Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

JEEVES420 posted:

Um the noises and lights all mean something. If it is beeping it is trying to tell you something, usually something you should know.

Why would you want to mute a microwave? It only beeps when you press buttons or its letting you know its done heating your food :confused:

When mine finishes it keeps beeping until you open the door. I really wish I could mute it or just have it beep once. It’s really annoying if I’m busy with something else in the kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Time to ditch the $30 hand made 2x4 bed frame I had to cobble together last year for a real one.

Link to this, please.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
In a drunken stupor I stepped on my car's key fob & broke it. Went to AutoZone & got a replacement one:

The AutoZone nearest my house didn't have it, but the one down the street did so I just asked them to hold it as I drove over. The people at the other store didn't see it initially but after 10 minutes of digging around they found it. They even knocked off 10% for my troubles. :unsmith:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

JEEVES420 posted:

Um the noises and lights all mean something. If it is beeping it is trying to tell you something, usually something you should know.

Why would you want to mute a microwave? It only beeps when you press buttons or its letting you know its done heating your food :confused:

My smoke alarm has things to tell me. My microwave/TV/Car/Phone can go gently caress itself. The microwave is muted, it makes no noise ever, and it's amazing. Sure it means sometimes things spend an extra minute or two just chillin in the microwave but it's way better than the alternative. What's even better is our microwave has an awful beep that keeps going well past its useful time - to the point a friend even commented on it. Our new coffee maker doesn't have a beep which was a minor inconvenience at first, but now we don't even notice it.

Most lights on consumer electronics tell you almost 0 information. Oh good, a blinding LED telling me my monitor is... off. Or the blinding LED tell me my phone is... charging.

I get we need the option for these things for say blind people, but it should be early in the setup process where you get asked that question and turn all that crap off.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

H110Hawk posted:

My smoke alarm has things to tell me. My microwave/TV/Car/Phone can go gently caress itself. The microwave is muted, it makes no noise ever, and it's amazing. Sure it means sometimes things spend an extra minute or two just chillin in the microwave but it's way better than the alternative. What's even better is our microwave has an awful beep that keeps going well past its useful time - to the point a friend even commented on it. Our new coffee maker doesn't have a beep which was a minor inconvenience at first, but now we don't even notice it.

Most lights on consumer electronics tell you almost 0 information. Oh good, a blinding LED telling me my monitor is... off. Or the blinding LED tell me my phone is... charging.

I get we need the option for these things for say blind people, but it should be early in the setup process where you get asked that question and turn all that crap off.

My ex-wife had a laptop with a ridiculously bright LED by the plugin for the charger. Waking up in the middle of the night to go get a glass of water and having that light pointed at me walking into the kitchen was blinding. Like great googly moogly, that fucker is bright! My phone will turn the screen on when it finishes charging. Room is pitch black and I'm sleeping and phone says "WOOOO!!! I HAVE A FULL BATTERY MOTHERFUCKER!!!"

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

I heart bacon posted:

My ex-wife had a laptop with a ridiculously bright LED by the plugin for the charger. Waking up in the middle of the night to go get a glass of water and having that light pointed at me walking into the kitchen was blinding. Like great googly moogly, that fucker is bright! My phone will turn the screen on when it finishes charging. Room is pitch black and I'm sleeping and phone says "WOOOO!!! I HAVE A FULL BATTERY MOTHERFUCKER!!!"

Out of habit I flip my phones face down when I go to sleep because of stuff like that.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Van Dis posted:

Link to this, please.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FGY7G2/

Mostly good reviews, it looks like the bad reviews are poor QA. Parts with holes not drilled, etc... and then poor/slow customer service to get a replacement part.

The two things i'm iffy on is the height, only 7" above the floor (I have no boxspring, just a memory foam mattress, so I might have to get one) and the frame doesn't seem to have anything to hold the mattress in place...might have to do some fiddling to get a few brackets installed on the edges.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I bought a zinus queen platform bed frame and I'm really impressed with it. It's all solid wood, extremely easy to assemble and very solid. I don't have a headboard because I have an existing one I'm going to mount to it, but I think for 150 bucks or something like that it was a much better buy than my old Ikea bedframe.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

MA-Horus posted:

I bought a zinus queen platform bed frame and I'm really impressed with it. It's all solid wood, extremely easy to assemble and very solid. I don't have a headboard because I have an existing one I'm going to mount to it, but I think for 150 bucks or something like that it was a much better buy than my old Ikea bedframe.

Zinus owns; their foam mattresses are a great deal also. We've bought two bedframes and two mattresses from them at this point and so far so good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My Zinus mattress was the single best purchase I made for my new condo. I've never slept better. Also I can't feel when the person next to me moves around and stuff. Just awesome through and through.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My Zinus mattress and frame were temporary purchases for when I got to my new apartment across the country and just needed a place to sleep that wasn’t an air mattress.

That was 3 years ago.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

My Zinus mattress was the single best purchase I made for my new condo. I've never slept better. Also I can't feel when the person next to me moves around and stuff. Just awesome through and through.

Yep. Have 3 Zinus matresses and one bed frame, really happy with the quality of all of it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I recently realized that my traditional Sealy mattress is over 15 years old so I'm going to replace it. I get warm easily so I'm going to stick with innerspring, but I'm tempted to get one of the amazeballs ones like Saatva because clearly I keep these things for a long time.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I just got a Zinus mattress and I wake up soaked in sweat most nights, even with no covers and a fan on. That's with their "cooling gel" layer included.

It's so loving comfortable, though. I didn't know I was a "hot" sleeper until now. I might try different toppers and see if I can't make it more breathable.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The Ferret King posted:

I just got a Zinus mattress and I wake up soaked in sweat most nights, even with no covers and a fan on. That's with their "cooling gel" layer included.

It's so loving comfortable, though. I didn't know I was a "hot" sleeper until now. I might try different toppers and see if I can't make it more breathable.

Chilipad time.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I will also contribute to the Zinus love. It would have to spontaneous combust or something for me to not be satisfied with my $200 purchase 2 years later. Can't imagine ever spending more at this point.

On an unrelated flip side, don't bother with shower head attachment water softeners. Gone through a couple filters now and won't be buying any more since it doesn't seem to do anything. Unless I convince my landlord to install a real water softener, I think we are just out of luck.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I got Towerfall, Ultimate Horse Chicken and Worms WMD for Switch.

Also a used Ford Focus because our old POS died.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I bought Goose and Killer Queen for switch. It's gonna be a month full of being rear end in a top hat animals :v:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Android Apocalypse posted:

In a drunken stupor I stepped on my car's key fob & broke it. Went to AutoZone & got a replacement one:

The AutoZone nearest my house didn't have it, but the one down the street did so I just asked them to hold it as I drove over. The people at the other store didn't see it initially but after 10 minutes of digging around they found it. They even knocked off 10% for my troubles. :unsmith:

This looks like a hidden camera keychain.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It looks like every key fob ever you paranoid weirdo

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

It looks like every key fob ever you paranoid weirdo

That’s what someone who didn’t want us to think it was a hidden camera keychain would say

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

The Sexual Shiite posted:

That’s what someone who didn’t want us to think it was a hidden camera keychain would say

As a whistleblower in the hidden camera keychain lobby I can confirm this

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It does look a bit like a keyfob from a network TV show where they don't have the permission/budget to use a real car manufacturer's branding so it's just blank because :effort:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Well, I mean it is a generic key fob. If I wanted one with an authentic Toyota logo I could've gone to a dealership & spent 3x what I spent at AutoZone.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I bought the Zinus 12” green tea memory foam mattress and their bed with nailhead headboard almost a year and a half ago. It was the first time I got a new bed since... maybe ever in my life?

It’s super comfy to sleep on but memory foam is terrible for sex.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

It’s super comfy to sleep on but memory foam is terrible for sex.

Try it with a partner, works great for me.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Did you not cut a hole in it first?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Try it with a partner, works great for me.

:drat:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

We have the Zinus 10" green tea in a king and it's the best purchase I've made and the best sleep I've gotten in years

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

LadyPictureShow posted:

Man, I want a haunted house bundt(?) pan. Did you find that on Amazon?

I bought this one on fleabay, but it’s also on amazon as well, and about half the price listed on Nordic Ware’s site

Bottom Liner posted:

Post pics of the final product because no way it doesn’t look like a Grover house in cake form

Didn’t put quite enough batter in, so it’s missing the insulation under the stairs and the pumpkins out front. Otherwise it just needs the electrical outlets every six inches.

Gf and I made the bourbon banana batter from scratch and drizzled the whole thing with a bourbon vanilla glaze. It was :discourse:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Now do it as a jello mold.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Yea, and put, like, slices of pineapples cut into bats and spiders in there too

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not a purchase, but my friend just got me this bad boy as a housewarming/birthday present:

edit:
Yikes, that's one huge loving picture.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

Colder weather means I can wear clothes I actually like.
While fashion for men is woefully uninspired, I picked up a couple long cardigans (only one with a hood) because I want to feel comfy and look like a hipster wizard.

From way back, but I also got this but in purple.

I feel very pretty. Flowy in the autumn breeze. Thank you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NewFatMike posted:

From way back, but I also got this but in purple.

I feel very pretty. Flowy in the autumn breeze. Thank you.

You're welcome! I'm getting at least one more.

The thinness to weight ratio is wild. Plus it's super warm.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

OSU_Matthew posted:

Gf and I made the bourbon banana batter from scratch and drizzled the whole thing with a bourbon vanilla glaze. It was :discourse:

Get back here and post the recipe! :argh:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I was supposed to get my new phone yesterday. Unfortunately it shows delivered but never came. loving USPS. I haven't bought a current gen phone in a decade and now the one time I do and it probably got stolen.

edit:
The driver found it in the truck! Kinda weird that the bag was torn open, but it got delivered about 45 minutes ago and now I'm just waiting for all my stupid apps/settings/contacts to transfer over and download. Can't wait to stumble around learning all the new features of this thing.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Oct 5, 2019

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Post a new phone selfie with new phone.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I was supposed to get my new phone yesterday. Unfortunately it shows delivered but never came. loving USPS. I haven't bought a current gen phone in a decade and now the one time I do and it probably got stolen.

edit:
The driver found it in the truck! Kinda weird that the bag was torn open, but it got delivered about 45 minutes ago and now I'm just waiting for all my stupid apps/settings/contacts to transfer over and download. Can't wait to stumble around learning all the new features of this thing.

nice! Happy it turned up for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

bought a pile of stuff at a concert. was good. there's also a poster which at the time of taking that i had left in the car but was too lazy to return for since i'd just spent three and a half hours driving