Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1178784749101420547?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Do you think they will ever realize letting Rudy babble incoherently to everyone and anyone, while incriminating the entire administration in a pants-on-head stupid as gently caress conspiracy is a bad thing?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So all of this means that Trump really is so deluded that in his mind he really is innocent of all wrong doing and won the election without any outside assistance at all.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

huh. well blow me down

i always figured the reason people avoided putting their kids in pre-school was because they felt they wouldn't be ready for it

every parent would absolutely love to have their kid in a good preschool, not only is it enrichment for the child but it's daily childcare as well

the big obstacle is affordability. childcare is one of those things where people will give up working to be a stay at home parent if it makes financial sense, because you need to make at least $40k yourself as a parent for it to be a sound idea. and there are plenty of folks who have no choice at all and pay for the shadiest barely licensed in-home daycares they can afford

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TulliusCicero posted:

Do you think they will ever realize letting Rudy babble incoherently to everyone and anyone, while incriminating the entire administration in a pants-on-head stupid as gently caress conspiracy, is a bad thing?

Trump is entertained by it, he thinks he does a good job. That’s why he keeps doing it.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Colorado just got full day kindergarten.

Preschool would be nice too.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Interweb posted:

wait, what? public pre-school doesn't exist? :psyduck:

lol you're adorable :3:

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

TulliusCicero posted:

Do you think they will ever realize letting Rudy babble incoherently to everyone and anyone, while incriminating the entire administration in a pants-on-head stupid as gently caress conspiracy is a bad thing?

Who is going to stop him? Trump? Trump wants him out there because Trump likes that brand of blustery moronism, and there is no one else who can tell him no since he's pretending to be Trump's personal attorney.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

luxury handset posted:

not in the united states, no

most states provide some funding for pre-k, which is for 4 year old children typically. fewer states do anything for younger children or infants

there are only three states which provide universal pre-k, try to guess which ones and be shocked. also some cities (like NYC and DC) offer free or reduced cost pre-k

georgia

oklahoma

florida

There's a killer episode of This American Life that talks about how one legislator nearly by himself snuck-in a "big government" program of free all day pre-k in Oklahoma without any of the other legislators noticing or making a fuss about it.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/477/getting-away-with-it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So all of this means that Trump really is so deluded that in his mind he really is innocent of all wrong doing and won the election without any outside assistance at all.

Trump I get, but Barr as well?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He has to know (or at least be vaguely aware; I mean: swiss chesse and all, so who the gently caress knows) that if he ever goes against Putin in any way, shape or form, many of his post-presidency prospects might look grim or dry up entirely.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mods change my name to bumbling, sloppy, dishonest mess

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Colorado just got full day kindergarten.

Preschool would be nice too.

Obama was pushing for universal preschool in his final years. Arguably one of his best ideas and one that anyone with kids can get behind except he didn’t call it “Free Preschool” because he’s a loving capitalist.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

yeah kinda. i think decades ago, trump used to just be a gross narssitic bigoted rear end in a top hat who says crazy poo poo because he could spin. now he just believes it in totality. he believes his own lies and its a ton of different reasons why.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

luxury handset posted:

not in the united states, no

most states provide some funding for pre-k, which is for 4 year old children typically. fewer states do anything for younger children or infants

there are only three states which provide universal pre-k, try to guess which ones and be shocked. also some cities (like NYC and DC) offer free or reduced cost pre-k

georgia

oklahoma

florida

Note that those programs aren't as universal as they might seem:

Georgia's is limited by the total number of available Pre-Ks:

quote:

Because participation in Georgia's Pre-K Program is voluntary for public schools and for private child development centers, there may not be enough spaces in every community for all four year olds who wish to participate. Every effort will be made to contract with eligible centers to create enough spaces for children who want to attend OR to match children with available spaces in other Pre-K program in the area.

Florida you only get 1 year out of the 2:

quote:

Can my child attend VPK for two years?

A. No. Each child is eligible for one student voucher. Some families will have a choice of sending their
child to VPK in one year or another based on the child's birthdate.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
also at the sad as hell intersection of working poverty and childcare - 24 hour drop in daycare centers

https://psmag.com/economics/rise-extreme-daycare-working-24-hour-children-school-93860

Trabisnikof posted:

Georgia's is limited by the total number of available Pre-Ks:

yeah, it's a subsidy paid to a private care center. so if you live in a place with a lot of daycares already, great! if you live way out in the sticks, sucks to be you!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Trump I get, but Barr as well?

Barr is a corrupt old nihilist who wants to do as much damage as possible to the country before he croaks. Nothing more than that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yep. He never needed any help in his life (*cough*Small Loan of $1Million *cough*), why would he need it to be president?

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Has Matt Drudge turned on Trump?

His notoriously conservative website sure looks odd right now.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Samara posted:

He's testing the waters

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Samara posted:

i don't think he ever liked trump?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
A reminder that this is real and the world we live in.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lol somehow William Barr has shown himself to be *more* unethical than Jefferson loving Beauregard Sessions.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

skylined! posted:

lol somehow William Barr has shown himself to be *more* unethical than Jefferson loving Beauregard Sessions.
Remember when people were saying that Barr was a company man who took his job seriously and was friends with Mueller so he could be trusted?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

skylined! posted:

Fuckin' wild the Iran Contra guy was corrupt

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
E: Big didn’t refresh, oofa

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

skylined! posted:

To be honest, I wonder if Trump's pushing is why Sessions left? Sessions was a corrupt Right wing nutcase, but he may have had enough foibles to realize this was unethical as gently caress.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Pigbuster posted:

Why do these lists always contain an Entertainment expense

Entertainment is what “Miscellaneous” is for.

Entertainment means drugs

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Samara posted:

Drudge remembers the taste of his first impeachment coverage and he knows there's blood in the water.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pigbuster posted:

Why do these lists always contain an Entertainment expense

Entertainment is what “Miscellaneous” is for.

lol, I missed that Entertainment included Weekend getaways, so even more vacation and travel than in the vacation section

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Just noticed it's Amash she's comment RTing, that adds a fun layer

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1178787733134811138?s=19

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ZcohenCNN/status/1178787236839604225

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah because barr views himself as "professional" or some poo poo instead of whatever the gently caress rudy is. now he may drown in the same poo poo puddle as rudy. lol

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1178789589223399431

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

he's going to go on air with a sharpie-marked version of the law now isn't he?

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Schlitzkrieg Bop posted:

Nope, welcome to the financial hell that is parenting ($30K+ a year in daycare for one kid still seems excessive to me, but not incredibly so. I live in a pretty expensive suburb and pay $1600 a month per kid. I can imagine it being worse in SF or NYC though).

I live near Sacramento California and pay $520 per month for my daughter to have just 8 days a month at a Montessori pre school. The closer you get to the bay area the price goes up exponentially.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ewiley posted:

he's going to go on air with a sharpie-marked version of the law now isn't he?

Not a sharpie, a huffable, stanky permanent marker, chisel tip.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah because barr views himself as "professional" or some poo poo instead of whatever the gently caress rudy is. now he may drown in the same poo poo puddle as rudy. lol

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1178789589223399431

Huh. I wonder if this is Barr throwing himself on his sword to defend executive overreach. If he can claim he asked Trump to pressure Ukraine to help with his crackpot conspiracy theory investigation, and if people believe Trump was 'just following the advice of his AG' which lol Trump following advice.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

luxury handset posted:

also at the sad as hell intersection of working poverty and childcare - 24 hour drop in daycare centers

https://psmag.com/economics/rise-extreme-daycare-working-24-hour-children-school-93860

yeah, it's a subsidy paid to a private care center. so if you live in a place with a lot of daycares already, great! if you live way out in the sticks, sucks to be you!

Jesus that's bleak as hell. I mean, bless them for helping(?) those families, but god drat we're running ourselves into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oracle posted:

Huh. I wonder if this is Barr throwing himself on his sword to defend executive overreach. If he can claim he asked Trump to pressure Ukraine to help with his crackpot conspiracy theory investigation, and if people believe Trump was 'just following the advice of his AG' which lol Trump following advice.

idk. why the gently caress would he do that. i feel like barr will throw trump under the bus, doing your bosses dumb dirty work is one thing but now he is directly a target and will probably end up as a scapegoat/sacrifice, i doubt he wants that.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 30, 2019