Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I would give it a 4 out of 5 because I really feel like a couple characters didn't get to do much/I dunno how needed they were. I loved Shamiko and Momo a lot though.

There's a few things I'm gonna check out but I really wish we'd know who had what sooner rather than later. It's probably due to contracts or such but it feels like a bad advent calendar seeing who is streaming what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tales of Woe posted:

i'd rate it above most 1-season kirara shows. these series always get better in season 2 if they get one.

i'd put comic girls above it, i feel like that one had a more interesting arc of figuring out what it wanted to do within its run time and ended up playing with character relationships and dynamics in more fun ways than machikado did, especially with more characters to work with

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

i'd rate it above most 1-season kirara shows. these series always get better in season 2 if they get one.

By this metric harukana season 2 will be the greatest anime ever made.

The Colonel posted:

i'd put comic girls above it, i feel like that one had a more interesting arc of figuring out what it wanted to do within its run time and ended up playing with character relationships and dynamics in more fun ways than machikado did, especially with more characters to work with
Comic girls started way weaker but ended up in a stronger place, would be my take.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I just marathoned the last 6 episodes of Machikado and it was all very cute. The deluge of plot in the last two episodes made it feel like it had gone somewhere even if it didn't. It'd definitely benefit from a second season though.

I was a bit concerned about the whole "comedy about poverty" angle but in the end it wasn't that big of a deal. Best anime this season*!

*I didn't watch anything else

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And where does that leave Slow motherfucking Start? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
drat you, mysterious AV provider! I wanted to wear my loseravatar a while longer! :argh:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Machikado is definitely the best show I watched this season, but that's more because I only watched it and Case Files and I was super lukewarm on Case Files. I guess I should have watched Granbelm.

E: How did I forget Symphogear I literally watched the finale today

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 29, 2019

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Nate RFB posted:

I guess I should watch Granbelm

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sadly Hunter x Hunter, which I'm watching now, decided to be a whopping 148 episodes so whether Granbelm is any good or not I guess we'll just never know.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

And where does that leave Slow motherfucking Start? I'm almost afraid to ask.

the last few episodes are kinda weak cause the anime-original stuff can be kinda mixed and the last few episodes are basically entire original, but the stuff it covers from the manga is adapted really well, it lends a whole world of physical expression to tama that brings her character to life and isn't quite as present in the manga and the entire scene of hannen and shion getting a massage and hannen staring at shion's boobs the entire time was anime-original so it's a pretty good adaptation

also the yandere dating sim gag with tama was kinda... odd? it didn't make me #cancel it but it doesn't quite fit her characterization since she's just kinda excitable and gay, it's not a recurring joke so i dunno why they added it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 28, 2019

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

By this metric harukana season 2 will be the greatest anime ever made.

A second season of Acchi Kocchi :worship:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

Ah, shame, felt like I'd seen people be a lot higher on it than that.

It's probably my favourite show of the year

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I'm still waiting for whichever part of Raildex has DBZ Pope.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Accelerator turned out to be pretty meh because it strayed away from idiots poking the weird, all-powerful bear to focus on a boring secondary character and an equally boring villain.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I'm still waiting for whichever part of Raildex has DBZ Pope.
Season 3 had a pope. And the pope is a badass.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mix finished today. drat fine show and criminally underwatched (at least on the English side of things). I've said plenty about this show that barely anyone watched so I'll just leave it at: it's a drat fine show and Mitsuru Adachi is able to write the dynamics of sibling relationships in a way that I wish more anime could accomplish. Is it a worthy successor to Touch? Well, it doesn't hit quite as hard as Touch but on the other hand this was merely the first part of a larger story so I'm giving it a tentative maybe. Not that it matters mind you, since most of the references to Touch are unobtrusive yet cheeky nods (personally I'm a big fan of the school band playing the Touch OP theme, which one character remarks is "the theme song of a popular anime from 30 years ago"), and the references that matter are talked about at length (spoilers: in the end they won the big game!!). Here's hoping for a season two in the near future.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Motto posted:

Ah, shame, felt like I'd seen people be a lot higher on it than that.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's probably my favourite show of the year

It’s my favorite anime of the year. It gets 10/10 from me.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

i think the manga is a lot further on than has been translated. the anime got that rolling at least but theres covers for like 5 volumes on mangadex and (almost) 2 translated? (edit: the show "Ends at Vol 3, Chap 27" which is like the first chapter of vol. 3)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m having a hard time believing anything can be better than wa moon das cry or horny bookclub. If it’s by slow start person tho it deserves a chance.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Romance Dawn trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfI1MQ9rhEo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kater posted:

I’m having a hard time believing anything can be better than wa moon das cry or horny bookclub. If it’s by slow start person tho it deserves a chance.

it's not, they have different directors and different authors. machikado also has way less resources to work with so the animation is a lot more limited, i wouldn't expect anything like the fancier flourishes slow start had. honestly if they ever do another season of machikado that's one of the biggest things i'd like to see improved on, every other kirara anime i can think of other than like, magic of stella, benefited a ton from more energetic character animation

guess there's not much to do about that unless s2 is way higher profile though

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 29, 2019

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

kater posted:

I’m having a hard time believing anything can be better than wa moon das cry or horny bookclub.

As someone else who saw all three, I’d say MM is the best of them. Check it out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Princess Principal sequel flim on April 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/pripri_anime/status/1178315215911309313?s=20

teaser trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzyYIn_pKU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

a kitten posted:

Princess Principal sequel flim on April 20, 2020

At last! Guess I'll have to cling to life at least 'til then.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
4/20/2020

:420:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I see i got a little carried away there since it's actually the 10th, oops :v:

Anyway, i'm pretty excited for it, and also i just realised i should maybe grab the discs because i don't particularly trust amazon to hang onto the streaming rights

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i mean that says april 10th but gently caress yeah!!! one of my favorite series

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lay off the catnip, kitten. :colbert:

Otherwise, yay! :woop:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ready for Beato to drive again

Also more Princess/Ange date and spy action

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Beastars looks awful. The CG doesn't work at all with the characters and setting. Orange did a great job with Houseki no Kuni, but I feel a large part of that is because CG just fits super well for depicting weird, flawless gem-people and their alien environment. The art for the Beastars manga is stylised in a way that's really rough, but charming and intricate and kind of noir-esque, full of ugly, uncanny animal people in a very lived-in world with many small details -- effectively translating that to CG is questionable, and I don't think Orange pulled it off at all.

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 29, 2019

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
There are pretty significant personnel changes in the new pripri movie. Different writer and director than the series also studio 3hz isn't currently credited only the studio it partnered with is. Ange's seiyuu is also new due to health reasons. Still a lot of returning talent like yuki kajiura so it's not like a full one punch man season two change over

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If the more serious/"scary" moments of Kaguya-sama have shown anything, I feel like Aoi Koga is all and all pretty drat good replacement for Ms. Imamura. Real shame she had to retire, though. :(

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Homura and Sickle posted:

There are pretty significant personnel changes in the new pripri movie. Different writer and director than the series also studio 3hz isn't currently credited only the studio it partnered with is. Ange's seiyuu is also new due to health reasons. Still a lot of returning talent like yuki kajiura so it's not like a full one punch man season two change over

:ohdear:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The article I saw says the director hasn't changed.

the new writer doesn't have a lot of original credits, in fact it's pretty much just Soly Rei and Kokkoku, which is interesting. I liked Kokkoku a fair bit.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 30, 2019

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Only watched first ep yet but Machikado is just Guru Guru. And not just because of the VA although yeah okay a lot because of the VA. Which is great.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All three of the Asobi Asobase girls are doing good VA work and I'm glad of it. They were relative newcomers to the scene and are slowly becoming staples

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Cautiously optimistic for Iruma-kun. I read a few chapters of the manga and it seemed alright (I gave up when the translation suddenly became terrible, not for lack of interest)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

All three of the Asobi Asobase girls are doing good VA work and I'm glad of it. They were relative newcomers to the scene and are slowly becoming staples

What's Hanako's VA up to? She was excellent in that role but I don't know what she's done since.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Agronox posted:

What's Hanako's VA up to? She was excellent in that role but I don't know what she's done since.

Mostly supporting roles, looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Excited for high score girl II