Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oh HELL yea, the After School Dice Club manga only goes to like chapter 8 translated. Im deffo watching that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Julias posted:

4/20/2020

:420:

You rang?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Chihayafuru seems like the only probable watch for me.

The high school prodigy isekai just sounds like dr stone with more power fantasy and without what makes dr stone good.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Probably gonna watch a couple episodes of the board game one because all the shots of stuff by the Kamo in the teaser made me nostalgic for the time I was a vagrant in Kyoto. I think I slept on the riverbank in one of their establishing shots.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i didn't realize the cautious hero show was told from the goddess's perspective nozaki-kun style, i liked that more than i expected to.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

i didn't realize the cautious hero show was told from the goddess's perspective nozaki-kun style, i liked that more than i expected to.

It helps that it has been blessed with the rare and precious gift of good character animation.

https://twitter.com/ashitanogin/status/1179424737879117825?s=21

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was not expecting Cautious Hero to be just as funny as Kemono Michi. Season looking good

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 2, 2019

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Interesting way they frame the Bookworm anime. The opening scene is from the middle of part 2 of the LN, and then gets used as an excuse to flashback to everything before that, but still provide a vague promise of interesting setting worth staying around for.

The art and animation isn't anything special, functional but not gripping. Main's VA is good.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Ohhhh Six Pack!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Man who suplexed a princess, please cease your vile acts of furrydom.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bestiality

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
core values

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thursday seems like it'll be a busy anime day for me. I'm definitely watching Board Games Club. If I had to pick between Overly Cautious Hero or furry wrestler isekai, which should I go for?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i thought cautious hero was way better but i don't really like the sort of lowbrow physical comedy the wrestler one is going for, in general.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ibblebibble posted:

Thursday seems like it'll be a busy anime day for me. I'm definitely watching Board Games Club. If I had to pick between Overly Cautious Hero or furry wrestler isekai, which should I go for?

Cautious hero has fun character animation and might get some genuine humor out of the premise. Furry Wrestler had a good joke, but the premise of the guy operating a shop of monsters seems really fetishy in a way that probably wouldn't appeal to a bunch of people.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sir, c-could you please stop sniffing that Cerberus' rear end in a top hat? You're nauseating the men.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Having read the raw WN, Bookworm is by far my favorite isekai and I’m really worried about if the anime will do it justice.

It’s difficult to recommend since the really good parts are like 400 chapters past where the English translation dropped off.

Also lol that they literally open with a scene set past that translation.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Bookworm anime has the insurmountable problem of its main character looking like Love Live fanart.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Terrible Opinions posted:

Bookworm anime has the insurmountable problem of its main character looking like Love Live fanart.

What's wrong with that?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i like looking at love live fanart

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

What's wrong with that?
It's a real risky move to remind people of much better media as a normal part of watching your show.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's a real risky move to remind people of much better media as a normal part of watching your show.

This is sometimes true (one of my big problems with the original Pretty Cure is that it kept making me wish I was watching Cardcaptor Sakura instead), but I don't think reminding people of an idol show in a show about papermaking is a problem.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i've never really understood that criticism. i don't want to say other people are wrong for watching stuff with that mindset but it feels like my failure to hit a hangup as unrelated to the story being shown. to just say something is boring and i'd rather be looking at love live fanart, sure, but i don't personally get the specific criticism of "DON'T remind the viewer that better exists" as if i'm going to watch paint dry as long as i dont make out the vague shape of nicomaki on the wall

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Like real talk it only really matters if your show/movie is in that mediocre area where you're willing to watch if there is nothing better to do. So reminding people that there are in fact always better things to do is gonna get them to turn it off. It doesn't really hurt for stuff that's already so bad everyone's already turning it off, or stuff that's good enough to watch on its own merits.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
The tiger mask furry anime was really mediocre

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bookworm and Dice Club were good watches though nothing amazing. Dice Club having a bunch of real board games and not just 1 or 2 shocked me but than I realized it probably wasn't that expensive to clear the rights to use them

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

The oresuki adaptation managed to make an unfunny manga a little funny, so props to it for that

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Triggerhappypilot posted:

The oresuki adaptation managed to make an unfunny manga a little funny, so props to it for that

My main concern is that the manga loses all steam after the opening arc. Worse, Pansy's mostly sidelined, and she's the best character.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Ibblebibble posted:

Cautious Hero had the better first episode. It felt a lot like Konosuba to me. Which is weird, because furry wrestler is made by the person who did Konosuba.

Furry Wrestler was fun enough, but I do hope the series does more than just stretch the 1 joke it currently has.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

First episode of the board game anime was okay. Like the manga, the anime is sincere and wholesome to a fault, but not particularly funny or interesting. I do like the art of the anime better though, and listening to Kiryu teach the rules of mediocre euro games is pretty cool.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Book isekai didn’t look great but I’m also in because it’s the only way I’m finding out more

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah the board game anime is very mellow. I wanted to see mundanely-themed eurogames done up action style like e.g. the non non biyori ruler game but no such luck.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i wanted to see them actually fully play a boardgame instead of skipping through 90% of it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Board game club movie will be them playing the GoT boardgame for 6 hours.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Should of went with full on Saki style action for Board game anime

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Mulderman posted:

Furry Wrestler was fun enough, but I do hope the series does more than just stretch the 1 joke it currently has.
Like konosuba it keeps introducing more characters who are all dumb in their own unique ways

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

That's ameritrash.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Overly Cautious Hero was good with extremely big Konosuba energy.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

Or go old school, bring out Diplomacy and watch the club break up by the end of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ibblebibble posted:

Overly Cautious Hero was good with extremely big Konosuba energy.

You guys really weren't kidding about the facial expressions, goddamn :allears:.