Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Does he.

Edit: I think you guys missed my point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus thats some dictator fraud level sad poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
LMAO

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178820044802940929

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Interesting that save Rudy and Donny, all the major players in these crimes are loving off to Europe. I can't decide whether they think they're going to ride things out where they can't be extradited, or they have some sort of half-assed plan to present "evidence of Hillary's crimes" thing they hope to do.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Interesting that save Rudy and Donny, all the major players in these crimes are loving off to Europe. I can't decide whether they think they're going to ride things out where they can't be extradited, or they have some sort of half-assed plan to present "evidence of Hillary's crimes" thing they hope to do.

i love how they keep making the dumbest obvious bad choices for almost ever decision.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he trying to offer her concessions on gun background checks in exchange for dropping the impeachment talk? And the next day Wayne LaPierre called Trump into his office?

Haven't heard that bit, but Art of the deal, baby:

"Shortly after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced a formal impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump on Tuesday, Trump reached out to her to negotiate, according to NBC News.

Trump told the California Democrat he'd like to "figure this out," NBC News' Heidi Przybyla reported. He reportedly said, "Hey, can we do something about this whistleblower complaint, can we work something out?"

Pelosi apparently swatted him down with a curt response: "Tell your people to obey the law.""

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
This new Barr drop really hammers home that we're watching the nation melt down in real time now. Holy poo poo this is going to be a wild ride for the foreseeable future.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178821592421404678

So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
But I'll be stumbling away
Slowly learning that life is okay
Say after me
It's no better to be safe than sorry

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Data Graham posted:

So I've been trying to digest the last ~300 posts' worth of new revelations, and there's all these new contacts between Barr/Trump and various world leaders. But they're not about Biden, they're about ... the 2016 election? Like... what's he trying to get them to help with? Clearly not to get to the bottom of the alleged Russian election hacking, right? If Trump were sane he would be considering that whole episode over and done with now that the Mueller Report didn't amount to anything, so he would and by all rights should be doing everything in his power to direct attention away from the 2016 election. But because he's Trump he, what ... wants the whole world to help out in proving that the Deep State was out to get him all along and the real Russian Collusion was the Democrats trying to fix the election against him? That's what all these countries are (telling him they're) lining up to help with?

Like, this all sounds utterly stupid and right in line with the reasoning of the Trump Dimension but it doesn't seem like part of the same "impeachable offenses" topic that's at hand.

Don't forget that Trump can not let any slight against him go, ever. He will remember and hold a grudge for eternity.
Remember the story about the journo who made fun of Trumps little hands once and for years kept receiving pictures from Trump with his hands highlighted to show how big they were? Well, this is Trump doing the same thing about Mueller. Looking for 'proof' that vindicates his version of events.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Toebone posted:

I'm catching up, what the hell do Australia and Italy have to do with the 2016 election?

Apparently, based on NYT/WaPost sources:

- Joseph Mifsud, a Maltese "academic", tells George Papadopoulos about the Russians having dirt on Hillary Clinton.
- Papadopoulous tells a high-level Australian government employee about that fact.
- The Australians report it to the FBI who purportedly based on this fact, start the investigation into the Trump campaign's collusion with Russia.
- Joseph Mifsud "disappears" in Rome and isn't heard from by that name after 2017. No one knows for sure where he is but he was reported to be living in Rome, where he was a visiting professor, under a different identity.

This is how they'll attack impeachment, they will deflect with an investigation meant to implicate Obama's administration in planting the allegations of Russian hacking/documents through Mifsud and triggering the whole Russia investigation. Barr is taking this thing seriously given how he's on record asking Trump to introduce him to the Italians and Australians, and the fact that he spent all of last week in Italy in the middle of this Ukraine crisis.

Ham fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 1, 2019

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I still can't get over the fact that the administration brain trust threw together an obviously cherry picked summary of a call they went out of their way to bury as far from the light of day as possible, and the summary was basically a cheap mob movie shakedown.

eke out posted:

I'm loving the ridiculous fiction that the Attorney General of the United States of America needs to be personally introduced to world leaders by the President in order for them to respond to document requests.

Barr just knows that he's going to be asking the type of insane questions that would cause any sane person to throw him out of their office. So he needs the various governmental agencies of his study abroad trip to fully understand that America really is that crazy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ham posted:

Apparently, based on NYT/WaPost sources:

- Joseph Mifsud, a Maltese "academic", tells George Papadopoulos about the Russians having dirt on Hillary Trump.
- Papadopoulous tells a high-level Australian government employee about that fact.
- The Australians report it to the FBI who purportedly based on this fact, start the investigation into the Trump campaign's collusion with Russia.
- Joseph Mifsud "disappears" in Rome and isn't heard from by that name after 2017. No one knows for sure where he is but he was reported to be living in Rome, where he was a visiting professor, under a different identity.

This is how they'll attack impeachment, they will deflect with an investigation meant to implicate Obama's administration in planting the allegations of Russian hacking/documents through Mifsud and triggering the whole Russia investigation. Barr is taking this thing seriously given how he's on record asking Trump to introduce him to the Italians and Australians, and the fact that he spent all of last week in Italy in the middle of this Ukraine crisis.

its a bad move, outside the uber chuds, this will have no traction.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i love how they keep making the dumbest obvious bad choices for almost ever decision.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump and his cronies gently caress off to Europe and try to set up a government-in-exile. Now that would be a clusterfuck.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
He’s going to campaign against impeachment.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1178787622770167808

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SchrodingersCat posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump and his cronies gently caress off to Europe and try to set up a government-in-exile. Now that would be a clusterfuck.

i mean if poo poo gets bad enough, maybe. one of the weird outcomes i see is him losing the election and just doing that and saying he didnt lose. maybe goes to russia or somewhere else.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean if poo poo gets bad enough, maybe. one of the weird outcomes i see is him losing the election and just doing that and saying he didnt lose. maybe goes to russia or somewhere else.

Lol, Commander in Exile Donald J Trump

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
Say after me

Might be one of the dumbest loving things I’ve seen

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer
So our Attorney General is apparently asking foreign governments and their intelligence agencies to aid in same Attorney General's personal efforts to undermine our government's intelligence agencies in political support of an orange fecal mass.

Exploding cigars r next.

Sorry, no WAPO sub, deleted maybe wonky link.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 1, 2019

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I'm holding out for the go before the press and publicly drop out as the East Coast returns roll in on November 3rd. Then open up whatever insane grift enterprise while peddling that he never lost, he quit because he already won everything.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Might be one of the dumbest loving things I’ve seen

thats saying alot after this whole week, hell this last few hours.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Otteration posted:

So our Attorney General is apparently asking foreign governments and their intelligence agencies to aid in same Attorney General's personal efforts to undermine our government's intelligence agencies in political support of an orange fecal mass.

https://t.co/DsQZ2pJ1qa?fbclid=IwAR2DWZkRVJyLvYIGYODG1eRKHliBK1IVGf2xjn2fy6rYKq4AIctCfV2ThDg

Exploding cigars r next.

...Barr can't believe this, can he?
Edit: like, he's just doing it to get out of the country, right?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178821592421404678

Pissssssssss ooonnnnnnn meeeeeee
Piss on me

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 1, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Otteration posted:

Exploding cigars r next.

i mean i feel like this will only make things worse impeachment wise for him.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's a good sign for the looming impeachment battle. If this is an attempt at digging up some bullshit about Hillary, I'm hoping it'll be too late to have an effect (except among chuds).

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

THE DRAGON OF BUDAPEST RISES

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It's a good sign for the looming impeachment battle. If this is an attempt at digging up some bullshit about Hillary, I'm hoping it'll be too late to have an effect (except among chuds).

How would literally anything to do with Hillary help him with the allegations about him and Ukraine and Biden?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Barr is a loving crazy person, he can just still manage to string a sentence together and justify absurd claims of executive power

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

idk. i mean he helped reagan get away with it. now he does treason himself along with the president.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ham posted:

Quick summary about Downer.

He's a member of one of Australia's political dynasties and had a disastrous stint as leader of the Liberal Party during the 1990s. After that he was Foreign Minister in Howard's government and was one of the people who pushed for Australian involvement in the invasion of Iraq. When the Libs got back in government under Abbott they gave him UK High Commissioner because that's the kind of job you give to senior ex-party members (see also Joe Hockey, the US ambassador who sent the letter).

Ir's really funny to see him involved like this because he while he's a massive fuckwit in general he was actually doing what he thought was in the best interests of both Australia and America at the time.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

THE DRAGON OF BUDAPEST RISES

HE FLED IN THE MUSTANG, AND NOW HE RETURNS!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How would literally anything to do with Hillary help him with the allegations about him and Ukraine and Biden?

It wouldn't except to possibly help them 'bothsides' it. But I'm definitely overthinking it because if your dream team is Gorka, Pompeo and Barr, then :lol:

e: Sorry; I'm broke-brained tonight. Nothing they've tried since this poo poo started breaking has managed to make a dent in public opinion.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 1, 2019

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
The Dragon of Budapest is back, baby!!!

https://twitter.com/joshnbcnews/status/1178815911349964801?s=21

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
Say after me

But ill be posting anyway
Slowly learning my crimes are okay

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Did ... did he draw on his tablet using dry erase marker?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
This rear end in a top hat is using the state department and the DOJ to work on his campaign in real time.

This guy needs to be removed ASAP.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean i feel like this will only make things worse impeachment wise for him.

Crowdsource, link, protest, call your neighbor, council, mayor, Representative, Senator, protest some more, in no particular order. :)

Actual answer: hopefully?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Say after me
Would you rather be Rudy Guiliani?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

THE DRAGON OF BUDAPEST HAS BECOME THE APPRENTICE OF STATECRAFT

GORKA RISES, MISTER CHAPO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

We still don’t know who wrote that op-Ed