Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
When Should Crazy Cloud be freed?
This poll is closed.
TODAY 238 25.21%
NOW 152 16.10%
YESTERDAY 207 21.93%
TIME DOESN'T EXIST 347 36.76%
Total: 641 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

That idiot cop who fired off a round while breakdancing in a club could've easily gone down for negligent homicide(had he been unlucky and actually killed someone), I guess that's a specific instance where it could happen with a gun related death.

yeah firing a gun into the air is a goood example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
lmao just imagine posting your opinion on a website just :lol:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Basebf555 posted:

That idiot cop who fired off a round while breakdancing in a club could've easily gone down for negligent homicide(had he been unlucky and actually killed someone), I guess that's a specific instance where it could happen with a gun related death.

aiming at a person removes the negligence part

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if you pull and brandish your weapon at someone you've already, in most places at least, committed a crime

do anything beyond that and you're looking at an instant felony, probably a serious one

these are automatic and guaranteed, your only hope is convincing the legal system that it was justified and no, you're not getting that weapon back

brandishing laws however are a hilarious clusterfuck of counter-intuitive regulations

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao

oh my god

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s what I said you have to rely on justification !!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If you get piss-rear end drunk and kill someone, that's murder

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Deceptive Thinker posted:

aiming at a person removes the negligence part

I'm aware of that yes. Just random posting thoughts here.

CSPAM moves so quickly that people see any post they can vaguely disagree with and assume you're trying to start an argument, it's annoying.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/raleigh-couple-drives-292-miles-6-days-a-week-to-maintain-wilmington-restaurant/

These people are dumb

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/GuyFieri/status/1179073142163230720?s=19

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I might have to go to this to get kicked out

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Basebf555 posted:

CSPAM moves so quickly that people see any post they can vaguely disagree with and assume you're trying to start an argument, it's annoying.

you think you're better than me?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

ASenileAnimal posted:

deep state fair

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

however, if someone drugs you and you do it, you may have a defense

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Basebf555 posted:

no u

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Lmao I forgot about redkahina after I stopped following her crazy rear end

https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/1179055389389791232?s=19

its a drone not a queen
:goonsay:

the Alien doc 'Memory' is pretty good and there's a part where they highlight the class conflicts on the Nostramo

namely that everyone could have survived if they'd just listened to the woman and blue collar workers and quarantine/freeze Kane (tho the second option would've handed the xeno to The Company)

but instead they let the company man Ash run the show

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Filthy Hans posted:

I watched a few eps when they were streamed on the Nite Crew page and didn't like a thing about it
It's not everyone's thing, but it's a sweet show with good characters and has some unique plotlines that I haven't seen handled on television before. Definitely aimed at teenagers but a lot of themes or coy jokes for adults.

Epic High Five posted:

if you pull and brandish your weapon at someone you've already, in most places at least, committed a crime

do anything beyond that and you're looking at an instant felony, probably a serious one

these are automatic and guaranteed, your only hope is convincing the legal system that it was justified and no, you're not getting that weapon back

brandishing laws however are a hilarious clusterfuck of counter-intuitive regulations
It's a lot of "how do I point a gun at anyone I want but make it so they can never point one at me?"

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

who's arguing for "it's impossible to tell"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

that’s what I said you have to rely on justification !!!

I know but I do firearms instruction informally to people who are interested in joining me and that's one of the deprogramming things I have to say if they say they're interested in CCW because gun culture in this country is so profoundly hosed that a lot of people don't know the stakes until they're already deep in it

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

colachute posted:

now if I gently caress this model

and she just bleached her rear end in a top hat

if I get bleach on my t shirt

imma feel like an rear end in a top hat

go to brown town or gtfo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

yeah but that’s a weird thing where your intention is a fiction created by the law

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Basebf555 posted:

Yeah that's negligence

First rule of gun safety: don't point it at something you do not intend to kill

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

I know but I do firearms instruction informally to people who are interested in joining me and that's one of the deprogramming things I have to say if they say they're interested in CCW because gun culture in this country is so profoundly hosed that a lot of people don't know the stakes until they're already deep in it

oh yeah

aiming and pulling the trigger is attempted murder just by itself

if the gun misfired or you miss or whatever

25 years

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Chokes McGee posted:

maybe you should've had your monitor on

that was uncalled for

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FLUNO!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

those dumbasses that shot and killed that dude earlier this week because they thought he was a deer shoudl get murder, too. unless that guy was literally wearing deer skin but even then gently caress em

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

trump's transcendent ability to make poo poo up comes through again

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1179120327101685760

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

fluno

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
An interesting thing to note is that Biden is just as touchy with men as with women. The VP has actually kissed my head before.

resetera

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

those dumbasses that shot and killed that dude earlier this week because they thought he was a deer shoudl get murder, too. unless that guy was literally wearing deer skin but even then gently caress em

“”””””””””hunting accidents”””””””””””” aren’t prosecuted

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

This is scary accurate.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
OK but what about this...say your are an executioner and you have to do your job but you accidentally execute the wrong person due to no negligence of your own?

is that murder???

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Everytime I hear about an accidental gun death in a home and there's not a 100% clear cut freak accident description provided I just assume someone is covering up a suicide, murder, or negligence that might as well be murder.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

euphronius posted:

“”””””””””hunting accidents”””””””””””” aren’t prosecuted

how about fishing accidents

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol the whole Joker movie is self-insert fantasy

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1179111358052352001

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Unperson_47 posted:

precedent states that if you shoot someone while hunting nothing happens but the person you shot should apologize for you shooting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

grabbing some cold brewskis to bring to the tailgate party before the big politics fight