Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

You have my curiosity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

it's really fun

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

a7m2 posted:

it's really fun

Agreed but I was surprised at how short the game was.

However, I really enjoyed the game and if they add DLC such as new levels, that will be cool.

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

It looks like a Scientology recruitment video

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the mario & Luigi series devs announced bankruptcy and shuttered today

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Maybe microsoft will buy them and make paper marcus and dom

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

good

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

:(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I liked Paper Jam and it's kind of weird to see a dev that made exclusively Mario games for like 20 years go bankrupt at a time when Nintendo is selling a million Switches a day. i know they were third party but still. oh well

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I liked Paper Jam and it's kind of weird to see a dev that made exclusively Mario games for like 20 years go bankrupt at a time when Nintendo is selling a million Switches a day. i know they were third party but still. oh well

They got screwed, everyone else got on the Switch gravy train but they got commissioned to try to wring money out of the 3ds in 2019

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

They got screwed, everyone else got on the Switch gravy train but they got commissioned to try to wring money out of the 3ds in 2019
I forgot about that. A switch inside story would have done really well imo, poor fuckers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

drat. Apparently the recent remakes sold like poo poo. That sucks

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Was the superstar saga remake any good? Releasing it on the tail end of the 3DS shelf life was probably a bad idea

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Was the superstar saga remake any good? Releasing it on the tail end of the 3DS shelf life was probably a bad idea

it was good yeah.

hey then made them remake bowsers inside story on 3ds when the console was completely loving dead and they just had to sit inside making it while looking longingly out the window at the cool kids prancing in the sunshine making switch games lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah I was hoping they coulda done something cool with the switch :/

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

hey then made them remake bowsers inside story on 3ds when the console was completely loving dead and they just had to sit inside making it while looking longingly out the window at the cool kids prancing in the sunshine making switch games lol

also it supposedly ran like crap and looked worse than the version you could still play on a 3DS

i remember someone mentioning the bowser fights were outsourced to arzest/artoon, the people who made the bad portable yoshi's island games and blinx the time sweeper

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i remember reading estimates after it came out that the inside story remake may have been one of the worst selling mario games ever, worse than mario clash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i remember reading estimates after it came out that the inside story remake may have been one of the worst selling mario games ever, worse than mario clash

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

paper jam was some of the most fun i've had with a mario rpg since ttyd, RIP. i hope the devs get picked up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lol Jesus Christ.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TBH I think the only truly excellent one was Superstar Saga but Paper Jam and BIS are good too. Dream Team was not great though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hope persona Q2 sold well

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

Jesus. Yeah I saw that come out earlier this year and my only thought was, that's weird, I thought Nintendo stopped making first party 3DS games? Then again they had Warioware Gold and the Luigi's Mansion remake just last year... I wonder how those performed

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

TBH I think the only truly excellent one was Superstar Saga but Paper Jam and BIS are good too. Dream Team was not great though

Brothers in Time's big flaw is that they had to readjust the whole battle system to work with four playable characters instead of two and it didn't really work out. Dream Team's huge flaw is that half the game was spent playing tutorials to learn new mechanics that you would use for the next twenty minutes and then never again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

id guess nintendo didnt fully expect the switch to be as big of a hit as it was, and after the wii u i can understand, and thought smaller games on the system with 10 billion units sold was safe insurance

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

paper jam didnt do super well either iirc. people thought it was another sticker star and stayed away

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Jesus. Yeah I saw that come out earlier this year and my only thought was, that's weird, I thought Nintendo stopped making first party 3DS games? Then again they had Warioware Gold and the Luigi's Mansion remake just last year... I wonder how those performed

From what I found neither sold very well at all. Seems like once the Switch hit critical mass 3DS sales plummeted

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the BIS remake wasnt even the last first party game, they had a kirby's epic yarn port afterward that probably sold like 3 copies

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it’s not like i would have bought a switch mario & luigi game either. i don’t dislike the ones ive played, but i’m still burnt out on that franchise

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

it’s not like i would have bought a switch mario & luigi game either. i don’t dislike the ones ive played, but i’m still burnt out on that franchise

I have good news

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
PiT and SS were awesome, BIS was fun but it was getting stale at that point.. I've ignored all the new ones and paper ones because sticker star pissed me off so bad

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

the BIS remake wasnt even the last first party game, they had a kirby's epic yarn port afterward that probably sold like 3 copies

My kids played this at a target kiosk and wouldn't shut up about it, I really have no idea why it wasn't on switch

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

Ohh yeah. Honestly Nintendo would probably sell a ton more games if they enabled some sort of backwards compatibility for DSi/3DS digital eshop games on the Switch, something they almost certainly have the tech to do but just don’t do.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The switch only has one screen tho

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ohh yeah. Honestly Nintendo would probably sell a ton more games if they enabled some sort of backwards compatibility for DSi/3DS digital eshop games on the Switch, something they almost certainly have the tech to do but just don’t do.

i'm skeptical that the Switch could run a 3DS emulator, have the hackers gotten gamecube games running at full FPS yet?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DS is absolutely doable at least

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1179290255003983872

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Maybe they can make a 12 hour unskippable tutorial on finding new jobs