to one person familiar with the matter. It was not Barr’s first trip to Italy to meet intelligence officials, the person said. The Trump administration has made similar requests of Australia, these people said.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Most rotted brain, Trump or Giuliani?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

they're talking about preschool, aka daycare, for which there is no typical public option in the united states

my kid goes to preschool for free paid for by lottery money but that's a state thing

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Public preschool?

It sort of exists in places. Seattle has a pre-k program that is sliding scale based on income.

I was paying about $1200 a month for preschool prior to pre-k though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

[throwing file folders around the TV studio] "You wanna see my documents? HERE! LOOK AT ALL MY loving DOCUMENTS!! I'll even circle the parts where the crimes are!" / "Mayor, I asked 'how are you doing tonight?'"

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pretty loving funny that Michael Cohen is probably one of the best lawyers that's worked for Trump during all this because that guy is a Grade A moron.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Mr Interweb posted:

That thing does not exist, my friend.

Childcare is expensive and not really ”optional,” just a matter of what tradeoffs you make.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

wait, what? public pre-school doesn't exist? :psyduck:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It's kind of funny that the person who has the most faith in the ability of the Russia investigation to take down this admin ends up being Barr, who is trying to cover it up after everyone else basically gave up on it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mr Interweb posted:

What country do you live in?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr Interweb posted:

iirc new york only just very recently implemented it but it's got an age cutoff a year or two above private preschools, so your kid is going to be behind if you rely just on that

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

that's kind of why it's "pre" :confuoot:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

Some but not remotely all places have it. Even in places that do they do not necessarily have enough room and there are waiting lists.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

is he gonna imatate budd dwyer or some poo poo. because i kinda half expect it. he just blows his head off while hannity has that gormless look on his face.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

Not in the United States no. Public school starts with kindergarten, at age 5.

There is the Head Start program, but that's for 3-5 and not available everywhere, and also usually has a waiting list a mile long and is specifically for low-income families.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

umbrage posted:

Are you suggesting that Trickle-Down Sartorialism works?

If you thrift in rich areas it kinda does, at least in LA.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

evilweasel posted:

that is shockingly sensible

has nobody told texas republicans about that law?

Obviously not, and don't start doing it lest they "fix" them.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Can someone explain what the personal consequences of all this might be for Barr? I understand that an AG shouldn't really be jetting around the world chasing up on the president's grudges, but is all this the kind of thing that's likely to see him come under investigations of his own?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol so Trump and Barr are literally attempting to have foreign intelligence work against American I intelligence, what the fuuuuckkk

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

Most rotted brain, Trump or Giuliani?
Doesn't Giuliani legit have some form of brain damage from falling down some stairs or something like that, according to his ex-wife?

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Does anybody else feel like there’s an all-out war between the DOJ and IC playing out in real-time via the press?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lol is AOC posting in the this thread

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1178764214409859073

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

not in the united states, no

most states provide some funding for pre-k, which is for 4 year old children typically. fewer states do anything for younger children or infants

there are only three states which provide universal pre-k, try to guess which ones and be shocked. also some cities (like NYC and DC) offer free or reduced cost pre-k

georgia

oklahoma

florida

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

huh. well blow me down

i always figured the reason people avoided putting their kids in pre-school was because they felt they wouldn't be ready for it

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shitshow posted:

Does anybody else feel like there’s an all-out war between the DOJ and IC playing out in real-time via the press?

I think it's more 'a lot of career people are just absolutely making GBS threads on their corrupt leaders' and less the two departments lobbing missiles at one another. The fire seems pretty well directed upward.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

huh. well blow me down

i always figured the reason people avoided putting their kids in pre-school was because they felt they wouldn't be ready for it

People will pay hundreds of dollars to get a beak from their 3 year olds. Not to mention the thing people are actually worried about is not being ready for real school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

Nope, welcome to the financial hell that is parenting ($30K+ a year in daycare for one kid still seems excessive to me, but not incredibly so. I live in a pretty expensive suburb and pay $1600 a month per kid. I can imagine it being worse in SF or NYC though).