Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
When Should Crazy Cloud be freed?
This poll is closed.
TODAY 238 25.21%
NOW 152 16.10%
YESTERDAY 207 21.93%
TIME DOESN'T EXIST 347 36.76%
Total: 641 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

redneck nazgul posted:

if it happened during you know what?

at the dairy queen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
the jury wanted to say not guilty but they knew that black woodstock '99 was in town

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/AndreSomers/status/1179121748178022401

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

every time I think I have a good read on just how dumb trump is, he goes and says something even dumber

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Everytime I hear about an accidental gun death in a home and there's not a 100% clear cut freak accident description provided I just assume someone is covering up a suicide, murder, or negligence that might as well be murder.

Same for the classic "unintentional discharge while cleaning". Sure was getting that double barrel clean as a whistle and, impressively, using only his tongue and toes!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

mormonpartyboat posted:

because society doesn't know what it's doing when it comes to justice, but really likes to feel like it's doing Something

this is true, but the rough gradations of manslaughter through premeditated/particularly heinous murder work from both the standpoint of rehabilitation and punitive punishment

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
anti-bible action

read another book!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mustached Demon posted:

Intention matters

Murder gets two usually because there's "murder in the moment" and then there's "planning to create the moment to murder"

If that makes sense at all

I know why there are actual degrees, but I kind of disagree that intent matters, at least between murder 1 and 2. Regardless of whether you plotted it all out or did it in the spur of the moment, you still chose to end someone elses life.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

smarxist posted:

lol the whole Joker movie is self-insert fantasy

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1179111358052352001

https://twitter.com/fussybabybitch/status/1179130693227409408?s=21

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

didn't they also start using live ammunition too

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I have to make a phone call; here's hoping it'll be one of those perfect ones

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Zuckk

https://twitter.com/summerbrennan/status/1179014855061323777?s=19

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i feel like the actual suicide rate is 3-4x as much as is reported

there arent actually that many truly accidental deaths

the human body is remarkably resilient

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1178853559036780545

OoOOoOooOoooooOooo!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao what

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I know why there are actual degrees, but I kind of disagree that intent matters, at least between murder 1 and 2. Regardless of whether you plotted it all out or did it in the spur of the moment, you still chose to end someone elses life.

right, but one of them more likely to be part of someone's personality, whereas the other may only have been triggered by an unfortunate and rare circumstance combined with a bad reaction

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Iff warren beimg president meant facebook and co was dead id vote for her in a heartbeat

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Rah! posted:

i kinda wanted to see this movie

now i dont

lol nice job todd :sad:

Same actually. Like, don't they focus group this kind of viral marketing beforehand?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

CaptainBeefart posted:

I have an answer but still confused. Thanks.

yeah, that's the way it work it seems.
It's actually kind of funny cause after the most recent labor day everyone was saying "oh drat this is about him wearing white after labor day!" when they noticed the original post date. (he's wearing pink).

I always thought a friend of his originally posted it cause of his dumb sock tan lines but it turns out dude posted it himself about "having to do it to em".

So one can only assume he was doing it to em with this banging outfit in his mind.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

didn't they also start using live ammunition too

yeah

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mdemone posted:

lol, camel = shipping rope

hawser

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tacodaemon posted:

I have to make a phone call; here's hoping it'll be one of those perfect ones

just got off the phone from an imperfect phone call. they're taking me to jail now

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
this legal chat is like when buttcoiners wanted a system without all the stuffy ol' regulations and then slowly learned why those existed in the first place

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
what the gently caress does go to the mat mean? the laundromat?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

hahaha. being president is great! zap! Kapow! Who'd we get today?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

would watch CSPAM NIGHT CREW COURT

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im sure it'll all work itself out

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

Iff warren beimg president meant facebook and co was dead id vote for her in a heartbeat

get this: she would actually do absolutely nothing about it and be obama 2.0

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

call 1-800-69-C-SPAM now

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

legal chat just makes me tired and sad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

laws aren't real

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I'm tired

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

UFOTacoMan posted:

:trumppop:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TMMadman posted:

intention doesn’t matter between 1 and 2 traditionally

1 has baked into it a lot of common law nonsense “depraved heart” and “malice aforethought”

you can just get rid of 1 and 2 and have intentional homicide and have specific instructions for sentencing based on factors which incorporate the old m1 and m2 distinctions

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

UFOTacoMan posted:

there's already a gif of this with turdfuzz as bull

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

laws aren't real

:chaostrump:

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
tomorrow is my first day of work in almost a month and they're having me come in at 7 what the gently caress

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

smarxist posted:

lol the whole Joker movie is self-insert fantasy

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1179111358052352001

is Batman even in the Joker movie? If not, what kind of broke-brained poo poo is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Al! posted:

just got off the phone from an imperfect phone call. they're taking me to jail now
I didn't think they would take you to jail. If the President gets impeached for a perfect phone call, I can't imagine what they'd do for an imperfect one.