Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What does Sekiro mean in English anyway?

Like a Dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i just think it's kind of weird to deliberately categorize sekiro as a souls game when it was originally a tenchu game, hidetaka miyazaki said it wasn't going to be a souls game, and all the pre-release information about the game leading up to release was like "hey this isn't going to be a souls game", and then after doing so dock the thing points for "not having all these features which souls games are supposed to have"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jay Rust posted:

What does Sekiro mean in English anyway?

ahh "Little Toe" I believe

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

Unless it shits the bed I'm gonna end up liking Code Vein more than Bloodborne because the gameplay is 99% the same but it has estus instead of the lovely-rear end blood vial mechanic and I like edgy, sexy, sad anime vampires more than cthulhu werewolves

i mean just looking at your 20 deep list you know what you like and good for you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pokemon Sword and Shield has 18 gyms

:chanpop:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Infinitum posted:

Hell yeah

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

cheetah7071 posted:

Is Wilds Subnautica-esque?

Wilds is the one that's already out, right? But only on xbone and egs?

In common with Subnautica:
- Hand-crafted game world(s)
- Exploration
- Story told via logs
- Horrible fish monsters

Differences from Subnaitica:
- No crafting or upgrades to your gear, your own knowledge of the world is the "leveling up"
- No building
- No "weapons"
- Happens mostly above ground/in space

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The big thing about Outer Wilds is something a lot of people would rather not know going in, but: The world is on a scripted time loop like Majora's Mask, you have a short time in which to explore as much as you can and then you start over with new clues and knowledge that let you find different time-sensitive events and opportunities.. This is not something Subnautica has.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

judging the people without Judgement on their lists

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i still have to play yakuza 6, and i already played 3 other dang games in the series this year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

judging the people without Judgement on their lists

I just finished 0 I have a lot of series to get through

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of 2019 GOTY contenders is that Housemarqe Battle Royale coming out this year lol.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

I played a bunch of Cytus II on the plane yesterday, and that is a good game. I recommend turning the cymbal effect off though. Ruins your rhythm.

Cytus 2 is good, apparently Deemo is getting a remake and port for the Switch.

Cowcaster posted:

oh no i forgot from software was working with g. r. r. m. to make a videogame why would they do that

Part of what's so weird to me is GoT isn't even remotely big in Japan.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 1, 2019

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Untitled Goose Game is a documentary

https://twitter.com/BBCNottingham/status/1178964297772388352?s=09

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Speaking of 2019 GOTY contenders is that Housemarqe Battle Royale coming out this year lol.
i stopped getting emails about beta test weekends, so either it has already come out, will be coming out, or has been cancelled, and i'm not going to figure out which

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i signed up for the beta, installed the game, and then never bothered to pay attention to when the beta weekends were lol

i think apex legends dropping back in february utterly decimated the plans for housemarque’s hail mary throw unfortunately

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

There’s not enough poop for it to be a documentary.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just idly flipping through my steam list my top five games list of 2019 would be really all over the place because i only played about 5 games released in 2019 proper and one of them is katana zero which i just played for 10 seconds last night

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i haven't played Smite in a long time but i still follow them on twitter because i really really love all their character art and designs

https://twitter.com/SMITEGame/status/1179108871429935106?s=20

she is so pretty :allears:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So hey, there's something I've been working on that I think is at a shareable stage. March 2018 myself and another goon started developing a freestyle rap app. The original premise was there aren't any apps out there designed to help you learn to freestyle. So, we broke freestyling down to core needs- words that rhyme, staying on beat, and curated beats.

Fast forward to now, we've been turning this from a utility into a sort of rhythm game, like if Guitar Hero taught you to freestyle. We currently have a working beta at https://rap.coach. Our full launch is slated for early 2020 on iOS, Android and Steam as a free to play game.

things that aren't there yet that will be (hopefully) by the end of the year:
A scoring mode that gives you points based on being on beat and hitting rhyme words.
Daily/weekly challenges with streaks built into it.
a redesign of the game flow- as it is now, you choose a difficulty and some settings and then it just goes. In the future, you'll have different setup options followed by a breakdown at the end of how you did, and then return to a "cooldown" phase where you can change beats/topics
A simple "story mode" with stages
Reactive background visualizers

What you can do now:
Try out a bunch of beats and rhymes with a few settings tweaks
Record yourself and save your recording (you can use these recordings however you like so long as you don't edit out the watermark)
register an account with your gmail address (you have way more beats to choose from when registered)

We're working on this fulltime and it is 100% goonmade. Having more people in there to see what they do is a big help. Thanks for reading. :)

Here's the link again. https://rap.coach

Simple startup guide:
Go to the site and click "start rapping", followed by solo freestyle. Choose a difficulty and rhyme mode ( 'all rhymes' is a good starting place) At present rap coach chooses a beat for you, and generates a topic from our topic generator. You can change topics as you play by clicking the dice, or choose a different beat from the dropdown menu.

In game tips:
Words blink on beat. Start out by just saying the rhyme words to get yourself on beat, and fill in words around the rhyming words as you go. The line below the words expands on the count of each bar.

I don't wanna throw the thread off too much so if you want to talk to me about it more than saying "this sucks!" or "this is cool!" please message me. Hopefully it'll be worthy of its own thread in a few months!

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 1, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cowcaster posted:

just idly flipping through my steam list my top five games list of 2019 would be really all over the place because i only played about 5 games released in 2019 proper and one of them is katana zero which i just played for 10 seconds last night

put any games you played in 2019 on your list imo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah yes, sound of the summer 2019, daft punk’s “get lucky”

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Sleeping Dogs is game of the year, unless you're some sort of nerd that things that the game has to come out in the current year to be a contender, in which case Dusk and Pokemon Shield is GOTY.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
GOTYs are, in no particular order:

Devil May Cry 5
Judgment
Astral Chain
Sekiro
Risk of Rain 2
Red Dead Redemption 2
Probably Death Stranding, let's be real

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I think it's about time to replay Sekiro.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

It just needs a ride to the airport so it can get back to Canada.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it is illegal and permanently disqualifying to call a game that hasn't come out yet goty

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a rip a rap a bibbity bibbity bap

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

homeless snail posted:

it is illegal and permanently disqualifying to call a game that hasn't come out yet goty

I disagree, and for that I challenge you to a duel. Come meet me out behind the Arby's when my shift's over, bring your best deck or you're dead, fucker

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I've played enough rom hacks and fangames to know this is a very risky idea but sure why not

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

savage call out of the kojima fans itt

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you godless sodomites can lick your lips and roger each other in stairwells all you wish but as a good honest christian in order for a game to be considered game of the year it must have originally been released in that year

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if they were real kojima fans (like me) they wouldn't even know anything about death stranding, because kojima asked us nicely not to watch the freakin video!! but yall did anyway!!!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
what's the game of next year

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Trials of Mana and Tales of Arise for me

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't know what the next game of the year is, but the game of the year after that will be sticks and stones -albert einstein

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cheetah7071 posted:

*Keanu Reeves voice* CYBERPUUUUUNK

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Fortnite

100 degrees Calcium