Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

I mean when you say it that way, if just sounds stupid!

:lol:

Think about this: when he wanted to divert those military spending funds, this is what it was going to

:lol:

i'm immensely reminded of the border patrol scene with de niro murdering immigrants in machete

that's the kind of thing trump wants to participate in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

er

I feel like this would be big

on any normal week anyway, these days it's literally just Tuesday

dude i would be so excited if we get some concurrent impeachment inquiries going into Pompeo and Barr

let's do a first-time-in-US-history simultaneous impeachments

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

:smugdon:: Can you make this happen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaaWd1G8M9A

:goleft:: No Mr. Trump, that would be costly and consitute crimes against humanity.

:smugdon::Okay what about Aligators in an electrified moat?

:goleft:: *slowly leaves room in an uncomfortable fashion* :tif:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1179125816338386945

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Ague Proof posted:

Horrible, horrible. But a small part of me wants to see it so I'm filing it with nuking a hurricane.

I'm tired and I read this as "filling it [the moat] with a nuked hurricane".

Now that would be awesome. Especially with gators. Electrified alligator nuclear hurricane.
A SyFy production brought to you by POTUS.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beaten

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 1, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I chuckled.

edit: frankly I'm mad nobody took the opportunity to get Trump to push for alligator conservation funding in the Rio Grande Valley, it's a clear opportunity to get some environmental work done

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

sexpig by night posted:

yea this is a key part of the bitchmadeness, they worked very hard on their fancy little report and holding it back is downright immoral...

also the corruption, that's also bad, but mainly the lack of respect

Way to denigrate the whistleblowers

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Why? There's nothing more anybody can do to him that he isn't doing to himself.

Between this and her hurricane of corruption tweet, I'm starting to like her Twitter game.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

eke out posted:

dude i would be so excited if we get some concurrent impeachment inquiries going into Pompeo and Barr

let's do a first-time-in-US-history simultaneous impeachments

The refusal to comply with lawful congressional subpoenas is itself impeachable.

Jail the motherfuckers, then impeach them.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

sexpig by night posted:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, I knew they also reported to congress but I forgot if that was a 'real' thing or a more protocol kinda thing where congress wants to be kept up to speed and junk

Yeah, some 30-odd IGs are Senate confirmed and directly report their findings to Congress. Those 30ish IGs are also considered to have law enforcement powers and can have employees that are armed and have arrest powers, too!

Do note that a bunch of IG vacancies have not been filled recently, but I don't know which ones off the top of my head.

Steve Linick, the current State IG, was nominated by Obama in 2013 and was the FHFA (housing finance) IG before then. He has very little incentive to handle Pompeo with kid gloves.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ok sure all this stuff sounds bad but have you stopped to consider...

Benghazi

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol imagine if Hillary Clinton has instructed State officials to ignore congressional subpoenas and threatened them if they didn't when she was SoS

just loooool

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Dammerung posted:

Between this and her hurricane of corruption tweet, I'm starting to like her Twitter game.

Psst... She has staff tweet for her.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Dammerung posted:

Dude she got beat by a guy who tweets boomer memes, verbatim quotes from Fox News, and occasionally just “China” in all-caps. Classic Twitter game.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Because poo poo splatters.

Also he's absolutely the type to press charges.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know we're laughing at the alligator/moat stuff, but let's not overlook the part where Trump literally suggested they SHOOT MIGRANTS IN THE LEGS to keep them from coming over the border. That's seriously hosed up.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I mean... sure?

It's not like it's crazy to pay someone to do things you suck at.

Her tweets are kind of funny. I do still wish she'd return to the outback for the remainder of the election cycle though.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

eke out posted:

i'm waiting for confirmation on this one because i don't really trust this guy, but he's also broken actual stories in the past

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1179156640760659968
https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1179157546608689152

Uh, if this pans out, that'd explain why the State IG is rushing and calling his testimony urgent.

Holy crap.

The Lemondrop Dandy fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 1, 2019

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

eke out posted:

i'm waiting for confirmation on this one because i don't really trust this guy, but he's also broken actual stories in the past

Pompeo is going to prison based on this alone.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This being the case I'm gonna want some more sourcing before I go attempting to beat anyone over the head with this one.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rabble posted:

Not based on tweets of dubious provenance.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Mendrian posted:

I mean... sure?

It's not like it's crazy to pay someone to do things you suck at.

Her tweets are kind of funny. I do still wish she'd return to the outback for the remainder of the election cycle though.

Can you name an example? Some sort of prominent government official who shouldn't be allowed to run their own Twitter account?

Where's he been anyways? He hasn't tweeted any insane bullshit relating to crooked dems or whistleblowers since early this morning.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Graham is loving losing it.

Seriously, why hasn't anyone punched this man yet

Someone light the Rand Paul's Neighbor signal

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

sexpig by night posted:

one thing we can at least count on, your average government employee tends to be either a Miller/Pompeo style bloodthirsty sociopath who would shoot his own mother in the face to get a small title promotion, or a DEEPLY bitchmade decorum humper who thinks that ~the honor of the office~ is the most important thing, and thankfully that second group finds Trump disgusting.

Just gonna slot myself into the unspoken "not like the other girls average government employee" category but also throw in that this spring every government employee had to watch Trump attempt to use their financial misery as a bargaining chip for his almighty Wall.

Everyone gets vindictive when paychecks don't show up.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Huh, so spending years making GBS threads all over the intelligence agencies and gutting the state department didn't engender loyalty and compliance in those agencies. Who could possibly have known?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

eke out posted:

Coupled with Pompeo's ridiculous letter today, this is pretty loving gross/funny/sick/amazing/awful.

Just a real head spinner.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Hoooooo boy

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1179167046703161344?s=20

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shifty Pony posted:

Just gonna slot myself into the unspoken "not like the other girls average government employee" category but also throw in that this spring every government employee had to watch Trump attempt to use their financial misery as a bargaining chip for his almighty Wall.

Everyone gets vindictive when paychecks don't show up.

:3: I'm gently ribbing fed employees but you're important and do important work.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I assume that they communicate their intentions and that she has some say in what they go with.

WeaponX posted:

Dude she got beat by a guy who tweets boomer memes, verbatim quotes from Fox News, and occasionally just “China” in all-caps. Classic Twitter game.

By this logic, we can conclude that Dril and Krang T. Nelson also don't have any Twitter game, because of their lack of political success.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Rabble posted:

They're going full Unitary Executive. This is the push for 'the president is above the law and only he can get rid of cabinet members.'

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
So the IG just summoned up EIGHT committees immediately, for some big development at the Dept of State.

This is either going to be: Pompeo threatening staffers who cooperate with congress, or something related to Ukraine surrendering.

Either way, big bomb dropping tomorrow (that we may/may not hear details on) and an exceedingly high likelihood that Pompeo is hosed.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Yeah, some 30-odd IGs are Senate confirmed and directly report their findings to Congress. Those 30ish IGs are also considered to have law enforcement powers and can have employees that are armed and have arrest powers, too!

Do note that a bunch of IG vacancies have not been filled recently, but I don't know which ones off the top of my head.

Steve Linick, the current State IG, was nominated by Obama in 2013 and was the FHFA (housing finance) IG before then. He has very little incentive to handle Pompeo with kid gloves.

Just to add on to igchat: For people interested in a primer on the role and structural position of IGs, CIGIE’s website is a good resource (they are essentially a coalition of almost all the IGs in the us govt). https://ignet.gov/content/about-igs

Amazingly IGs have retained a very high degree of political independence. I wouldn’t be surprised if after the IGs rip this admin apart the next set of authoritarians will do their best to neuter or dismantle them. I’m sure soon we’re going to see a lot of yelling about them being Obama-appointed political hacks and try to make people question their independence.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1179097164431216640?s=19

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Jesus Christ, Tuesday, leave something for Wednesday.

other than the IGpocalypse main event, I mean

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Not only is it always projection, it's exponential.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I have literally no idea what teh gently caress is going on anymore. I don't even know what an IG really is.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

OAquinas posted:

something related to Ukraine surrendering.

I don't think the IG would really have any role in this scenario, from my understanding of how it works.

an urgent briefing on the political situation re: the ukraine/russia conflict would be from an under secretary or assistant secretary or something, not from an investigative watchdog whose job is purely internal affairs of the state department

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nice. I love how these assholes just keep having a cascading collapse because they have no solid ground under them and all the systems they use are either breaking or turning on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Nice. I love how these assholes just keep having a cascading collapse because they have no solid ground under them and all the systems they use are either breaking or turning on them.

that is because they replaced the solid ground with a snake moat