Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

The Mighty Moltres posted:

After paying my rent and electricity bill today, I thought that I'd have $40 left.
I could make that amount last, since I often shop cheap.
Then I remembered about my bank's ridiculous fees, and looked at my balance.
I am overdrawn, and I have no food.
Literally all I have at home is a single potato and a bottle of ketchup.
For two weeks.
I don't know what to do.

do you have an email? You can post like whatever[at]blah[dot]com and delete it later if you don’t want spam robots to get you. I don’t think either of us have PMs and also I don’t know how to get PMs. I can help :unsmith:

Edit: I just reread this and realized it made no sense. :downs: I meant an email for like Venmo or Zelle or something, so I can send you some cash. This used to happen to me a lot.

HOLY FUCK has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Sep 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

HOLY gently caress posted:

do you have an email? You can post like whatever[at]blah[dot]com and delete it later if you don’t want spam robots to get you. I don’t think either of us have PMs and also I don’t know how to get PMs. I can help :unsmith:

Edit: I just reread this and realized it made no sense. :downs: I meant an email for like Venmo or Zelle or something, so I can send you some cash. This used to happen to me a lot.

A few days ago a goon, who shall remain anonymous (unless he wants to be named, you know who you are), messaged me and sent some money out of his own pocket.
To this person I am eternally grateful, just as HOLY gently caress I am eternally grateful to you simply for your willingness to help.
Things will become a bit better in a few days once PayPal verifies the gift I received.
Of course I'm not denying your offer, but since I live in Canada, neither Venmo nor Zelle will work. As far as I'm aware, anyway.

As suggested by Beartaco, I went to the food bank. After some inquisitive questions by the staff regarding my actual need, I left with a loaf of bread, a small jar of peanut butter, some fairly fresh vegetables, and a box of cereal.
These items have kept me going fairly well, and I've been drinking a lot of water to trick my body into thinking it's full.

DandyLion, I also took your advice and scrounged up what change I could. Then I went out early every morning to collect bottles and cans from around the neighbourhood.
With the money gained from this process, I was able to buy enough gas to get me to and from work this past week.

Other than surviving and working my way toward a paycheque that will end up disappearing into debt, I've been sleeping a lot. You don't need calories if you don't do anything, right?

At least I have a roof over my head.

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Sep 8, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cspam has a goon food fund. there's some poster who plays craps a lot and chucks the excess winnings into a stromboli fund for goons in trouble.

i don't actually know where this fund is or who runs it but hopefully someone else knows what i'm dementedly rambling about and can actually furnish some details

e: it's Plinkey, so maybe message them

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Oh my god, I forgot about PayPal :doh: Which I used recently, too!

I sent you an email!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus posted:

So, I came to the dental surgeon with my mom for them to check out an abnormality on her gums. She sits in the chair, he tells her to say ahh, and is just like "well, that's mouth cancer". Carcinoma or something. gently caress. gently caress!

I hate everything.

Edit: they still have to do a biopsy and all that. But he was just like "in 20 years of doing this, that's what that looks like, and everything else similar is also not great, siphilis, tuberculosis, etc", so, gently caress. It could also be an infection, but it's not real likely, this is two separate professionals suggesting it's cancer. Very treatable cancer, apparently, but any cancer is bad.
so, update on this...the doctor was wrong. it's not cancer. it's precancerous and infected(which was causing the growth to look especially funky), they still need to remove the growth, but it has not yet crossed that threshold to "full blown cancer". this also means they just remove the growth, and not a centimeter of surrounding tissue and jawbone, which is also excellent.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I got mad about video games.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mikl posted:

I got mad about video games.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

CDPR is going on about their bullshit on Cyberpunk 2077.

To wit:

quote:

Yes, Pears confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 will feature fully-nude sex scenes. However, to be able to have this, the player character’s genitalia will be determined by the body type they choose. “We have the body type that you select and then the genitals will be determined by that,” explained Peas. “You can have a male or female voice with either body, but the genitals are defined by the body.”

“We really want to make sure players get the representation that they want,” mentioned Pears. “In the genre of cyberpunk as well, it asks such deep questions about what it means to be human, let alone what it means to define your gender.” He went on stating that “having that customization match how you feel is your representation of how you feel… it’s important for us and it’s important to the lore of this world too.”

"We want to let players customise their character, but a man with a vagina or a girl with a penis? Nah."

quote:

Aside from this, Pears goes on further about how the studio is attempting to make the game more inclusive. He mentioned that one of the ways that CD Projekt Red is doing this is by having NPCs simply refer to the player character by their name, V, doing away with any gendered pronouns or descriptors.

“One of the things we’ve done to make sure the game addresses things a certain way is a lot of the time NPCs are just going to refer to you as ‘V,’ because you won’t be able to choose your name. That way it helps people know that it’s their character that’s being spoken to and also however you’ve envisioned your V, that’s still your V. That’s been our focus: your version of V is your version as the player and that’s how you will be addressed in the game.”

"We have dozens of millions of dollars in budget, we can afford to pay Keanu Reeves to be in this game, but we won't re-dub voice lines so that players may choose their pronouns."

Oh, I am super mad about this bullshit.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I posted this in E/N and was hoping to get some sympathy, but it isn't getting much traction - but this thread seems like a nice place.

I've been in telecom industry in some capacity since 2011 as a Project Coordinator/Project Manager. Both my firms have dealt with cellphone towers - analyzing new equipment to make sure the tower or mount can support it. I worked for one of the biggest firms in the area for several years but I jumped ship a year and a half or so ago for what I thought was a smaller, more aggressive firm that was willing to pay me quite a bit more for essentially the same job I'd been doing. And now it's all falling apart before my eyes. There's a lot going on behind the scenes in the market right now which has led to the higher ups deciding that my role is going to be largely unnecessary for the foreseeable future.

Here is the series of unfortunate events that is leading to me losing my job: Sprint is getting acquired by T-Mobile, so they are stopping all work. T-Mobile blew their operating budget by buying Sprint, so they're cancelling all current jobs and are offering no work for the remainder of the year. AT&T does things in giant waves and their last wave of the year already hit, so that is all buttoned up on our end, nothing new coming from them at all. I don't know anything about Verizon or US Cellular, but I don't think we do work with them. The main 2 tower owners - who are my major clients - both independently told us that as a result of all that stuff I mentioned that we should brace ourselves for getting 0 new jobs coming in until literally January 2020..

The company is basically going into panic/starvation mode. There is literally going to be nothing for me to do for the foreseeable future, so they're going to have to let me go, they just don't know when exactly, but it's happening, no question. My boss is trying to reach out to clients and recruiters to see if they have any openings to give me a soft landing because tower owners still need maintenance work coordinated since they have revenue coming in from tower rent, but so far, no dice. It's not like I can call up any of the other firms in the area because they're presumably going through the same thing.

So right now, I have a job.. doing nothing, at least for now. I'm happy that he's trying to look out for me but now I know why he's been so cold the past few weeks. He's know this was coming and didn't know how to deal with it until the wave was upon us. Part of me is glad that he let me know before I was caught completely off guard, but I still feel like I got the wind knocked out of me. I don't think any of the other staff knows I'm going to be cut loose because they're primarily engineers, so they're a lot more valuable than I am in the long haul. I've got a stay-at-home wife and a 3 year old, which means our savings is completely shot and we're in large amounts of debt, but we've been making it work because her income would have basically all gone towards childcare costs. I'm doing all the "right" things.. getting my resume in order, making calls, etc, but goddamn this sucks.

^^ All that was a couple days ago, just a copy/paste from the other thread.. I have fired off a few resumes, nothing yet but fingers crossed. Finances are tight.. Like, tight-tight. I had to give myself an advance from Paypal Credit to get groceries for next week. Kids and stay-at-home moms are loving expensive.

New Leaf has a new favorite as of 20:43 on Sep 13, 2019

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just washed out of a warehouse job after a second day. Saturday went OK, moving somewhat heavy boxes but got it done, but by today I was still sore as hell, so only made it 2 hours moving slightly lighter boxes before my arms started screaming in pain. Guess I know my limits, never been one for physical work, now I know I physically cannot do it.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My job is a nightmare right now. You can skip down to the tl;dr if you don't care about the backstory.

When I started, the small company I work for had three women, myself included, working in the office. Me, "Ryan", and "Jenna". We all had our own tasks that we took care of, and unless one of us was out, there was rarely any need to us to do each others' work.

Three years ago, Jenna quit because she was moving out of state. Ryan and I were able to pick up the slack for a while, and "Brooke" was hired a few weeks later to take over for Jenna. The transition went pretty smoothly and everything continued just fine.

Then, at the beginning of the year two years go, Ryan quit because she had a baby and doing part time wasn't really going to work out. Brooke and I were going to split Ryan's duties in addition to doing our own until the company could find a replacement. Unfortunately, Ryan was terrible at setting aside time to train us to do her job. As soon as she put in her notice, it's like she stopped doing anything except the absolute bare minimum. She spent most of her time watching the webcam her daycare set up to keep an eye on her baby - I don't know if she thought she was being sneaky or if she just didn't care. So, everything was lovely for a while because we had to figure out how to do Ryan's stuff and had no way to know if we were doing everything right unless something got screwed up.

It was that way for two years and it was terrible.

Fast forward to now. Brooke's last day was Friday and there is no replacement in sight.

tl;dr everyone else in my office quit and now it's just me, doing the jobs of three people.

That's not even mentioning the fact that this place is an OSHA nightmare. The company doesn't have a cleaning crew so everything is dirty (except my space, which I come in early to clean myself), including the single bathroom (one sink, one toilet) that all of us (office and warehouse) have to share. There is a mouse problem and I have to pack up everything I own at the end of the day and put it in a storage box or else when I show up in the morning my things will be covered in poop. Somehow, about one a week, there will be a wasp buzzing around the window by my desk and I'm allergic so that's always a fun (awful) surprise. Will I survive the day? No one knows!

I want to scream. If I didn't need the money so very badly I would drop everything and walk away. I'm actively looking for a new job, and if they can't hire at least one person soon they're going to be hosed because nobody else in this place knows how to do any of the stuff and the company would literally close down without me.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The company is already rapidly circling the drain. Start looking for a new job yesterday.

E: oh, I see you said that you're actively looking. Yeah, that's nothing but red flags there. I wouldn't be surprised if paychecks start coming late.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I loving hate job hunting. It's worse knowing that if my company was willing to go to bat for me I could ride this out but instead they're going to throw me out to save a few bucks and just hire a new "me" down the road when things even out. All this talk about "coworkers are family" is bullshit.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
im at urgent care bc i can't breathe. i tried to go earlier but my bosses think the only reasons anyone ever misses work are hangovers and job interviews... it was easier to go to work and make them listen to me wheezing for four hours before they let me go to urgent care instead of a lunch break

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this belongs in the dream thread or not, but I had a lovely dream where my (late) mom decided to be really mean to me about stuff. I can't even remember what she was talking about, now, but it's put me in a bad mood because I miss my mom and I feel like I got yelled at.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I told my job I was going back to school and filled out an availability that restricted my hours and told them I would work a max of 25 hours a week. It went fine with one hiccup that I talked to management about and I thought got smoothed over. Few weeks out and I get my schedule for week after next, and surprise 37 hours.

Screw. That.

I told the manger on duty tonight that’s bullshit and they were like “well find someone to take those shifts”

Nope. Not my problem. If you desperately need me like that schedule is claiming then keep me happy at those hours or I’ll happily quit. My store manager is in Saturday and I’m gonna give him Ultimatum, fix it or I quit on the spot. Have fun finding a part time student willing to work 25 hours. They’re having a poo poo enough time as is.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i have something terribly wrong with my sinuses and today the atmospheric pressure changing with a large thunderstorm is making my sinuses hurt and I'm in so much pain i can't concentrate and my eyes are watering and i have to keep one hand on my face applying pressure to make things slightly less unbearable but it hurts so loving much holy poo poo this hurts so much it hurts i am in pain and it hurts and nobody cares or has sympathy and i have to try to keep working but this hurts so much, im in so much pain, it hurts it hurts it hurts!!!!!!!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Some fuckhead in Germany apparently hacked my League of Legends account and charged 500 euros worth of whatever ingame currency it uses on my credit card. Riot games says it'll take minimum 3-5 days to fix leaving me without money for bills and food the next week.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Some rear end in a top hat followed me through a parking lot, waited while I was in a store, then followed me again and asked me to get into his car while I was coming home from work near my house. Got my husband to come pick me up even though I was only a 5 minute walk away so I wouldn't be followed home. I just want to feel safe in public, I hate that I don't.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
did you call the cops? did this guy just do this out of nowhere? what the gently caress?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I thought about calling the cops but I feel like they'd not really do anything. I'd rather just get out of there and get on with my day. I had just gotten off a bus and he happened to be driving into the parking lot and decided to bother me. I noticed a car driving slowly nearby me before I went into the store, I just decided to ignore it. It's not even close to the first time happening either, I've had this happen a lot. It's tiring to try to do anything about it, I just want to leave the area. I'm fortunate to have a husband who will just come get me whenever I ask like that though.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I'm at the end of my rope financially. I'm not in danger of like, starving or being homeless, but I might wind up having to walk home tonight, 16 miles along a busy highway. Oh, and clean the whole house when I get there. And then get up at 7 tomorrow to go get yelled at from 10-8 by people who don't understand that I can't just hand them a free phone.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Black Stones posted:

I told my job I was going back to school and filled out an availability that restricted my hours and told them I would work a max of 25 hours a week. It went fine with one hiccup that I talked to management about and I thought got smoothed over. Few weeks out and I get my schedule for week after next, and surprise 37 hours.

Screw. That.

I told the manger on duty tonight that’s bullshit and they were like “well find someone to take those shifts”

Nope. Not my problem. If you desperately need me like that schedule is claiming then keep me happy at those hours or I’ll happily quit. My store manager is in Saturday and I’m gonna give him Ultimatum, fix it or I quit on the spot. Have fun finding a part time student willing to work 25 hours. They’re having a poo poo enough time as is.

I went through something similar a bajillion years ago when I worked for Walmart. After entirely too much time of that bullshit I finally put my two weeks in. If they try to do it once they're going to keep trying to do it/actively do it. I didn't finish the entire two weeks, either; basically walked part way through.

It's definitely time to start looking for other work/just dump your two weeks notice in anyway. It'll look better to future employers if you do drop the two weeks of course but a lovely enough employer most certainly doesn't deserve it.

socalled
Sep 2, 2011

Yes, but you'll never get it.
A month after I got dumped out of nowhere by the person I loved my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer (early stage, positive prognosis). She had her lumpectomy today and next up will likely be radiation. My father is almost completely useless at being supportive and I am struggling still with so much anger toward my ex and resentment toward my father. I'm scared for my mother and I'm trying desperately to handle all of these emotions with some kind of grace. As stupid and insignificant as it is, today I found out the ex was still using a mug I got him from the place I consider home and I almost lost it. It's my own fault for looking at his business's Facebook page but I want that stupid goddamn mug back so that he can never use it again. He gave back every gift I didn't want back and kept that mug.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
One of my best friends in the world is an anxiety, depression-riddled mess and I am nearing the end of my rope with them. Every single day is a bad day, every single day is something new for them to have a panic attack about and I love them like a second sibling but I cannot take it anymore. I've done all I can, always, to be supportive of them, but sometimes it feels like they don't want help. I know depression isn't logical and almost never makes sense, it isn't their fault, I just... I need a break. And I feel like a terrible friend for feeling like this but I also feel like not much of one for not being able to be much help for them.

Every

Single

Day

Giganticon
Mar 10, 2010

Pillbug
I have an ex who was like that. If everything was great her brain would manifest something to panic about - no way for her to be calm. She had a horrible abuse ridden childhood with a fighting alcoholic parent - it left some bad scars and she suffered enormously. and I genuinely loved her and it was so difficult. I ended up leaving her - it was very painful. But there is a point at which you can't bare to watch it anymore as you are powerless to help. I hold allot of guilt - it is traumatic to love someone like that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I thought the agency had found me a semi-permanent or at least lasting job, but this morning after 1 week because of budget issues they are dropping all temp staff. So frustrating.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My dad's cancer is spreading. gently caress mesothelioma.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Guess who's got 2 thumbs, a limited French vocabulary and just got an offcial warning at work due to having too many sickdays?

Yes, that's me... Just hard to avoid the sickdays, when suffering from a depression, and have been hit by the flu.

Just loving fire me already!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Astrofig posted:

I'm at the end of my rope financially. I'm not in danger of like, starving or being homeless, but I might wind up having to walk home tonight, 16 miles along a busy highway. Oh, and clean the whole house when I get there. And then get up at 7 tomorrow to go get yelled at from 10-8 by people who don't understand that I can't just hand them a free phone.

My brother helped me not have to do this but I'm still badly-off financially.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Work blows chunks and I’m in school right now for something that has actually been fun to do. now when I come to work on days I’ve been an teaching assistant I’m tired as heck and sick of my job and their constant crap. “Hey you give up when people object to buying stupid rear end protection plans”

Yes, yes I do because I don’t care anymore. They said no. I’m gonna leave them alone.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
My dog died.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
get to the loving point when you're calling a business. Don't tell me about your day, don't give me your guesses as to what's wring (if you really knew you'd fix it) answer my loving questions. You're calling a professional for a loving reason and your response to my very basic question shouldn't be "does that matter?" Go gently caress yourself I'm not asking for my health. And don't loving give me your entire history every question I ask. "Does it do that every time?" "well, you see, a few years ago I had a different one and when I moved here..."
In a similar vein "at my house" is NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER TO "And where is your car now?"
And I motherfucking don't need your running commentary. Just get the gently caress out of my way and let me do my job, asking "is everything all right?" and "is it giving you trouble?" every 5 minutes doesn't loving help. If it wasn't loving difficult you wouldn't be here.
gently caress humanity.

Whitlam posted:

My dog died.
Dogs are great though. The highest a human can ever rise on this planet is "pack mate" to a good doggo.
Sorry :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I had a very stressful week of work, and my lower GI area decided to go into panic alert and shut down for the past week.

I just want to use the washroom :(

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

get to the loving point when you're calling a business. Don't tell me about your day, don't give me your guesses as to what's wring (if you really knew you'd fix it) answer my loving questions. You're calling a professional for a loving reason and your response to my very basic question shouldn't be "does that matter?" Go gently caress yourself I'm not asking for my health. And don't loving give me your entire history every question I ask. "Does it do that every time?" "well, you see, a few years ago I had a different one and when I moved here..."
In a similar vein "at my house" is NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER TO "And where is your car now?"
And I motherfucking don't need your running commentary. Just get the gently caress out of my way and let me do my job, asking "is everything all right?" and "is it giving you trouble?" every 5 minutes doesn't loving help. If it wasn't loving difficult you wouldn't be here.
gently caress humanity.

Dogs are great though. The highest a human can ever rise on this planet is "pack mate" to a good doggo.
Sorry :(

This is why the cutesy US fake friendly retail service industry sucks because customers expect you to be their buddy. So goddamn sick and tired of idiots answering with joke responses to simple questions.

:smugjones: "Do you know where you're going?"
:clint: "To hell if ah don't change mah ways. HAW HAW!"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
despair. despair is all I feel right now. There's nothing that can be done in time to stop this massacre. There's things I want to say but they are fruitless and will just lead to a ban. Trump has been awful in every conceivable way, but this is by far the worst thing he's done. And reiterating for the US to stand down, abandon our main allies in the middle east, and let it happen as the bombs fall on civilian population centers, and the military obeyed. We get to watch in real time as yet another American-caused global humanitarian disaster happens. I know there are lots of good people in the world, but it's poo poo like this and the coordinated actions of the despots and their fanatical soldiers that make me just think the human experiment has failed.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

This is a few days of shittiness. I got a letter in the mail saying they were dropping my son's SSI payment next month to $0, because they somehow estimated my partner would be making more than double what he actually makes in a month. So that was stressful, and then I got to sit in the SSA office with all the paperwork showing actual income, child support payments for my son's half siblings (since that affects how much income they count), and whatnot. Now I get to just sit around and wait for them to input all that information, to hopefully get his payments sorted back out.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Yesterday sucked.

As a bit of background, I've had a stomach/lower GI problem the last week or so. I generally hate to use goo-goo-gah-gah baby terms for stuff, but for a long time I've used the term 'tender tummy' for all the generally-sourceless things where everything upsets my stomach for a while.

So yesterday I went into work, only to find that the position I was supposed to work wasn't working. I go to closest closest-thing-we've-got-to-a-manager, and I could easily see that he's understandably stressed out because I'm the third round peg in a bunch of square holes. He asks me if I want to take (unpaid) time off, I say no because I need the money. He asks if I want to do Job B. I've never done it, but I'm always willing to try something new.

After a crash course one minute or two of training (with someone else roped into doing Job B with me with no training), we start working and ooph, it sucks. Like, normally it would just be a level of physicality higher than I'm used to, and I could deal, but it required a bit more work on my core muscles than I'm used to. Core muscles that, when activated on and off, didn't exactly help my stomach issues. Plus, a lot of literally-walking-in-small-circles stuff to boot, which really didn't help my stomach.

After a while, the person working with me (who was telling me while working that she's a mom of five) stops me and tells me flat out that I have to tell a closest-thing-we've-got-to-a-manager that this isn't working out. Not because I'm slowing down or anything, but "you're really pale and splotchy right now". She's a mom of five, so when a Mom analogue tells you something is wrong, it's wrong.

I go to a closest-thing-we've-got-to-a-manager (who visibly reacts with a "oh my god are you okay?" because I am evidently white as a sheet from nausea), who offers to put me on another job I've never done, Job C. After a minute of training on that, I'm pawned off on another guy who is way too helpful about giving me the basics.

In any other circumstances, I would've dug the job. Little more physicality than I'd like, but way less than Job B. Sadly, my stomach doesn't sooth at all and I eventually tell him I've got to go home. I'm seriously annoyed because I want to work, but I am not in a state to work. He's completely understanding, sending me to the internal doctor for something. After taking a few pepto pills there (which I mindlessly crunch one; they might be chewables but being stomach-sick and that taste might've been suboptimal), I'm finally told I can totally take paid-time-off for all of this. Which I can't do until I get home.

I get a drive home and the entire time I am doing the "breathe deep, try not to throw up in an Uber car, try and not focus on how long until I'm home" thing. Finally I get home, throw up, and decide to crash on the couch so as to disturb my partner, who (by this time) had gotten home relatively soon(ish) and I didn't want to disturb her. I remember I have to call my place's HR department, and they walk me through how to claim PTO for the seven-or-so hours I should've worked. After that, I'm wired-but-tired, have a headache, and sick to my stomach, and I can't take anything for it because I know my stomach enough to know it is not going to like anything in it for a while.

I eventually pass out, and here I am, three hours or so until I've got to go to work again. I really hope nothing bad happens, tonight. :(

tldr: my day sucked yesterday because I got bounced from section to section at work, got super sick in the process, and barely slept when I got home.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Getting real loving tired of my dad's low key transphobia. Whenever I meet him and I'm wearing something that isn't trousers or can pass for trousers, he takes a look at me and goes "why are you dressed like a woman?"

Because I am, dad. I'm a girl. As such, I like to wear dresses and skirts every now and then. This isn't a new thing either, it's been more than a year since I came out to you. I really don't appreciate you trying to make me feel guilty about what clothes I choose to wear. Besides, you don't ask my mum why she wears skirts, so why do you ask me? (Do not answer this question, goons, it's a rhetorical question.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Guessing he's not someone you can excise from your life? When I got fed up with my dad's initially "doddering old white boomer fool" racism(like "oriental") and he started using outright slurs(when I was dating a non-white girl, hoo boy), I was just like "if you continue this, you are gone".

I understand some folks value familial ties higher than other people, but if he's going to disrespect you in such an explicit way, putting your foot down sooner rather than letting it become routine is really important especially for your mental health itself. It does become complicated if he's got some sort of financial support(or similar contribution you need) he's providing that he can yank out from under you, of course.

Still, that's super lovely, and I hope you're doing well. If you need a vent, I'm here or on steam.