Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I love how much we Americans overestimate the size of the statue of liberty. Probably some symbolism in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Stickman posted:

I love how much we Americans overestimate the size of the statue of liberty. Probably some symbolism in that.

TBF it is on a Island so there isn't anything next to it to compare sizes at a casual glance.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

tokyo reject posted:

It just seems like once you have that level of money where it's actually, physically impossible to spend or withdraw or do really do anything besides move around to make more money, you'd be thinking at some point "gently caress, if this guy truly destabilizes our country and economy with his erratic behavior, he's gonna gently caress with my money."

When you have so much money that you're impervious to any kind of economic downturn short of capitalism itself failing, destabilization just looks like a chance for cheap investments. There is no downside.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

TBF it is on a Island so there isn't anything next to it to compare sizes at a casual glance.

classic power move, I do the same with my dick pics

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Punishment phase of Guyger trial is beginning

https://youtu.be/7C8vZramNkI

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

tokyo reject posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1179057401133174784

e: gently caress beaten with the wapo link, sorry

What're the odds the house puts their big boy pants on finally about this

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Stickman posted:

If poo poo happens I wonder how quickly Trump or the GOP president after Trump will tear it down

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

RBA Starblade posted:

Zero yet, read the past couple of pages

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

RBA Starblade posted:

So far all we've seen is talking a good game.

I'm hopeful, but it wouldn't bet on it.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 1, 2019

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tokyo reject posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1179057401133174784

e: gently caress beaten with the wapo link, sorry

Pretty sure this is the moment of truth, if they don't have him held in contempt and arrested for this then they are truly not going to do anything at all.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Stickman posted:

For the audience at home, the statue is 111' toe to crown. A 747 is about 65' tall to the top of it's tail.

I'm probably going on a watchlist for that post...

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Of which most will probably pull the level again for Trump/GOP in 2020 :q:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ghostbusters 2 has a lot to answer for.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Zapf Dingbat posted:

So how long is Not The Mama going to stay in Europe? You can't blame people a few days ago thinking he was going AWOL because what else are we supposed to make of hellworld?

Before the news came out that Barr was on a conspiracy theory mission to discredit 2016 Russian election interference, it struck me as really odd he was on a foreign trip.

Like, Attorney General is mostly a domestic position what's he doing in Italy?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/1179101138089644036

Seems like they're taking this pretty seriously.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
In the Guyger trial they're really talking about why she "failed" a polygraph test?

Really? They're pretending this poo poo is real?

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

I dunno, I feel like it should say something to the effect of "You'd better show up or we are throwing your rear end in jail".

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

DaveWoo posted:

They're not taking anything seriously until people are locked up behind bars. Don't give the democrat cowards any leeway or sympathy--they need to do their loving jobs.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

So basically if Pompeo folds his arms and says "Nobody's going, assholes" then he gets found guilty of obstructing justice?

What happens then? The Sergeant at Arms (who looks absolutely non-threatening TBQH) goes over to his office and gives him swirlies until he shows up?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

We are all loving dead

Like I have the steady realization that things are coming to a point and most likely I, and everyone I know, will be dead in a year and a half and the country embroiled in a war that makes Syria look like a silly slapfight

I really don't know if I can handle this anymore

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

DaveWoo posted:

That sure is one sternly worded letter.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Binary Badger posted:

So basically if Pompeo folds his arms and says "Nobody's going, assholes" then he gets found guilty of obstructing justice?

What happens then? The Sergeant at Arms (who looks absolutely non-threatening TBQH) goes over to his office and gives him swirlies until he shows up?

Pompeo isn't in the country and likely will never try to return.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

We are all loving dead

Like I have the steady realization that things are coming to a point and most likely I, and everyone I know, will be dead in a year and a half and the country embroiled in a war that makes Syria look like a silly slapfight

Take a deep breath. If nothing else realize corporations don't want a civil war and that means Republicans don't either

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Feldegast42 posted:

We are all loving dead

I think it might be time to log off and take a break, friend.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

It's certainly an interesting time to be alive.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Feldegast42 posted:

We are all loving dead

Lol the vast, vast majority of Americans are too lazy for a civil war my dude

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Feldegast42 posted:

We are all loving dead

Like do you think there will be internecine American combat? Civil war situation?

I don't think that. I think "climate change related border conflicts"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Feldegast42 posted:

We are all loving dead

Liberals control just about every major city even in red states, I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Google Butt posted:

Lol the vast, vast majority of Americans are too lazy for a civil war my dude

Ahem.

Rascal (scooter) cavalry!

Mount Up!

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

We are all loving dead

It's going to be okay.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Binary Badger posted:

Once they exhaust all possible variants of asking nicely, yes, Congress has the power to do that. This power has not been used in almost a century and it's unclear what will happen if they try to use it again.

Feldegast42 posted:

We are all loving dead

Disconnect for a while, you're nearing the LD50 of news. Whether or not you are paying attention will not affect future events. If anything really major happens the news will find you without any effort on your part.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Feldegast42 posted:

We are all loving dead

Hey friend, despite everything you read and see.. the sun is going to keep going down and coming back up every day. Each day is a chance to live a little bit better life, however you can find it. Log off and talk to some friends, enjoy the day, etc. poo poo gets difficult to deal with but we're all in it together.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

bird cooch posted:

It's going to be okay.

* for most people, anyway. For a subset of people it is going to continue to not be okay.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"Jacob, why are you a lying liar who lies?"

https://twitter.com/FordFischer/status/1179105510345396229?s=20

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

ImpAtom posted:

Take a deep breath. If nothing else realize corporations don't want a civil war and that means Republicans don't either

Tons and tons and tons of Republicans want a Civil War, and all the rich amoral psychopaths in the MIC are just as happy to profit off a domestic Civil War as they are off of all the foreign ones they've caused.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Once they exhaust all possible variants of asking nicely, yes, Congress has the power to do that. This power has not been used in almost a century and it's unclear what will happen if they try to use it again.

Which is probably part of the reason why they're reluctant to do so (although they should because outside of an impeachment trial going on in the Senate there doesn't seem to be any other way to compel people to obey subpoenas that they are ignoring)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Feldegast42 posted:

We are all loving dead

you forget an important thing

this is a bunch of old dudes and racist yahoos that make up a vocal third of the country, at best. there won't be a civil war as there is no leaders for it, america is huge. the military isn't on board with trump, the american identity is to ingrained in our culture for their to be some civil war coup into 8 more years of trump or whatever. the thread is hyperbolic at times in both directions but lmao, the worst thing that'll happen is there will be another federal government shut down and the states will shrug

like, this isn't an example of syria or other various states where they were already under an oppressive government and the various subcultures within were being stymied and cut off with plenty of outsiders stoking the flames or anything. even with racism in mind it's still americans all the way down, chill

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1179105679111528449

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

DandyLion posted:

Ahem.

Rascal (scooter) cavalry!

Mount Up!

CONCENTRATOOOOORS! MOUNT UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Prester Jane posted:

Tons and tons and tons of Republicans want a Civil War, and all the rich amoral psychopaths in the MIC are just as happy to profit off a domestic Civil War as they are off of all the foreign ones they've caused.

Um no civil war is a fringe idea that would make the average Republican poo poo their pants. The only ones who really think about it are fringe militia types. Which there are too many of, but not at all a significant amount.