Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this may not be what you're looking for, but have you considered A Song of Mogg and Bojo, by George R. R. Brexit?

I still remember when he promised he'd be done by end of the year. I don't remember which year it was though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

“The EU is not considering this option at all,” a European Commission spokesman said. “We are waiting for the U.K. to come forward with a legally operational solution that meets all the objectives of the backstop.” An Irish government spokesman said it hadn’t been discussed.

So which is it

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Technically, the UK is still an EU Government.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
tick tock, lol

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i don't know anything about the eu but i imagine there's some guy there who got hired to stand guard over a big round button marked "BREXIT" and when they're given the go (at last sign that the uk will fail to comprehend what brexit is) to push it. then all the preparations the eu has been making over the past years to ensure that uk is violently separated from the eu will take place at once. sirens blare as the earth quakes and a 40 foot wall is erected around england, wales and northern ireland (scotland has already made a surreptitious agreement via back channels to separate from the uk)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1179138939933921281

isnt it also the first offer? im sure the the eu will agree to these great ?negotiation? conditions

poty has issued a correction as of 22:06 on Oct 1, 2019

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1179141097903316993

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

full thing lol

https://twitter.com/EssexCanning/status/1179055943381860352

e:

https://twitter.com/ted_pen/status/1179142537988186112

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

having a STEM degree doesn't mean you got an education

#shitphilosophymajorssay

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Have you considered not being tory scum?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Rodatose posted:

i don't know anything about the eu but i imagine there's some guy there who got hired to stand guard over a big round button marked "BREXIT" and when they're given the go (at last sign that the uk will fail to comprehend what brexit is) to push it. then all the preparations the eu has been making over the past years to ensure that uk is violently separated from the eu will take place at once. sirens blare as the earth quakes and a 40 foot wall is erected around england, wales and northern ireland (scotland has already made a surreptitious agreement via back channels to separate from the uk)

You're joking but that's basically correct, if brexit is no deal then it will organically suck anyway but the EU will actively try to make it worse for a year or two at least because mafia logic, use the UK as a warning to the others.

It was fascinating watching Guy Verhofstadt at the Lib Dem speech the other week explictly describe the EU as an imperialist project and all these amoral smooth-brains just clapping like seals at the idea and not even thinking about the countries not currently enveloped by the international empires he listed, like they were just completely dismissed as being non-agentic future colonies, it was the creepiest loving display. Literally burn the EU to the ground and build something better or admit that you love your imperialism as long as it's neoliberal woke.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Is Jake Gog-upon-Magog PM yet?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

still have to stop what i'm doing every now and again to fully appreciate that chuka umunna has "shadow foreign secretary" in his twitter bio

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Vitamin P posted:

You're joking but that's basically correct, if brexit is no deal then it will organically suck anyway but the EU will actively try to make it worse for a year or two at least because mafia logic, use the UK as a warning to the others.

It was fascinating watching Guy Verhofstadt at the Lib Dem speech the other week explictly describe the EU as an imperialist project and all these amoral smooth-brains just clapping like seals at the idea and not even thinking about the countries not currently enveloped by the international empires he listed, like they were just completely dismissed as being non-agentic future colonies, it was the creepiest loving display. Literally burn the EU to the ground and build something better or admit that you love your imperialism as long as it's neoliberal woke.

you dont think wrongdoing should be punished?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

[quote="Inexplicable Humblebrag" post="498767177"]
full thing lol

https://twitter.com/EssexCanning/status/1179055943381860352

This is Paul Joseph Watson with a different haircut. Change my mind.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vitamin P posted:

lol u mad

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1179138939933921281

isnt it also the first offer? im sure the the eu will agree to these great ?negotiation? conditions

Isn't this explicitly against Parliament's wishes? So, like... he's doing it, he just broke the law, right? I'm sorry, I'm a bit behind.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I love a good brexit and this is shaping up to be the best one ever.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I really really hope someone makes a brexit song based off of The Worst Witch's Halloween song

(assuming it still happens 31/10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6089Z_NgPk

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Rodatose posted:

Sort of correct, except the Big Red Button was Article 50 and the UK slammed it themselves. The rest of the EU were all "are you sure you want to press the button?" and the UK just mashed the X button through all the cutscenes.

Nobody in the EU really wants to see the UK leave, although the last few years of Brexit chaos are changing that. Because the UK is such a powerful member of the EU, the rest of the EU has been bending over backwards to ensure that Brexit is as painless as possible. The violent separation of no-deal isn't some malicious plan by the EU to humiliate the UK - it's the baseline position set out in Article 50, which was completely understood by the Tories when they triggered A50.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Spooky scary skeletons but all the skellymen are Jacob Rees-Moggs.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Vitamin P posted:

wow the UK is a French colony now, surprising development. sounds rough. today we celebrate... our independence day

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

wow the UK is a French colony now, surprising development. sounds rough. today we celebrate... our independence day

*William the Conqueror nods his head sagely*

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Which one of you is this

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Control Volume posted:

Which one of you is this

Vitamin P

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Which one of you is this

they mean “man” in the sense of humanity as a general thing

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Being told to gently caress off on the doorstep is actually pretty helpful, saves you from wasting time.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

skyrim references too real lookin for these oblivion-mod-faced tory n'wahs

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Ayn Randi posted:

skyrim references too real lookin for these oblivion-mod-faced tory n'wahs

I don't know, he looks like a milk-drinker to me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brexit

https://twitter.com/PeterRNeumann/status/1179268570007658496

https://twitter.com/PeterRNeumann/status/1179270977982783488

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good lord he's aged like 15 years in two months.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I hate how loving funny this poo poo is. We’re all going to die in a hilariously well written dark comedy..

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lol Boris's hair in that tweet reminds me of when bernie got a haircut for his candidacy announcement

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

we'll know that brexit was a real success when watchdogs 3 is cancelled "due to the tragic events in the UK"

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

alphabettitouretti posted:

Have you considered not being tory scum?

*calm hitler defending genocide comic*

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
perhaps, we all have a lot of growing up to do

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I was a bit confused by this but more clever people than me pointed it out in the replies:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

I use a Dark Mode extension for my browser and it fucks up on twitter image embeds so I get to see terrifying poo poo like this: