Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mediaphage posted:

Hmmmm. Out-of-date, outdated documents...where have I heard that before?

this poo poo is so brain genius.people don’t want the border back so i’ve the border away from the border qed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ThomasPaine posted:

Look i spoilered it and everything let me do my masochism in peace

It'd be less dangerous for your health & well-being if you just got someone to stand on your bollocks.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
brave Michael Fabricant, trying to wrestle the plans for the Irish border solution out of the dog's mouth before it swallows them. Oh no! Too late!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

forkboy84 posted:

It'd be less dangerous for your health & well-being if you just got someone to stand on your bollocks.

*ThomasPaine sends Tweetman a DM*

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CGI Stardust posted:

the plans for the Irish border solution
#bestiality

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/ODN/status/1178962307302481921?s=20

What's going on here?

Is it too :tinfoil: to think its because of a pending paternity test?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Irish border collie solution

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel like I'm in loving Groundhog Day here. Every 3 months the Tories bring up the same plan they had 3 months ago and the entire press shits itself while it forgets that they've ever heard this idea before. Can someone please just call them out on this bullshit cause it's so clear they've got absolutely loving nothing.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Irish border collie fluid

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Quoting cause I love border collies; no other reason

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Necrothatcher posted:

What's going on here?

It's some PR twat trying to micromanage what he looks like in photos to avoid any negative connotations (like holding a disposable cup would hurt his enviromental credentials) completely removed from the fact that what he says in interviews is making her job basically impossible.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
We want to avoid a hard border collie

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Necrothatcher posted:

What's going on here?

they're trying to pretend the tories are all eco-friendly, but of course all the out-dated fossils don't know and care so they just continue to use things like disposable coffee cups.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I wouldn't put too much stock in opinion polls of Corbyn the man. He as an individual has been absolutely monstered by the press and not everybody pays much attention beyond headlines and the general through line of the press coverage. Also when Corbyn the man is focused on in a more unfiltered setting by the general public he suddenly becomes a lot more reasonable in their eyes, so a leadership debate at a general election would probably do huge things for him as it did in 2015 and 2017 (So expect every pundit to suddenly go "They already do a leadership debate every week, it's called Prime Minister's Questions :smug:" as if that shitshow is ever highly watched, accurately reported on or remotely the same thing). Also remember these polls are done specifically to give you Pundit Brain and have you give answers not based on your personal opinion and wants but on giving an answer that best reflects the opinions they've been feeding you. The unpopular man is unpopular and should go even if I agree with him and he would be replaced with someone I don't personally agree with or even like but I think other people would like, Vote Joe Biden.

And Corbyn the man isn't as important as Corbyn the project. Ending austerity is popular and people want it, so much so that the Tories have gone from saying austerity is necessary to announcing it's over about five times now. A £10 minimum wage would be a disaster for the economy when Corbyn proposed it but now a £10.50 minimum wage is Tory policy, albeit delivered in the worst way. The base of Labour is massively energised and willing to go out and push for a labour government Vs a Tory base that looks like it's dying even at conference and all the energy has gone to Nigel Farage's party of Boomer meltdowns and the Lib Dems when confronted with the poo poo they've actually done can't help but come across as sociopathic weasels and Jo Swindon is absolutely going to lose her seat to the SNP when she can't go anywhere without being confronted on her record in the coalition.

Labour's biggest problem is Brexit and the surrounding culture war. An election fought on policy is a Labour win, no contest. An election fought on the back of Brexit would be a disaster because despite Labour having the most logical answer to Brexit, logic doesn't enter into a slapfight based on emotion and wanting your team to win. It's why Boris wants to crash out and then blame the fallout on everyone who's not him vs Jo Swindon who wants to wreck any opportunity Labour has to stop No Deal from happening. I'm quite willing to believe that Swindon wants No Deal so she can turn her party into the Join EU party, go into coalition with the Tories and deliver a Brexit deal that will utterly betray everyone who voted for her but put her back on the path to power and give her another opportunity to make "Hard decisions" that utterly gently caress over the poor and get herself a cushy job like Nick Clegg who's over in facebook making sure that politicians statements can't be called fake news in their new fact checking service.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Big tweet thread on the 'new' BoJo border proposals:

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1178760377678618626?s=20

(Hint: it's loving madness and will never be accepted and is technologically unfeasible and mad)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

What's going on here?

This has set "The Thick of It" trending.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cerv posted:

That’s a pretty weak objection that amounts to “don’t want” not “can’t”. It’s the party’s internal rules, not the law of the land. If they wanted to interpret it as applying only to a Labour government and not national unity government they it’s up to them to do so.

Otherwise the strict interpretation would mean Labour could never be the minority party in a coalition (not a position they want to be in but can’t rule out decline in the future).

And what exactly is the problem with that interpretation?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

(Hint: it's loving madness and will never be accepted and is technologically unfeasible and mad)

Yeah, head of Sinn Fein Mary Lou already said it would just install a hard border.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Junior G-man posted:

why don’t you want to make britain great again

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Necrothatcher posted:

What's going on here?

Just tell that girl that took it 'no brexits' and she'll take them straight off boris leaving him there uppp uppping in bewilderment before wandering off to do something else.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's most likely about avoiding stuff that can look 'not environmentally friendly'

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

HauntedRobot posted:

Do they... does this mean they have fire extinguishers on hand, outside parliament, that are get-to-able in the time it takes someone to cover themselves in fuel? I mean I'm glad for this guy if they do but the implications of that are loving dark, surely.
loving hell those are some dark implications. Unfortunately I both have a very dark sense of humor and no clue about what you asked, so I'm just going to assume it from now on.

Is this Michael hoping to become the next PM by training his hair to be like the BJ clown?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

bump_fn posted:

It's because I hate Britane and can't stop myself. I just wanna talk it down.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Junior G-man posted:

I was being serious earlier in that a network of positons over a 5-15 mile depth from the border is literally how the maginot line was laid out :v:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/JohnJCrace/status/1179026112585842689

Tories fightin Tories, apparently.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1179027912638500865

Rumour is he hosed a ship.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Rumour is he hosed a ship.

Makes a nice change from the usual payments for non-existing ships?

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Good.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

It's most likely about avoiding stuff that can look 'not environmentally friendly'

Tories run in red faced fists swinging and shouting "where's my national lounge?"

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

bump_fn posted:

did you see what happened last time?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

D. Ebdrup posted:

loving hell those are some dark implications. Unfortunately I both have a very dark sense of humor and no clue about what you asked, so I'm just going to assume it from now on.

Is this Michael hoping to become the next PM by training his hair to be like the BJ clown?

Copying Boris's hair is about the only notable thing about Fabricunt.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

*ThomasPaine sends Tweetman a DM*

:circlefap: beans up the backside is an antisemitic trope, typical labour racism, and furthermore :downswords: :circlefap:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

josh04 posted:

Dawn on the first day!

- 745 hours remain until Brexit -

jesus loving christ don't start with this poo poo again

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah, head of Sinn Fein Mary Lou already said it would just install a hard border.

It's a hard border without any of the scant advantages of a hard border (actually preventing smuggling); truly the worst of all possible solutions.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/1179028110274117638?s=20

lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The customs clearance center is a 16 inch gun battery, it can clear customs over a 20 mile radius.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ThomasPaine posted:

:circlefap: beans up the backside is an antisemitic trope, typical labour racism, and furthermore :downswords: :circlefap:

The centrism is coming from inside the thread!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

jesus loving christ don't start with this poo poo again

You've, uh, seen your avatar, right?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Where was that thread on Arcuri's far right connections again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm glad of the return of brexit moon tbh

I'm glad of it!