Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

So if I understand this right, Kong cloud and Steam cloud are separate, as are their respective local saves, so in order to move from one to the other we need to use the export feature and load the .txt file?

e.: the Steam version is sooo smooth! This poo poo's the velvet of idle games!

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What IS the most common monitor?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ineptitude posted:

What IS the most common monitor?

1080p60 (a whopping 62.9% on steam) is the most widespread in gaming communities, web browser game players are just barely on the 720p60 train a lot still use lower res than that! high end gaming is 1080p240, 1440p144 and 4k60. (the last number is the refreshrate) they all basically cap out the current highest display port specification.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

see how 1080 is going down and 1440 is going up? That change is monthly I believe. Pretty significant changes recently and they seem to center around the launch of the Ryzen 3000 series CPUs so I think people were waiting for that to drop to upgrade computers.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Congrats man. Just a heads up I saved and didn't appear to get 200 AP. I wasn't going to try this game on Flash or Kart, but all over Steam.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

something posted:

Also sorry for ignoring this thread i was running around responding to stuff about the steam launch but YES, it's out on steam! Any kind reviews you goons can toss onto the pile helps me out a lot <3

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

link is here

if you don't mind me asking, what do you get out of this? it's a free game, but do you get kickbacks from steam based on number of users or something?

i'm totally cool with someone who made a game getting some cash out of it, i just have no idea where it comes from and it looks like an absolute shitload of work to get the game to a Steamable state

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Like many idlers on kong/steam/mobile NGU is free to play but you can spend real money to buy premium currency that you can then spend on boosts or quality of life stuff and most of that money goes to the developer.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh cool that makes sense

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Congrats 4G

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU Steam: Are the Steam achievements supposed to have parity with the in-game achievements? If so, I'm missing a couple.

Also, in Steam the boss 200-301 achievement icons aren't red

e: otherwise fantastic job and I'm uninstalling kart and never looking back.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I have a Kong-related bug - my beautiful Christmas UI has disappeared.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't think that's a bug, 4G was going to remove it at some point.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Arcanum tip: there's a loving upgrade for having like 5 or maybe 10 Birdcages, just jam that poo poo out instantly it's a free max point of Nature Lore

(real Arcanum tip, the bug where you mouse over an item to bring its tooltip up, then hit Shift+# to assign it to a number hotkey, then spam that hotkey to make 1 of that item every time, yes this works on research and arcana and gems and everything)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

I have a Kong-related bug - my beautiful Christmas UI has disappeared.

4G told me I was the only person using it and it was garbage so he was removing it. I'm just as upset about the removal I even suggested requiring it be 12/25 to toggle it on and leave it as an easteregg

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

if you don't mind me asking, what do you get out of this? it's a free game, but do you get kickbacks from steam based on number of users or something?

i'm totally cool with someone who made a game getting some cash out of it, i just have no idea where it comes from and it looks like an absolute shitload of work to get the game to a Steamable state

4G posted his income numbers for the first 2 or 3 months after he released on Kong in the last thread. You'd be staggered just how many people buy premium currency stuff.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ive just loaded up NGU on steam.

It will auto save or i have to manual load?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

GrossMurpel posted:

4G posted his income numbers for the first 2 or 3 months after he released on Kong in the last thread. You'd be staggered just how many people buy premium currency stuff.

I dropped $5 earlier today because I wanted the 1/2 boost timer

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Fool posted:

I dropped $5 earlier today because I wanted the 1/2 boost timer

Oh hell yeah I'm not disparaging spending money in any way, I just didn't expect it to be as much as it was based on the amount of Kong users.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Arcanum tip: there's a loving upgrade for having like 5 or maybe 10 Birdcages, just jam that poo poo out instantly it's a free max point of Nature Lore

(real Arcanum tip, the bug where you mouse over an item to bring its tooltip up, then hit Shift+# to assign it to a number hotkey, then spam that hotkey to make 1 of that item every time, yes this works on research and arcana and gems and everything)

You must be on an old version because that doesn't work for me.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
You can also do one action assigned to multiple numbers, so you can jam on 1-5 and have them all Focus.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

You must be on an old version because that doesn't work for me.
yeah I think it got fixed today when it went up to 115

pelao
Apr 21, 2010

Merijn posted:

Congrats on Steam launch, 4g!

Incremental Adventures is anyone still playing this? I'm finally picking up some speed here, at PL6 right now. My build is a Warrior up front (armor tank) and 5 Rangers (max damage) behind him. The Kong chat is very adamant that a warrior with max health followed by 4 or 5 healers is better, which it is....but also extremely slow. Does anyone have any tips on faster builds?

Warrior (1 point in armour, the rest in damage) with the splash damage item, 5 pallies with the buff-everyone item.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Well, the sales on Steam today has outpaced even Kongregate which is... Wow. Wooooow.

It's been 15 hours of nonstop action from me, I'm POOPED

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Well deserved, 4G!

Just when I thought I was out...

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

something posted:

Well, the sales on Steam today has outpaced even Kongregate which is... Wow. Wooooow.

I'm sure you know, but there isn't any store bigger than Steam so this is probably the best money you will make on NGU. Don't spend it all at once. :) And also congrats.

Edit: Also you should make your next idle game with an RPG system of sorts, those games are always popular(see Arcanum) but usually half baked(also see Arcanum).

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 2, 2019

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Peachfart posted:

I'm sure you know, but there isn't any store bigger than Steam so this is probably the best money you will make on NGU. Don't spend it all at once. :) And also congrats.

Honestly iOS/App store sales can supposedly be pretty great for this kind of thing but ymmv

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Atoramos posted:

Honestly iOS/App store sales can supposedly be pretty great for this kind of thing but ymmv

Yep, but they would require a complete ui redesign likely and be more work. Also, offline drops.

I'd be so down though.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

something posted:

Sounds good.

I loaded up my normal save, and my magic wasnt assigned. Easy enough to fix myself. And its good seeing how muchb stuff costs in $ ranther than converting to kbucks

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

pelao posted:

Warrior (1 point in armour, the rest in damage) with the splash damage item, 5 pallies with the buff-everyone item.

How do I get the splash damage thing?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Haven't really paid attention to my Evil Boss Number yet since there has been no pressing need to get to boss 301 but now with Sadistic is out i figured i'd jump into that aaaaaaaand im not really sure how i can even get to #301.
Im over a month deep into this rebirth cycle so my number is as high as i can realistically get it yet i cap out at boss 277. That is with fruits, a full 24h of blackbar Wandoos XL, gold digger, all augs running the full 24h, on every rebirth. I have all related perks and also extensively trained attack/def hack, its taking 15 mins to get additional levels.
It was never a problem to get to 301 in Normal, just a matter of keep rebirthing and getting 4-5 more bosses per rebirth but that's not the case in evil. My last rebirth gave me 2x number. I must be overlooking something. I know people got to 301 in evil before the Sadistic patch so the new things should not be needed.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

Haven't really paid attention to my Evil Boss Number yet since there has been no pressing need to get to boss 301 but now with Sadistic is out i figured i'd jump into that aaaaaaaand im not really sure how i can even get to #301.
Im over a month deep into this rebirth cycle so my number is as high as i can realistically get it yet i cap out at boss 277. That is with fruits, a full 24h of blackbar Wandoos XL, gold digger, all augs running the full 24h, on every rebirth. I have all related perks and also extensively trained attack/def hack, its taking 15 mins to get additional levels.
It was never a problem to get to 301 in Normal, just a matter of keep rebirthing and getting 4-5 more bosses per rebirth but that's not the case in evil. My last rebirth gave me 2x number. I must be overlooking something. I know people got to 301 in evil before the Sadistic patch so the new things should not be needed.

Perks
Quirks
Hacks
Wishes
Digger
Rebirth more often to build bigger permanent beard and guffin numbers
Big Blood Number
Sink a couple billion exp into Attack/Defense boost

You also need exile v4 down to get into sadistic

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Arcanum, Ver.133: Potion users rejoice, as potions can now be used from the quickbar thus making them more useful by being less inconvenient.
Also the Spellcraft skill, which better have something good for the entry fee (5 Skillpoints)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

dipple posted:

Perks
Quirks
Hacks
Wishes
Digger
Rebirth more often to build bigger permanent beard and guffin numbers
Big Blood Number
Sink a couple billion exp into Attack/Defense boost

Yep, got all those, though little to no xp into attack/defense

dipple posted:

You also need exile v4 down to get into sadistic

gently caress...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

Yep, got all those, though little to no xp into attack/defense

gently caress...

4G uses new difficulties to get more people to end game they are brutal when they first come out. The requirements will improve with next patch and probably smooth out the early part in the one after that if it followed the same path evil did.

It's an even bigger step backwards then normal to evil as you'd expect. You wouldn't want to enter without Exile and rad land stuff.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

something posted:

Congrats 4g,

Now you can finally add mac support for kartridge

I love you dont hate me

magicalblender
Sep 29, 2007

Arcanuse posted:

Also the Spellcraft skill, which better have something good for the entry fee (5 Skillpoints)

I bought this and trained it up to level seven.

It does nothing at all, as far as I can tell. Maybe the actual content is coming in a later update?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Arcanum is great and I'm loving it, but would it kill the dev to include a changelog?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

SettingSun posted:

Arcanum is great and I'm loving it, but would it kill the dev to include a changelog?

Given that the version number has been going up like 20 per day it actually might.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

SettingSun posted:

They had one a few days ago. It was a week out of date and then it was removed so they could add a second Discord link :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dragonatrix posted:

They had one a few days ago. It was a week out of date and then it was removed so they could add a second Discord link :v:

Oh, did they get rid of the Patreon link then? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Can somebody help me parse the new modifier in NGU that you can pick up from Perks/Quirks relating to higher level quest items counting for more? The modifier states that the baseline bonus is 1+1per10levels and you can make it better, but wouldn't leveled quest items be worse than individual ones until the point that modifier reads "1+1perlevel" and beyond? Like, what's the game-plan for leveled quest items?