Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

I think that's the one! that name messes up with the search system of basically all reader sites. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
new shuumatsu no valkyrie by a speed scanner who is honest about never doing it again in a note before the chapter starts. this is going to be a fun fight

https://mangadex.org/chapter/718989/2

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love Jack's dumb steampunk outfit, right down to random gears on his hat and monocle.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
“Your next line will be ‘Jack I’ve finally triumphed over your deceit!’”

“Jack I’ve finally triumphed over your deceit.......nani?!!!”

I love fights like these and that arthur conan doyle is in the greek chorus. Also top tier crazy faces. Hell yes to everything

E: this might be double KO, i could see the only bait getting hercules into a fatal trap being Jack himself

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This is so stupid. I love it. The Mangaka is amazing at building hype

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

New Franken Fran out https://mangadex.org/chapter/720652
Its reveals how Ash Ketchum really became the Pokemon master.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Oh dang I totally forgot Franken Fran came back!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

last 4 chapters of Bakuon Rettou are finally out though we still gotta wait for someone to translate the afterword

https://mangadex.org/title/4534/bakuon-rettou

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Got a full volume of Voices of the dead
The ability to jump between unnerving setups and comedy payoffs will forever be the biggest strength of this series. Lil Slugger showing up to defuse the the hostage situation while the MC is tripping on drugs was amazing payoff for the setup.

Looking up to Magical Girls continues to be uncomfortable but I can't look away. Main character has been put on a bad path and I'm curious to see how this gets resolved.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Brought To You By posted:

Got a full volume of Voices of the dead
The ability to jump between unnerving setups and comedy payoffs will forever be the biggest strength of this series. Lil Slugger showing up to defuse the the hostage situation while the MC is tripping on drugs was amazing payoff for the setup.

Looking up to Magical Girls continues to be uncomfortable but I can't look away. Main character has been put on a bad path and I'm curious to see how this gets resolved.

I love that magical girl manga and hope we get several more chapters.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
"I love the manga where every chapter is a child getting sexually assaulted" is a big ol yikes

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
I'm glad the kid got a loving break for once. And free drugs

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

LibrarianCroaker posted:

"I love the manga where every chapter is a child getting sexually assaulted" is a big ol yikes

I find it way too ridiculous and over the top to take it seriously, but I get your point there.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The aggressor is a child too so it's fine. :v:

Seriously tho someone arrest the mascot.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I just binged through Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, which was like watching three final boss fights in a row. Amazing stuff. My guess as to the end of the current bout: Hercules will realize he wants humanity to survive right before Jack sticks the last nail in his coffin.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I hope (shuumetsu no valkyrie) Kojiro doesnt like die offscreen or anything. the part about not feeling so good after the fight was concerning.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

No Wave posted:

I hope (shuumetsu no valkyrie) Kojiro doesnt like die offscreen or anything. the part about not feeling so good after the fight was concerning.

:ssh:

I think he's already dead

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel bad for whatever poor Valkyrie had to bond with Jack the loving Ripper.

Also, this manga is loving wild. It's really dumb but I want to read more anyway. Some of the humans picked came completely out of left field, even if I can see the logic there (like Simo Hayha in particular).

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie is dumb, but hell if it isn't fun. If it took itself more seriously, it'd be intolerable.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie is dumb, but hell if it isn't fun. If it took itself more seriously, it'd be intolerable.

Exactly

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Supersonic Shine posted:

I just binged through Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, which was like watching three final boss fights in a row. Amazing stuff. My guess as to the end of the current bout: Hercules will realize he wants humanity to survive right before Jack sticks the last nail in his coffin.

Hercules said that he's opposed to ending humanity and will petition the gods to save humanity if he wins.

I suppose this brings up the obvious point that Brynhild is more about wrecking the gods than saving humanity. Good luck Geir!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
March Lion 164

Rei... :smith:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Also, this manga is loving wild. It's really dumb but I want to read more anyway. Some of the humans picked came completely out of left field, even if I can see the logic there (like Simo Hayha in particular).
The writer is playing so fast and loose with history and mythology that it's near impossible to figure out who's fighting who, but I think Simo going up against Apollo could be cool. The Greek god of the sun vs. the White Death who shrouded himself in the snow.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Supersonic Shine posted:

The writer is playing so fast and loose with history and mythology that it's near impossible to figure out who's fighting who, but I think Simo going up against Apollo could be cool. The Greek god of the sun vs. the White Death who shrouded himself in the snow.

Apollo was God of the Arts, Archery, and Medicine. Helios was the Sun God. Granted Apollo was also considered the God of Light and sometimes the Sun as well.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Supersonic Shine posted:

I'd be surprised if that isn't the match up given their respective weapons.

Personally, I'm just hoping for a Buddha/Raiden Tameemon sumo fight.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I have no idea how the gently caress they're going to include Buddha in a fight. It just seems weird, as he'd either be WAAAAAY over powered or a complete pacifist who just freely gave humanity the win. But yeah, the interpretations have definitely been over the top, so I'm far more interested than skeptical.
Edit: Though Shiva has the potential to be the most insane. He has some...interesting stories, to say the least.

Hiro Protagonist fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 4, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Serge Painsbourg posted:

It's one of those rare cases of a series knowing exactly what it wants to be and doesn't try to be any bigger than that.

I look forward to all insane fights that are to come. Jack the Ripper is already off to a great start with his giant scissors, steampunk and trap laying.

I'm somewhat disappointed Nicola Tesla isn't going to face Zeus the thunder god.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I have no idea how the gently caress they're going to include Buddha in a fight. It just seems weird, as he'd either be WAAAAAY over powered or a complete pacifist who just freely gave humanity the win. But yeah, the interpretations have definitely been over the top, so I'm far more interested than skeptical.
Edit: Though Shiva has the potential to be the most insane. He has some...interesting stories, to say the least.

There are some non combatants on the human side so im guessing it will be a battle of philosophy.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Qin Shi Huang might work. The autocratic, power-focused nature of legalism vs. the Buddhist doctrine of letting go of one's desires.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Is it going be a thing that most/all valkyries have a hidden side? Does valk chan just wanna see crazy fights? Or does she want to see all the gods kicked in the dick.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There are some non combatants on the human side so im guessing it will be a battle of philosophy.

In anime that poo poo doesn't matter. Tesla is probably gonna be in some lightning mecha*, or jojo-tier ripped with a science-based stand*, steampunk* ninja.(or all of the above)

*valkerie-fueled

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

last 4 chapters of Bakuon Rettou are finally out though we still gotta wait for someone to translate the afterword

https://mangadex.org/title/4534/bakuon-rettou

i liked it, a bit long though and maybe too many times a delinquent dies in the same way

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Hanebado continues to be a delightful series of very normal days

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Im glad the girls of Hanebado found a good wholesome sport such as badminton as an outlet because if they had discovered fencing or boxing or something there would be a loving bloodbath.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Reading the Hanebado manga only after watching the anime was a loving trip, let me tell you. I seem to be getting into the all-serious all-drama bit though.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Apparently the last chapter of it also published recently? at least, if mtl of the tweet is accurate:

https://twitter.com/gaburitsukimeet/status/1181048593500626945?s=20

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mindblast posted:

In anime that poo poo doesn't matter. Tesla is probably gonna be in some lightning mecha*, or jojo-tier ripped with a science-based stand*, steampunk* ninja.(or all of the above)

*valkerie-fueled

Why not both
Philosohpy sublimating into punches

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Have we talked Jank Runk Family in here because it owns

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
OUT chapter 151 is out and im really loving excited for 152

https://mangadex.org/chapter/724630

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

verbal enema posted:

Have we talked Jank Runk Family in here because it owns

i've mentioned it a couple of times and i think i ended up getting someone to read Worst instead lol