Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Basically they see impeachment and removal from office as identical.

People confuse impeachment with actual removal from office, but also LMAO if Trump hasn't earned removal from office like a dozen times already so who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Wark Say posted:

I know one week in Trump-time-dilation shenanigans is forever ago, but didn't he try to imply that Pelosi was no longer the speaker of the house?

This is probably giving him too much credit but I think that was a clumsy attempt to make a 'AOC and her thugs are now in control' attack.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

So just basically creeping to his approve/disapprove aggregate on 538. Kinda what everyone figured.

Like, the disapprove figure is really telling. It's not a 55% soft disapproval with only 20% very much disapproving and 35% kinda disapproving - it's a very concrete 'this guy loving sucks' 55%.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
If there are any alums/students floating in this thread, sorry about your lovely swamp school

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/1179391674423922691

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Impeachment and removal might be the ONLY safe way to remove Trump from office. Just imagine the how long the 2-1/2 lame duck months will feel between Nov 5th and Jan 20 as Trump cranks up the smash and grab and flees to Moscow.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
So when is this life altering press conference?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

teen witch posted:

10:45 ET I believe.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

teen witch posted:

Half an hour from now

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

teen witch posted:

30 minutes. Considering the barrage of poo poo happening today, it might get lost in the shuffle.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Edmund Lava posted:

30 minutes. Considering the barrage of poo poo happening today, it might get lost in the shuffle.

I thought this was gonna be one of the bigger things happening today, especially in light of all the new revelations from yesterday.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Impeachment and removal might be the ONLY safe way to remove Trump from office. Just imagine the how long the 2-1/2 lame duck months will feel between Nov 5th and Jan 20 as Trump cranks up the smash and grab and flees to Moscow.

The most amazing part is that Trump could literally flee the country to Russia to stay alive, and when you make fun of people who voted for him, they'll still reply with "Yeah, but Hillary would have been worse!"

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
We do not deserve the timeline where Trump flees to Russia. That is reserved for Patreon supporters.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

skylined! posted:

If there are any alums/students floating in this thread, sorry about your lovely swamp school

War Eagle

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

shift to economics: the IPO scams are unraveling

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/10/marketing-expert-scott-galloway-on-wework-and-adam-neumann.html

however always remember the market can stay irrational longer than you, the investor, can stay solvent

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Fleeing to Russia looks like quitting and losing. Once it looks like hes going to get removed from office by either removal in the Senate or just by getting voted out, I'm pretty sure trump is going to try to call for violence to keep him in office. He thinks hes got huge support and hes going to call for them to come to DC to help.

Then 32 people show up, some armed, who are promptly arrested by the police. His supporters will outnumbered by protestors who've come to watch his stupid fat rear end leave the White House.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

The most amazing part is that Trump could literally flee the country to Russia to stay alive, and when you make fun of people who voted for him, they'll still reply with "Yeah, but Hillary would have been worse!"

He could flee to Russia, spend the rest of the his life in exile, and constantly tweet poo poo trying to undermine the legitimate government with some fake one he makes up. He'd still have like 20% of Americans saying "Oh our last real president is in Exile while some pretender is in the Whitehouse."

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this may've been posted but i am lolling at rudy fielding the idea of "What if we sue Congress for impeaching?"

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1179396596250955776
https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1179396598696161280

e: he just deleted the first tweet, it was this:

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

I wonder what the numbers are on people thinking Biden is guilty of something?

I mean, I don't really much care if Biden eats it, but if there's a way to wiggle out of this, it's over Biden's political life.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

Russia wouldn't let him in. He ceases being useful to them if he's out of power and they won't harbor him when he's done.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

If Trump is still around to fight the 2020 election, he will just claim that the wall is built. Reality is irrelevant.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Russia wouldn't let him in. He ceases being useful to them if he's out of power and they won't harbor him when he's done.

He could form a lovely government in exile that could undermine the US a bit. It wouldn't do much, but it would be worth the low low cost of letting some idiot sit in a hotel.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

They may accept him as a Reek.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
However he goes, he's not going down without a fight, that's for drat sure

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
trump isn't gonna loving do anything

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Trump asked Boris to discredit Mueller :lol:

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Giving him a spot on RT to directly speak to the CHUDs would serve their purposes.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bottom Liner posted:

Trump asked Boris to discredit Mueller :lol:

loving globalist.

ReliableSand
Apr 28, 2008
Congress notifies White House of intent to subpoena for Ukraine docs Friday:

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/2019-10-02.COR%20WH%20Subpoena%20Memo%20and%20Schedule.pdf

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Are you kidding? Russia would gladly welcome him in, give him all the camera time he wants, and gloat at the fact that a former US president had fallen to such a disgraceful low, publicly screaming silly poo poo every night.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Same, friend.

(Please do not examine Auburn, one of the most conservative schools in the country, very closely)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I predict Trump’s brainworms will have grown so fat and plump that he will still think he’s President even once he’s out of office.

Just endless tweets about his plans to KEEP AMERICA GREAT and how great the country is doing because of him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

trump isn't gonna loving do anything

not sure what'll take for people to realize he's a thin-skinned mincing drama queen and not some tough guy.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

skylined! posted:

Upset at my alma mater rn, I've been encouraging everyone I know to tell any students they know to go and get tickets and burn them

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

There'll be much whistle blowing,
and hearing no-showing,
his tweets they all fear!

There'll be partisan boasting,
Daniel Dale liveposting
And Rudy on every show
There'll be scary witch huntings
And tweets about some things
The Clintons did long, long ago

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Sarcastr0 posted:

I wonder what the numbers are on people thinking Biden is guilty of something?

Forgot where I saw it, but its a weak plurality, something like mid-40's vs low-40's against. I get the impression that its the people going "all politicians are crooked to some degree, but if its small, low-level grift I don't care too much".

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Guyger trial starting

https://youtu.be/zOLOcQ2FkcE

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Slowpoke! posted:

We do not deserve the timeline where Trump flees to Russia. That is reserved for Patreon supporters.

Sometimes I think God has lots of parallel universes we can choose for reincarnation purposes and we either a) spent big and got the bizarro comedy football-bat timeline where nothing makes sense or b) we cheaped out and got God’s half-baked shitti-verse where all brains are evil, broken, or magnificently stupid. :2bong:

This is been Ripoff’s Drug-Fueled Idiocy Minute brought to you by bad Chinese food last night and a badly made edible that I may have confused for a crouton.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
you should be way more scared of his fans than him himself because Trump is a queeny bitch from New York who spends most of his time making fun of other D-listers even as the literal most powerful person on earth, he's not gonna fight against the loving US military or form a government in exile or whatever

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

skylined! posted:

At least the student government is getting dragged in the comments.

https://twitter.com/accentspeakers/status/1179088417570918401?s=09

Apparently this is a year that the SG dropped funding for arts programs, so that's nice. I believe we ended up canceling the Richard Spencer speech a couple of years ago, so hopefully we can do the same here.

Edit-nm he ended up speaking, but his supporter who poo poo at protestor pled out in February, so have fun in the Florida penitentiary system. https://www.alligator.org/news/rich...1d079ba9df.html

ummel fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm seriously imagining a trump 'government in exile' and I can't stop laughing, just him and three jet-ski salesmen in Moscow trying to bribe congresspeople onto their side with coupons for free nights at trump hotels