Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Maybe this is a LAN question but what are those lights in the mountains north of Vancouver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

just another posted:

Maybe this is a LAN question but what are those lights in the mountains north of Vancouver?

Grouse Mountain Ski zone

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Helsing posted:

Some phrase comes to mind. Something about evil. It starts with a B... the bananas of evil? Not that's not it... Boardwalk of evil? I dunno, it's probably not relevant.

The Babality of Evil.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

just another posted:

BCs premier is such a big Star Trek fan that he is building a life sized Voyager ship in the mountains.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

just another posted:

Affordable housing

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

just another posted:

Weed grow-op.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

If Dons dad had jerked off more he’d have killed nazis too

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

just another posted:

alien craft landing strip

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
It's 11:40pm and I'm watching my NDP candidate get in a twitter slap fight with some Liberal and I am here for it

just another
Oct 16, 2009

I'll take all of the above.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Finally a government willing to fix military procurement :laugh:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

because Harper did SO WELL with procurement

we can't just buy the loving Gripens

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Postess with the Mostest posted:

A party of Fine Canadians judging by the fact we're about to give another majority to captain blackface

Really shows how awful his competition is, doesn't it?

At least the one who has a chance to win.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

Jan posted:

Hmm, yes, there is a large ocean separating us from our neighbours to the south and their many, many guns.

Invading and occupying a country with tens of millions of people who could blend in well enough to make prolonged asymmetric warfare a real thing? Great idea!

PT6A posted:

“Maybe the anti fascists are the true fascists after all!” :thunk:

Do not allow any form of fascist, no matter how presently benign they appear, to spread their filth.

"I have the right to impose my own rules upon society, and by force if necessary" deserves nothing more than a :fuckoff:, no matter who's doing it.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Am I being detained? I'm merely traveling

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Mokinokaro posted:

Really shows how awful his competition is, doesn't it?

At least the one who has a chance to win.

What's awful about jagmeet? He has no chance to win because people who purport to deeply care about racism are terrified of scheer winning so they're going to strategically vote for blackface guy because nobody's perfect?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

He has no chance to win because people who purport to deeply care about racism are often actually racist so they're going to strategically vote for blackface guy because nobody's perfect?

Legit though I think that’s part of it.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

mediaphage posted:

Legit though I think that’s part of it.

We just want to have our maple syrup and chug it too.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
My wife and I mailed in our ballots for the NDP so I guess my job here is done, time to forget about politics for the next four years lmao

just another
Oct 16, 2009

What's awful about jagmeet? He has no chance to win because people who purport to deeply care about racism are terrified of scheer winning so they're going to strategically vote for blackface guy because nobody's perfect?

I'd legitimately like to learn more about how wiley and capable he was in the caucus but meeting him and hearing him speak in person did nothing to dissuade me from the notion that his principle qualification was that he was as telegenic as Trudeau.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

If we have to trade one flavour of bland Neoliberal for another all is somewhat lost

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

My favourite part is when he says that his other side of the family fought "oppression" in WWI, fighting for the British Empire against the German Empire. Someone needs to tell him the Germans weren't the clear cut bad guys in that one.

Giving old people a pass to be lovely because "respect your elders" is going to be the death of us all.

And yes attending a nazi rally is a lovely thing to do.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

vyelkin posted:

My wife and I mailed in our ballots for the NDP so I guess my job here is done, time to forget about politics for the next four years lmao

Thank you

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Guess what? My grandpa also fought the Axis powers and somehow I didn't turn into some PPC-supporting CHUD. What's that dude's excuse?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jehde posted:

Ah, but you see, they're not self-identified Nazis, so calling it a Nazi rally is unfair. They're just xenophobic ethno-nationalist bigots.

e: I always appreciate tagesschau's commitment to true "lawful neutral" alignment.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 2, 2019

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jehde posted:

My favourite part is when he says that his other side of the family fought "oppression" in WWI, fighting for the British Empire against the German Empire. Someone needs to tell him the Germans weren't the clear cut bad guys in that one.

Giving old people a pass to be lovely because "respect your elders" is going to be the death of us all.

Oppression and Nazism is when Germans do a bad thing, but when we Canadians do a bad thing it's just democracy and patriotism.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Oppression and Nazism is when Germans do a bad thing, but when we Canadians do a bad thing it's just democracy and patriotism.

I know this was meant in a sarcastic manner but it is precisely why they fight so hard to be called anything but nazis. They know the public opinion will turn on them super quick and they will lose every bit of power and control they currently enjoy the second the association sticks because to the majority of people the nazis were the most evil people in history.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

infernal machines posted:

e: I always appreciate tagesschau's commitment to true "lawful neutral" alignment.

Infinitely preferable to "when the president someone I agree with does it, that means that it is not illegal."

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Nazis are just people you don't "agree with"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

tagesschau posted:

Invading and occupying a country with tens of millions of people who could blend in well enough to make prolonged asymmetric warfare a real thing? Great idea!

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the Americans have been invading countries for the last hundred+ years where they get caught up in prolonged asymmetric warfare, and still haven't learned their lesson.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Not to go all hoo rah Canada because we're totally going to sell them our resources cheap, like we've always done, but the USA invading Canada would be extremely interesting because we would start a guerilla/terrorist campaign on their own soil so fast. They wouldn't have the stomachache for it.

We'll be a puppet state, but we we'll always retain at least the illusion of sovereignty.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

EvilJoven posted:

Not to go all hoo rah Canada because we're totally going to sell them our resources cheap, like we've always done, but the USA invading Canada would be extremely interesting because we would start a guerilla/terrorist campaign on their own soil so fast. They wouldn't have the stomachache for it.

We'll be a puppet state, but we we'll always retain at least the illusion of sovereignty.

Thank god we're not playing by civ 5 rules because they've already got the cultural victory.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I wasn't posting that to say that I think the Americans will invade, just that trying to project geopolitics in the future based on Rational Actors is pretty suspect.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Seeing as a lot of Canada has very little identity beyond 'not American' I bet most Canadians would fight pretty hard to continue being not American.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

EvilJoven posted:

Seeing as a lot of Canada has very little identity beyond 'not American' I bet most Canadians would fight pretty hard to continue being not American.

Nah, we're way too comfortable to actually fight much over a horizontal promotion.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ya most Canadians would probably give up what little Canadian identity they have if it meant getting US Amazon without the exchange rate and shipping charges.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

EvilJoven posted:

Ya most Canadians would probably give up what little Canadian identity they have if it meant getting US Amazon without the exchange rate and shipping charges.

They'd just need to allow canadians to access american netflix for a week leading up to the referendum, no blood would be shed.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

Dreylad posted:

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the Americans have been invading countries for the last hundred+ years where they get caught up in prolonged asymmetric warfare, and still haven't learned their lesson.

Yeah, but the one that shares a massive land border with you seems to be a particularly bad choice.

Juul-Whip posted:

Nazis are just people you don't "agree with"

OK, replace "someone I agree with" with "my own side" and maybe you won't misread it this time.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Imagine the look on the face of the first CanAmerican to get a US hospital bill tho. It might be enough to spark a revolution after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
That's why Canada would remain a client state, or a territory like Puerto Rico -- in this hypothetical situation America wouldn't risk an additional 37+ million pro-public healthcare voters to suddenly crash their politics, no matter how dysfunctional they are at that point.