Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rare Magic card l00k posted:

holy poo poo mister anderson is still wrestling?

We'll find out shortly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It looks bad but in a way that will amuse me for a few episodes while I wait for Eddie Kingston and Homicide to talk.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Set looking better than I expected, and Homicide being Eddie Kingston's guest, means I'm giving at least the first week or two a watch

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dream team
https://twitter.com/BenTurpen/status/1178841775672348672?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hell yeah

https://twitter.com/BenTurpen/status/1178849949049610240

https://twitter.com/BenTurpen/status/1178850320388149248

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
This legit sounds incredible

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Midnightghoul posted:

This legit sounds incredible

Maybe not

https://twitter.com/BenTurpen/status/1178823542521110529?s=20

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

That was 65% the reason why it will be

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:aronrex:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How do you literally have both Tim and James Storm at a taping and don't do a father/son storyline

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Why does it look like they're filming in an Ikea showroom

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm way into that set

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bradzilla posted:

Why does it look like they're filming in an Ikea showroom

Because Ikea showrooms were patterned after 70s NWA sets, duh.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What in the world is this NWA thing?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm way into that set

That's good because it doesn't look like it has any exits

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
We were all so worried about WWE vs AEW that we didn't think to consider NWA as the true powerhouse

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

NWA appears to have turned the 1970's up to 11, and I'm fully okay with this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NWA

The Dawsons (Dave and Zane Dawson) defeat Billy Buck and Sal Rinauro
Eli Drake defeats Caleb Konley
NWA National champ James Storm promo interrupted by Jocephus, refs separate them
NWA tag champs The Wildcards (Thomas Latimer and Royce Isaacs) defeat a local team. Postmatch Wildcards promo interrupted by Eddie Kingston and Homicide
James Storm squashes Jocephus
Nick Aldis retains the NWA title over Tim Storm
Ricky Starks defeats Trevor Murdoch
Colt Cabana and Mr Anderson defeat a local team
NWA women's champ Allysin Kay defeats Ashley Vox
Wildcards defending the tag titles against Kingston and Homicide goes to no contest after the Dawsons attack. Postmatch Kingston challenges the Dawsons
Marti Belle defeats Crystal Rose
Konley defeats a local
The Dawsons defeat Tim Storm and Drake. Postmatch the Dawsons continue the attack until they're chased off by Kingston and Homicide
Murdoch defeats Jocephus in a match where if Murdoch won, he'd get an NWA contract
Vox defeats Marti, with Kay watching at ringside. Thunder Rosa comes out postmatch
The Dawsons defeat Kingston and Homicide in a no-DQ match that the Wildcards get involved in
Starks defeats Aron Stevens (fka :aronrex:)
Cabana, Anderson and Aldis defeat James Storm and the Wildcards. Cabana will get a future shot at James' National title

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
That show was fun as gently caress live, billy awkwardly shooting the poo poo in between episodes and all

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The best thing Billy could have done was full circle irony and made the show look as 1970's as possible just like Southpaw Regional Wrestling and it looks like he's doing pretty close to that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the twitter thing of posting pictures of a show you attended and calling them 'scoops' does my head in

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Scoop #69: they didn't have alcohol at the studio so I snuck pulls of pocket jim beam whenever they goosed the crowd up for re-joins

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Seams posted:

the twitter thing of posting pictures of a show you attended and calling them 'scoops' does my head in
If there's 200 people at a show and 1 person reports it, that's probably a scoop, but NXT is live now so who cares.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

How do you literally have both Tim and James Storm at a taping and don't do a father/son storyline

Because they've got like 2 years between them?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I feel like I remember seeing the guy that did live spoilers of NXT tapings was still tweeting “scoops” of the first live episode.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I feel like I remember seeing the guy that did live spoilers of NXT tapings was still tweeting “scoops” of the first live episode.

Just the dark matches and the broadcast stuff for people who couldn’t watch it internationally I think

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dacap posted:

Just the dark matches and the broadcast stuff for people who couldn’t watch it internationally I think

yeah even he thought it was weird and only kept doing it for people who cant watch NXT on the USA network

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

..Is there really only a crowd on one side of the ring at their show?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Molestationary Store posted:

..Is there really only a crowd on one side of the ring at their show?

wrestling crowds didnt exist in 1980

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/BenTurpen/status/1179181250403323909

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol that cornette got reduced to cosplay as himself 30 years ago

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Because they've got like 2 years between them?

Just lmao if you don't think Big Tim was fuckin at two

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Welp, there goes my excitement for this show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

lol that cornette got reduced to cosplay as himself 30 years ago

lol if you think that pretending it's 1989 isn't everything Jim wants

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/BenTurpen/status/1179214761990524929

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

If Jim didn't immediately attack them, then what's the point?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what happened to that guy who used to post real scoops on here. Come back to here.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

what happened to that guy who used to post real scoops on here. Come back to here.

Agree to disagree amigo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You're my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NWA

The Dawsons (Dave and Zane Dawson) defeat a local team. Postmatch the Dawsons' demand for a title shot is interrupted by #1 contenders Eddie Kingston and Homicide, who are willing to put their shots on the line to kick their asses again
Thunder Rosa defeats Ashley Vox. Postmatch Rosa continues the beatdown, Marti Belle makes the save. Allysin Kay comes down to confront Marti, Rosa attacks Kay and Marti helps double-team Kay after hesitating
Ricky Starks defeats Aron Stevens in 2 out of 3 falls, 2-0 (the first fall happening in seconds). :aronrex:
Colt Cabana defeats James Storm to win the NWA National title
Kingston and Homicide retain their tag title shots against the Dawsons, in a match where the Wildcards (Thomas Latimer and Royce Isaacs) and Rock N Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) brawled ringside after the Wildcards tried to interfere
Trevor Murdoch defeats Caleb Konley
Aron Stevens quits :aronrex:
Marti and Rosa defeat Crystal Rose and Brooklyn Creed
Cabana promo interrupted by Starks
The Question Mark defeats Dan Parker
The Wildcards retain the NWA tag titles against Kingston and Homicide. Nick Aldis was ringside. Postmatch most of the roster needs to get separated from a big pull-apart brawl, including both teams, Aldis and Murdoch, RnR and Dawsons, Mr Anderson and Eli Drake, Cabana and James Storm
Marti and Rosa defeat Vox and Kay after Melina comes out and distracts Kay. Postmatch Melina celebrates posing with Marti and Rosa
Rock N Roll Express want a tag title shot
Aldis defeats Murdoch
Starks vs Question Mark goes to no contest after Aron Stevens interferes. Cabana was on commentary. :aronrex:
Eli Drake attacks Mr. Anderson
Aron Stevens and Question Mark defeat Starks and Cabana
Rock N Roll Express defeat the Wildcards to win the NWA tag titles
Kay calls out Melina, gets blindsided and laid out by Marti and Rosa
Aron Stevens defeats Starks, with help from Question Mark, to earn a National title shot against Cabana. :aronrex:
James Storm defeats Mr Anderson and Eli Drake in a triple threat to earn a NWA title shot against Aldis