Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Juokaa kumissia tai älkää juoko mitään, perkele!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

Literally the first thing I ate, better be the last because the only way you take my drat milk away is over my dead body :argh:

Milk goes so well with so many things. I am literally willing to die for milk and milk-based products I love them so much

Goddamn hippies!

Andrast posted:

If I have to choose between milk and avoiding climate apocalypse I will choose milk every time

bloom posted:

If they take away my milk I'll start drinking their blood

I have never agreed with anything so much before

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Fenno-Thunbergian Hyper Milkwar, 2020-32470 (circa)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
You want the worst part?

The people wanting to ban milk and the people wanting to protect the environment are in opposing camps.

Trying to make sure we produce enough B12 - reliably enough - is a hell of an unsolved problem if we remove cows from the equation.

In addition our fields need grasses and there's no way to convert those grasses into HUMAN FEED without some extreme approaches toward genetic engineering. Without rotating in grasses the topsoil will begin to quickly degrade. In addition we just don't know what would happen to the microbiome of the soil without the bullshit - thus far it hasn't been a problem.

Even the best case projection is that it'll tank our productivity, especially from a land use point of view. Farming cows for meat (other than the incidental meat from milk production) is among the worst sources of greenhouse gases, but milk production (with grass-fed cows) not so much.

So no. This isn't about the climate. Milk is entirely a question if we should be allowed to have COW SLAVES.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I think banning meat and milk get lumped together for stupid reasons. I really like meat, but I could live with vegs if I can also have fermented buttermilk and cheese.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

We're also probably going to have a perfectly workable meat substitute or lab-grown meat before we have good non-dairy based cheese. It seems to be very hard to replicate cheese, but that also makes a sort of sense because so many factors go into cheese flavour and texture, while if you can whip up half a pound of something resembling ground beef you can already do loads of different things with it and seasoning and fat are what gives it most of the flavour.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

doverhog posted:

I think banning meat and milk get lumped together for stupid reasons. I really like meat, but I could live with vegs if I can also have fermented buttermilk and cheese.

They also lump together and average all sources of feed and assume that if a field is used for feeding cows it could produce human food crops at the same level of efficiency, forever.

What it doesn't result is a more environmentally friendly way of producing food. It results in a dustbowl scenario.

That being said, only cows fed mostly on grass are sustainable - soy, corn, oats, wheat and even turnips are bad. Likewise, you can have a small amount of pigs fed by agricultural waste - crops damaged by harvesting or pests enough they wouldn't survive transportation. Neither of those come anywhere close to producing the amount of meat we as a society consume.

Sulphagnist posted:

We're also probably going to have a perfectly workable meat substitute or lab-grown meat before we have good non-dairy based cheese. It seems to be very hard to replicate cheese, but that also makes a sort of sense because so many factors go into cheese flavour and texture, while if you can whip up half a pound of something resembling ground beef you can already do loads of different things with it and seasoning and fat are what gives it most of the flavour.

Honestly I wonder if we're already there for a meat substitute with vastly reduced carbon impact if we just mix some amount of lard and very little of meat with pulled oats.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
juokaa vaan kaljaa

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
The milk cows should just be fitted with catalytic converters for their butts.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Btw there has been a lot of talk about there being too few new people to fund the pyramid scheme known as "pensions". I got a solution, limit all current and future pensions to 2000 €. People on toimeentulotuki live on far less, so it should not be a problem.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

What do old people need money for anyway? They can't drink or gently caress anymore.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

doverhog posted:

What do old people need money for anyway? They can't drink or gently caress anymore.

Gambling

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It's really creepy that you can just feed your credit card into an yksikätinen rosvo these days, that can't be beneficial to anybody

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Rappaport posted:

It's really creepy that you can just feed your credit card into an yksikätinen rosvo these days, that can't be beneficial to anybody

You can't actually gamble with credit, for what it's worth.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Catpain Slack posted:

You can't actually gamble with credit, for what it's worth.

Somewhere, a kok youth shed a single tear and she doesn't know why :(

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
These newfangled machines with their 100 different games are lame anyway. Bring back real jokeripokeri

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

bloom posted:

These newfangled machines with their 100 different games are lame anyway. Bring back real jokeripokeri

kakkosella voittaa aina

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

kuka vittu teistä meni savolaiseen amikseen heilumaan moran kanssa? jumalauta

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Not even a mora, an actual sword apparently.

Not to downplay the deceased, but when was the last time someone killed someone with a sword in Finland?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/PoliisiIS/status/1179010544625426432

Notice that they're saying he was born in Finland, but not if he grew up as a Finn. WHAT ARE THEY HIDING??

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Se on joku helvetin kuvalautakusipää kuitenkin

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

DarkCrawler posted:

Not to downplay the deceased, but when was the last time someone killed someone with a sword in Finland?

there prolly are some bizarre cases of crime history just like that woman who shot an immobile man with a crossbow, but a safe bet might be during the unrests of 1917. ACAB (all cossacks are bastards)

Forktoss posted:

Se on joku helvetin kuvalautakusipää kuitenkin

ite veikkaisin larppaajaa, kieltäkää minecraft

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Joku animehyypiö on taas huidellut katanallaan

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

bloom posted:

Joku animehyypiö on taas huidellut katanallaan

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
https://www.iltalehti.fi/kotimaa/a/c48516be-7905-4845-94e7-bbd9d02fd545

quote:

Nainen kuvailee luokkatoveriaan ”fiksuksi nörtiksi”.

– Vähän yksinäinen sielu hän on.

yup

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

DarkCrawler posted:

Not quite Finland, but a nazi did a sword attack on a school in Trollhättan in Sweden a few years back, because forrin kids going to that school.

But yeah since this one's totally an incel.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Savon samurai taisi onnistua nirhaisemaan poliisiakin, olikohan sillä myös shurikeneja repussa

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Nenonen posted:

Savon samurai

lmao

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://youtu.be/PYfUvW_3C3U

Kairo Seijuro ei olisi hyväksynyt tätä.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Literally a koulukiusattu sword wielding incel. Too bad he didn't play wow and drop out of school, or start doing drugs, or kill himself, or something else more productive than an attempted murder spree.

(Attempted because despite using a sword only 1 person died)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Adaptabullshit posted:

https://youtu.be/PYfUvW_3C3U

Kairo Seijuro ei olisi hyväksynyt tätä.

doverhog posted:

Literally a koulukiusattu sword wielding incel. Too bad he didn't play wow and drop out of school, or start doing drugs, or kill himself, or something else more productive than an attempted murder spree.

(Attempted because despite using a sword only 1 person died)

Kuopijo Inselo antautui sioille tarkoituksella päästäkseen kostamaan rikollisille vankilan muurien sisällä. :ninja:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I checked out that one site after I read the news and first it was pages and pages of "WHY HAVEN'T THEY RELEASED ANY DEETS ON THE GUY IS IT BECAUSE HE'S AN INVADER I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS ANYWAY IT WAS AN INVADER AND HIS NAME WAS [name of some foreign-sounding guy the OP has heard of] FROM [nowhere near wherever the crime took place]" and then when the name was released "WHY ARE THEY RELEASING THE NAME? IS IT BECAUSE HE WASN'T AN INVADER? I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS ANYWAY IT'S BECAUSE HE'S NOT AN INVADER" sprinkled with a few dozen "WHY ISN'T SANNA MARIN RESIGNED YET?" and a dollop of "THAT'S NOT A FINNISH NAME HERE LOOK ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA THERE ARE PEOPLE BY THAT NAME ABROAD ANYWAY HE'S ALSO A GYPSY AND HALF ARAB".

E: Anyway ban swords and chans.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
As always, I blame anime.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

does anyone still remember the kuopio town square shooting? lol that was an experience

swords

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Well, they released the name of the swordsman in the name because of the "exceptional and significant event". He's pretty much a Finn by all standards, especially by him apparently mimicking a similar sword attack in Trollhättan, Sweden.

Typical, they steal our sauna while we ape their poo poo.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I don't care what the facts are or what the news tell me. I only care about what is Marco's angle on all of this?

Will he go and protest outside the school, hassle and provoke people and then get arrested while doing the shrimp?

Oh the culprit was white, nevermind. Marco isn't going to do poo poo.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The woman who died was Ukrainian. Imagine traveling from the Ukraine to Finland to be an exchange student and then being killed by some incel turd. Thanks god.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

matti posted:

does anyone still remember the kuopio town square shooting? lol that was an experience

swords

No but I remember the Mikkeli market explosion and also the fact that they used it to advertise Action Force magazine. (Something like "JOS HE OLISIVAT OLLEET MIKKELIN TORILLA NIIN EIPÄ OLISI PALJOA RÄJÄHDELTY" tms.)

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
My favorite moment in Finnish domestic terrorism was after the Turku stabbings when they called Matti Vanhanen for a comment in Aamu-tv or something and the host said "Päivää, Matti Vanhanen." and you could hear how Matti almost reflexively responded with "hyvää päivää" but he quickly corrected himself and said solemnly "Surullista päivää."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Forktoss posted:

My favorite moment in Finnish domestic terrorism was after the Turku stabbings when they called Matti Vanhanen for a comment in Aamu-tv or something and the host said "Päivää, Matti Vanhanen." and you could hear how Matti almost reflexively responded with "hyvää päivää" but he quickly corrected himself and said solemnly "Surullista päivää."

Turns out he had nothing to do with the stabbings.