Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CommieGIR posted:

HE FLED IN THE MUSTANG, AND NOW HE RETURNS!

:lol:

Trump and the Dragon shall give birth to the Mustang that drives the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
half hour til hannity.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
meanwhile on CNN

https://twitter.com/owenrumney/status/1178822814335303680

yeah that seems about right

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Did ... did he draw on his tablet using dry erase marker?

He took a picture of his monitor or tablet and used the iPhone marker for editing pictures.

Also Twitter’s thing whatever the gently caress it is called is probably broken. I’m sure he has more than zero new followers. What a clown.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Quick summary about Downer.

He's a member of one of Australia's political dynasties and had a disastrous stint as leader of the Liberal Party during the 1990s. After that he was Foreign Minister in Howard's government and was one of the people who pushed for Australian involvement in the invasion of Iraq. When the Libs got back in government under Abbott they gave him UK High Commissioner because that's the kind of job you give to senior ex-party members (see also Joe Hockey, the US ambassador who sent the letter).

Ir's really funny to see him involved like this because he while he's a massive fuckwit in general he was actually doing what he thought was in the best interests of both Australia and America at the time.

For further context the Liberals are the conservatives in Australia (just like America lolol)

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

i dont use twitter. what is shadowbanning?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

ManBoyChef posted:

not that

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1178822524584501250

no surprises here.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ManBoyChef posted:

De-platforming someone by the corporate moderators in all but name; i.e. removing followers from a system level, not displaying posts to followers, etc.

It's greatest use is for fascists to self-identify themselves when whining about it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Keep digging up more of 2016 Trumpy boy! You are totally winning. Absolutely none of this will hurt you or be used against you at all, nope :shepface:

So are Republicans ever going to acknowledge that Lord Frieza here has called on the Dumbass Ginyu Force to hunt down the batshit insane conspiracy stuff, or are they just in stunned silence at how utterly off the rails we are?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 1, 2019

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
They're really looking for a clear cut kill shot

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Keep digging up more of 2016 Trumpy boy! You are totally winning

i feel like the impeachment inqueary is gonna get broader.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

They're really looking for a clear cut kill shot

trump seems to be hyped to give them as many shots as possible.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Schlitzkrieg Bop posted:

Nope, welcome to the financial hell that is parenting ($30K+ a year in daycare for one kid still seems excessive to me, but not incredibly so. I live in a pretty expensive suburb and pay $1600 a month per kid. I can imagine it being worse in SF or NYC though).

$30k in Manhattan for daycare for one child is just below the average from my experience.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
There's zero way to investigate ttrump without turning up more crimes, it's spectacular

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'm not sure what to make of what seems to be the CIA versus the compromised DOJ B plot they've got going.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump took the Dems attempt to limit the scope of their inquiry as a personal affront.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Stop leaning on the leaning tower of crimes, more crimes will fall out! drat it man!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

There's zero way to investigate ttrump without turning up more crimes, it's spectacular

It's crimes all the way down.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump took the Dems attempt to limit the scope of their inquiry as a personal affront.

It'll turn out the person leaking everything is actually Trump himself because he wants out of the Presidency but doesn't want to look weak by resigning.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

RuanGacho posted:

I'm not sure what to make of what seems to be the CIA versus the compromised DOJ B plot they've got going.

i feel like thats gonna blow up bigger tuesday.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"Obama would've only let Pelosi pinch him on one of the crimes, pass it on..."

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

If Trump becomes aware of this, what are the odds he unironically suggests to his toadies doing this?

https://twitter.com/i/events/1178742323359797248

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Can this entire Trump experience forever put to rest all the conspiracies that the Deep State killed JFK?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CHEF!!! posted:

If Trump becomes aware of this, what are the odds he unironically suggests to his toadies doing this?

Lmao, let him try, this would just create more crime fractals.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can this entire Trump experience forever put to rest all the conspiracies that the Deep State killed JFK?

JFK killed himself, come on now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6naJ08Tskk

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Angry_Ed posted:

It's crimes all the way down.

It'll turn out the person leaking everything is actually Trump himself because he wants out of the Presidency but doesn't want to look weak by resigning.

The NYT has revealed the name of the whistleblower. It appears his name is John Miller.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

:getin:

Get The gently caress In

GJ mats are all I ever wanted from impeachment because death is nothing compared to vindication

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

There was no shooter, JFK's head just did that

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gyges posted:

The NYT has revealed the name of the whistleblower. It appears his name is John Miller.

MILLER

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
So what is the actual crime Barr may have committed with all this sneaking around overseas? Serious question, it looks sketchy as hell, but is it a crime?

What are the odds any of these guys are held accountable?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mdemone posted:

Get The gently caress In

GJ mats are all I ever wanted from impeachment because death is nothing compared to vindication

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1178830299029016578

indeed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mercury Ballistic posted:

So what is the actual crime Barr may have committed with all this sneaking around overseas? Serious question, it looks sketchy as hell, but is it a crime?

i mean he is trying to undermine the US intelligence/security apperatus and dig up secrets on us from other countries.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Mercury Ballistic posted:

I don't think that Barr's activity in this instance was criminal, just a flagrant slap in the face to the idea that the DOJ should be apolitical. As someone on twitter pointed out, back in the before times of 2016, it was hugely scandalous that Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch had a private conversation on an airplane

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

The only problem is that it gives his enablers more fodder to poke holes in. I'm honestly awestruck (and terrified) how efficient conservative media is at spinning a bullshit narrative and getting everyone else to follow suit.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
The president is coming to Minneapolis. Don’t expect a warm welcome from city officials.
bizjournals.com/Sep 27, 2019
'“Under ordinary circumstances, it would be an honor to welcome a sitting President of the United States to Minneapolis and to showcase all our city has to offer on the national stage. But these aren’t ordinary circumstances,” Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said in a statement released shortly after the rally was announced.'

A new Senate report is the latest threat to NRA’s tax-exempt status — and maybe its survival
vox.com/September 28, 2019
"Some experts believe if the NRA loses its tax-exempt status, it will be forced to shut down.

Leaders of the National Rifle Association (NRA) traveled to Moscow using NRA funds, according to a new Senate report, raising the question of whether the organization broke laws governing nonprofit spending. If the association did in fact break those laws, it could lose its tax-exempt status — and according to a former IRS official, without its tax-exempt status the NRA could be forced to shut down."

Austrian elections: support for far-right collapses
theguardian.com/29 Sep 2019
"Support for Austria’s Freedom party (FPÖ) has plunged by more than a third as voters punished the far-right group in national elections for a corruption scandal that brought down the government."

Fresh wave of climate strikes takes place around the world
theguardian.com/27 Sep 2019
"Hundreds of thousands hit streets across continents to demand action on climate"

Teen girls strike for global action on climate change
nbcnews.com/Sept. 15, 2019
"“The world is watching us,” said Isabelle Axelsson, 18, who has skipped class weekly to march with Fridays for Future in Stockholm."

Greta Thunberg meets Trudeau, tells him he's not doing enough to fight climate change
cbc.ca/Sep 27, 2019
"Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg told Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau today he's not doing enough to protect the environment from the threat of runaway climate change."

Irish far-right National Party leader doused with milkshake during event in Galway
irishpost.com/September 30, 2019
"The National Party opposes immigration and abortion rights and seeks to reform the Irish criminal justice system and introduce the death penalty to Ireland.

Members of the party dispersed after a milkshake was thrown at Mr Barrett, who is the leader of the National Party."

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I wish there weren’t so many crimes tbh, the average American doesn’t want to believe the president can do so many crimes at once and the media can’t focus on particular crime with 3 new ones popping up each day. At least these are all related to 2016 poo poo but I’m just waiting for an inconvenient story about trump jr murdering a bunch of rare koala bears or some poo poo to gently caress it all up

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

CHEF!!! posted:

gone already?
e: oh it just didn't embed, weird

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

mdemone posted:

Get The gently caress In

I really really want the right to have to explain why you shouldn’t impeach a president for perjury.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

nachos posted:

I wish there weren’t so many crimes tbh, the average American doesn’t want to believe the president can do so many crimes at once and the media can’t focus on particular crime with 3 new ones popping up each day. At least these are all related to 2016 poo poo but I’m just waiting for an inconvenient story about trump jr murdering a bunch of rare koala bears or some poo poo to gently caress it all up

USPOL Fall: I wish there weren't so many crimes

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/pwnallthethings/status/1178829541034352640?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

nachos posted:

I wish there weren’t so many crimes tbh, the average American doesn’t want to believe the president can do so many crimes at once and the media can’t focus on particular crime with 3 new ones popping up each day.

Ugh, this is why I can't talk about politics with my family; I sound like Mulder or Dib or pick your favorite guy with pushpins and strings on a corkboard. No really, dumb as it sounds all of this poo poo is heavily documented as an actual thing.

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 1, 2019