Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Wasn't even close to what Raven did, I agree!

Seriously, though, Tyra winning S2 is what made me go "eh, not the show for me, it's clearly rewarding drama and looks over actual performance." Which, duh, I know.

Also, there was so much mayonnaise on the lens that it caused aortic sclerosis. The first couple seasons are hard to watch.

I straight up cannot watch the first season, it’s literally unwatchable to me because I feel like I’m wearing someone else’s glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
One of the Dragula queens has a hat that says "BLEAT" in impact font for their workroom look which is fine but if they move their head to ANY angle I read it as "BI FAT" which I assume is like gay fat, but slightly less judgmental.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
(Dragula Spoilers for like, weeks from now, because time doesn't work right anymore)

GOODBYE Hallow. I'm sorry nobody let you wear your frozen used tampon dress but going on a another goddamn rant about how menstruation is what makes women women and single-handedly ruining your whole post-binary gender thing while ignoring transwomen was a disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpy75q2DDow

Behind Maslow
Apr 11, 2008

angerbeet posted:

(Dragula Spoilers for like, weeks from now, because time doesn't work right anymore)

GOODBYE Hallow. I'm sorry nobody let you wear your frozen used tampon dress but going on a another goddamn rant about how menstruation is what makes women women and single-handedly ruining your whole post-binary gender thing while ignoring transwomen was a disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpy75q2DDow

I was beyond happy to see them go. It's unfortunate that they are the personification of Tumblr and Reddit. Every time they opened their gaping maw and more self righteous vomit clogged my ear drums, I wanted them gone more and more. The baby rant finally broke me and I watched Fox news for like half an hour.

They're pleasant to look at, not to listen to.

Landon better make top 3 tho.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Behind Maslow posted:

I was beyond happy to see them go. It's unfortunate that they are the personification of Tumblr and Reddit. Every time they opened their gaping maw and more self righteous vomit clogged my ear drums, I wanted them gone more and more. The baby rant finally broke me and I watched Fox news for like half an hour.

:chloe:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Behind Maslow posted:

Landon was great but I agree with the Boulets that crawling was a bad idea. That costume was so well executed but if you can't see it, what's the point. I wasn't jazzed about the Night Elf thing from the previous episode either, it's like "yes I guess that is the box art from WoW but male" and I wasn't living for it.

Did you have a point?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Even if you don't like Race Chaser, catch today's episode of Hot Goss where Drelta Delta tells her side of the story.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

So I just started Dragula S3, I'm 22mins in and I already find Hollow Eve unbearable.

Behind Maslow
Apr 11, 2008

[quote="angerbeet" post="498452846"]
Landon was great but I agree with the Boulets that crawling was a bad idea. That costume was so well executed but if you can't see it, what's the point. I wasn't jazzed about the Night Elf thing from the previous episode either, it's like "yes I guess that is the box art from WoW but male" and I wasn't living for it.

Yeah, I completely agree. Nightelf was executed well, but was just box art. He should have known that crawling on the floor was a bad idea after the Boulets read Frankie Doom in season 1 for something similar.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I dunno, race chaser is pretty hard to put up with nowadays

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ICHIBAHN posted:

I dunno, race chaser is pretty hard to put up with nowadays

I don't post here much but i just popped in to say that even if you don't like Hot Goss this episode was essential listening. It's one long interview with Delta Work in which they discuss how her name was removed from this years Emmy nomination and how World of Wonder have mistreated her and other past employees *cough*Mathu Anderson*cough*.

The whole thing stays on topic and covers a lot of important ground.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Neutch

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

can somebody give me the cleff notes

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I can C+P one from reddit

quote:

This was really interesting. Some thoughts:

Delta somewhat admits her wigs were a little crunchy on TV. She thought she did great work when she was there, but realized it didn't look as great a year later on TV, and she kinda learned from that. I appreciate self-awareness.

Delta had the (unspoken?) option to buy new wigs and potentially try new styles. She apparently did that once (?) and they reimbursed her. She didn't do it often because I guess she didn't want to rock the boat? Apparently Mathu brought in his own wigs because the crap they have on deck was well, crap. She says Ru approved all the wigs, which is to be expected since they ultimately sit on her head, but like... try out new things? I guess Mathu was more comfortable with experimenting because he had worked with Ru for so long.

Delta is... idealistic? She bought the whole "we're a big happy family" line loads of corporations like to use. Idk if it's a generational thing or maybe I'm just a jaded bitch, but I feel like everyone should really know better in this late-stage capitalistic bloated corpse of a society we live in. Companies only care about their bottom line. Everyone is expendable. That's it.

Delta thinks she was canned because of a somewhat poorly-timed joke she made to an angry Ru about him "never doing anything himself." Maybe that was it, but idk, I think she's discounting how loud the fans have been about her wig styles these past three (four? five? there are so many, who knows anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) seasons. WoW reads this poo poo, and they probably knew how the people felt about her hair, and that factored into their decision to give her the boot.

Everything else was pretty much stuff we already knew. She was invited to do AJ but she didn't want to do hair for anyone but Ru because she isn't certified. She also didn't want to join the union. They found someone else, who I guess is certified and union. They used him for RPDRUK and ultimately decided to use him going forward.

Alaska was hilariously quiet throughout this entire interview. She's a really interesting character. I bet she knows this interview will piss WoW off, and she doesn't want to seem too involved because she wants to maintain her relationship with WoW.

Basically, Delta quite literally bought into the 'Mama Ru' persona hook, line, and sinker. But that's just what it is, a persona, which is perfectly fine IMO. I kinda feel bad for her and I hope she finds success.

It'd be nice if they could get Raven. That's who I'd really love to hear from about all this, but like Alaska, she'll probably never be caught on a mic saying a bad word about WoW and Ru.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

angerbeet posted:

She also didn't want to join the union

Hope the scab never finds work again tbh

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

big black turnout posted:

I kind of want to work as Ru's wigline blurrer, just sitting there, blurring out the wigline

whoever they go to do Ru's hair for Drag Race UK is much better and I guess taking over that role for the 19 spin offs we're getting now

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Berzerker posted:

can somebody give me the cleff notes

tbh i just wanted someone to do the alaska alyssa bit with me. but thank you also.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Berzerker posted:

tbh i just wanted someone to do the alaska alyssa bit with me. but thank you also.

Alaska stole Mimi's Gold Chair?

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

angerbeet posted:

I can C+P one from reddit

Thank you for that.

I wonder how Mathu was wronged.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

big black turnout posted:

I agree with this sentiment wrt unions in general, but Delta kind of backed up into the career. She didn't want to join the union because she couldn't afford $5k dues/getting re-certified as a hairdresser. I'm pretty sympathetic to that reasoning; don't think she's against unions as a thing.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

I gotta say after rewatching Dragula 1 and 2, the looks this season are... kind of underwhelming for me. Maybe the challenges are less inspired and the contestant output reflects that, but after season 2 with the sci-fi and wasteland challenges, it's kind of like... eh. They've got a lot of good gets as guest judges but I'm not even too worried about the update schedule on Amazon because it's very "I'll get to it when I get to it"

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Delta came across as extremely toxic in that interview and it was lovely of her friends to let her commit professional suicide like that.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She's the worst, probably. Didn't listen.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I agree that Delta did not come across well on the podcast, but she's obviously coming from a place of deep hurt, so I just turned it off and tried to put it out of my mind. I hope she will ultimately be okay.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

RICKON WALNUTSBANE posted:

Delta came across as extremely toxic in that interview and it was lovely of her friends to let her commit professional suicide like that.

I would say hurt more than toxic, but I agree.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

ICHIBAHN posted:

She's the worst, probably. Didn't listen.

I felt bad for her but she was inflexible. I don't believe for a second that she would have felt better about the situation if someone had said "we decided to go another way" to her like she claimed. Listen to that podcast and ask yourself if you would want to hire that person or work with that person. It's the sort of venting you do to your friends, not in public on social media.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Jr. posted:

I gotta say after rewatching Dragula 1 and 2, the looks this season are... kind of underwhelming for me. Maybe the challenges are less inspired and the contestant output reflects that, but after season 2 with the sci-fi and wasteland challenges, it's kind of like... eh. They've got a lot of good gets as guest judges but I'm not even too worried about the update schedule on Amazon because it's very "I'll get to it when I get to it"

I disagree, but I think I'm inclined to prefer the Dragula looks to the Drag Race looks by default. I thought the (e5) trash makeup was some of the best stuff I've seen in the last several seasons of both shows combined. I should watch more Face Off though.

Henry Rollins as a guest judge on an reality TV show on Amazon, though, boy, we're a long way from TV Party, huh

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

He was a judge on Drag Race too!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Rollins and Ru are long time friends for reasons I don't care to remember.

I think there's an episode of him on that show where Ru drove celebrities around.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Season two! Clearly I can't remember him through all that vaseline.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Listening now, Drelta is so inarticulate, she should stick to Instagram. Boot.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She comes SO CLOSE to figuring it out, but then thinks it's because she's an Aquarius...

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I've been ruminating on Hollow not being able to use period blood (or even red) with all of the feminine hygiene products and I can't help but think it's kind of hosed up that it wasn't allowed but apparently Melissa's filth look first season was fine, albeit blurred. I know it's a television thing and not a Boulet or Dragula thing, but still. Vaginas are only allowed to bleed through violence :buddy:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Americans: Today Hulu added several seasons of RPDR to its streaming library. :) Check it out if you're subscribed!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I read the premiere date for druk wrong on Stan and made an angry public post when it wasn’t up on the 4th of September (instead of October) and they just replied to it today and I feel like a real dickhead

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Hug in a Can posted:

Americans: Today Hulu added several seasons of RPDR to its streaming library. :) Check it out if you're subscribed!

The first six seasons! It's been years since I've been able to watch Season 6, so I definitely started to dig into that today.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Hug in a Can posted:

Does it include Untucked?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, I'm watching Season 6 again and reminded of just how unfair it all was. From telling Milk to change, then kicking her out when she wasn't the worst and followed directions the week she did change for Darienne Lake to having this weird producer shade going on for Ben De La Creme and Michelle Visage basically coming for him every week with some new different bullshit that made no sense. Ugh. Also they were seriously trying to play Courtney Act as a villain for some of the competition and it was weird.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

tudabee posted:

I've been ruminating on Hollow not being able to use period blood (or even red) with all of the feminine hygiene products and I can't help but think it's kind of hosed up that it wasn't allowed but apparently Melissa's filth look first season was fine, albeit blurred. I know it's a television thing and not a Boulet or Dragula thing, but still. Vaginas are only allowed to bleed through violence :buddy:

Was she really not allowed to use just red on that dress? Melissa used fake blood, if Hollow wanted to use actual period blood, that's a biohazard and I can't not see it as medical waste. If that's what she was saving tampons and poo poo in the fridge for (freezers aren't airtight), it could just be a legal thing. Hollow in general seemed to have a thing for blood, which of course I'm not a part of the LGBT community but it seems like blood stuff is kinda yikes (not trying to offend and the contestants are probably up to date on testing for HIV/AIDS, but no one said so and assumptions are dangerous). What I thought was that the transgressive angle of "look at my period clots" took a backseat to "hey remember when the government watched people die by pretending this bloodbourne pathogen didn't exist, I'll pretend that too" and it almost seemed ignorant to me.

If I'm totally wrong or stomped some toes, please let me know, but that's my reaction. I've been watching a lot of documentaries so it's fresh on my mind. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Jr. posted:

Was she really not allowed to use just red on that dress? Melissa used fake blood, if Hollow wanted to use actual period blood, that's a biohazard and I can't not see it as medical waste. If that's what she was saving tampons and poo poo in the fridge for (freezers aren't airtight), it could just be a legal thing. Hollow in general seemed to have a thing for blood, which of course I'm not a part of the LGBT community but it seems like blood stuff is kinda yikes (not trying to offend and the contestants are probably up to date on testing for HIV/AIDS, but no one said so and assumptions are dangerous). What I thought was that the transgressive angle of "look at my period clots" took a backseat to "hey remember when the government watched people die by pretending this bloodbourne pathogen didn't exist, I'll pretend that too" and it almost seemed ignorant to me.

If I'm totally wrong or stomped some toes, please let me know, but that's my reaction. I've been watching a lot of documentaries so it's fresh on my mind. :shobon:

It seems it's some FCC (or whoever the TV overlords are in the US) rule that "feminine hygiene" products not be shown with the color red on them at all. Supposedly this was why Manila Luzon wasn't allowed to wear her pad dress on AS4, which had red fabric on it.