Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

KazigluBey posted:

Can somebody help me parse the new modifier in NGU that you can pick up from Perks/Quirks relating to higher level quest items counting for more? The modifier states that the baseline bonus is 1+1per10levels and you can make it better, but wouldn't leveled quest items be worse than individual ones until the point that modifier reads "1+1perlevel" and beyond? Like, what's the game-plan for leveled quest items?

It's a way to compress inventory space if you have too many quest items because you went AFK for 2 hours. So instead of trashing them you merge them and save them for later and have space to actually do the next quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

pixaal posted:

It's a way to compress inventory space if you have too many quest items because you went AFK for 2 hours. So instead of trashing them you merge them and save them for later and have space to actually do the next quest.

Holy poo poo I somehow missed this, and it's a pretty small price at 1500PP too.

Also I just saw the new "Welcome to Evil Mode" perk for a paltry 200PP that adds 200% A/D and an extra 50% drop rate. That's real good!!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

explosivo posted:

Holy poo poo I somehow missed this, and it's a pretty small price at 1500PP too.

Also I just saw the new "Welcome to Evil Mode" perk for a paltry 200PP that adds 200% A/D and an extra 50% drop rate. That's real good!!

It's brand new to 1.0 so don't feel too bad, like everything about this even the fact that leveled quest items do anything more than a level 0 one.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Just never do active quests and you don't have to learn the math

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

something posted:

Well, the sales on Steam today has outpaced even Kongregate which is... Wow. Wooooow.

It's been 15 hours of nonstop action from me, I'm POOPED

Hey congrats! It's great to have seen how NGU has evolved and grown, and going from memory that's quite a payday, worth the work I hope.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eldercain posted:

Just never do active quests and you don't have to learn the math

I sincerely wish I could do that and obtain most Quirks in a relatively small amount of time. I ran active quests for about a month to get the 12th accessory slot a few days ago and have gotten ~300QP idling since then :(

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh, did they get rid of the Patreon link then? :v:

If they did, it's back now. Reddit, Patreon and two different Discords! :v:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
im insanely pumped that my quote made it into the NGU steam trailer but i can't show it off to anyone without having to then explain the concept of idle games and looking like a crazy person. congrats 4g!!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

garfield hentai posted:

im insanely pumped that my quote made it into the NGU steam trailer but i can't show it off to anyone without having to then explain the concept of idle games and looking like a crazy person. congrats 4g!!

I've found it's best to describe cookie clicker. Every time I've done that the person has gone and played Cookie Clicker for several days. Now that they have caught on to the basic concept you can blow their mind with all the other idle games. Make sure you get them talking about a grandma apocalypse in public first. You can now talk about eating books that enslaved ghosts write for you without sounding like you are mad!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
NGU feature request: Filter out perks/quirks/wishes for difficulties not yet unlocked (or make filtering optional, defaulting to filtering out not-yet-unlocked stuff). It's both daunting for new players just unlocking a feature, and visually annoying once you're toward the end of difficulty X, but haven't quite unlocked difficulty Y (which is where I'm at -- my highest boss ever was 299 and I'm about 3/4ths of the way to adventure stats high enough to beat EXILE v4). My screen is cluttered by tons of SADISTIC perks/quirks, with a few evil things I can actually acquire hiding in their midst.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 2, 2019

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

The good news is that NGU runs almost perfectly under Linux via SteamPlay. The bad news is that the IAP buttons do nothing.

Or do you have to have enough money in your steam wallet before the buttons will work?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

mdxi posted:

Or do you have to have enough money in your steam wallet before the buttons will work?

In windows if you don't have enough balance it will prompt you to add funds.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

NGU feature request: Filter out perks/quirks/wishes for difficulties not yet unlocked (or make filtering optional, defaulting to filtering out not-yet-unlocked stuff).

Filtering in general would be great (getting to filter out ones you already have maxed would clear things up so much). Getting to reorder... Perks... helps a bit with those, but since there's not really any consistency to difficulty pricing, it only goes so far. Quirks don't even get that much, and are just all over the place.

Even a minimum default order based on difficulty, rather than the weird chaotic nonsense mess they already have, would alleviate it a fair bit I think.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

magicalblender posted:

I bought this and trained it up to level seven.

It does nothing at all, as far as I can tell. Maybe the actual content is coming in a later update?
level seven? where's the +2 from, I didn't find that

...but I did maximally improve every spell and every action, yes including Sublimate Lore, that I have access to

Still can't get to the dungeon that requires 30 planar lore and I still inevitably lose fights to, among other things, Archons and Ancient Vampires, but that seems unavoidable

pelao
Apr 21, 2010

Merijn posted:

How do I get the splash damage thing?

Warrior's bloodrage trinket in the armory (for gold)

NGU: Anyone using the radlands chest? The blue eye buffs seem too good to lose.

pelao fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 3, 2019

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Still can't get to the dungeon that requires 30 planar lore

This doesn't even seem remotely possible, I can't get above 21 unless there's some stuff locked away that I have not found. I guess I could re-run all the dungeons I ran before and see if they unlock anything? The lack of a real changelog makes me not care too much about trying to progress, I just refresh the page every so often and see what it auto unlocks for me. Skills take days to level up at this point unless I am using focus, and none of them seem to reward anything at the 20/25 breakpoints.

Also as for level 7 of the new skill, you get +2 from Thaumaturge

Cinara fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 3, 2019

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

pelao posted:

NGU: Anyone using the radlands chest? The blue eye buffs seem too good to lose.

No way. Higher overall adventure stats, wish and hack speed? Must-have.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
I am trying to buy the Stupid Newbie Pack on Steam, but nothing happens when I click the button.

Edit: Aha, Steam Wallet. Gotta find out what that is.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 3, 2019

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
6 weeks later I realize what NGU stands for

Also I've mostly maxed the beardverse

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Even with enough money in my Steam Wallet I can't buy the Stupid Newbie Pack. Hmm

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

NGU feature request: Filter out perks/quirks/wishes for difficulties not yet unlocked (or make filtering optional, defaulting to filtering out not-yet-unlocked stuff). It's both daunting for new players just unlocking a feature, and visually annoying once you're toward the end of difficulty X, but haven't quite unlocked difficulty Y (which is where I'm at -- my highest boss ever was 299 and I'm about 3/4ths of the way to adventure stats high enough to beat EXILE v4). My screen is cluttered by tons of SADISTIC perks/quirks, with a few evil things I can actually acquire hiding in their midst.

This is probably the first thing i'm adding in an update, post-steam. a total revampled system to both filter out and sort perks/quirks/wishes by popularly asked criteria. Just got to figure out the least jank UI i can add in.

Hryme posted:

Even with enough money in my Steam Wallet I can't buy the Stupid Newbie Pack. Hmm

what's the issue, you click the buy buttons and nothing pops up at all? What's your steam display name if you're willing to say here?

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

something posted:

This is probably the first thing i'm adding in an update, post-steam. a total revampled system to both filter out and sort perks/quirks/wishes by popularly asked criteria. Just got to figure out the least jank UI i can add in.

what's the issue, you click the buy buttons and nothing pops up at all? What's your steam display name if you're willing to say here?

I click the buy buttons in the sellout shop and nothing happens at all. My steam display name is Hryme

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
In my database it shows you're successfully initiating the purchase, not sure why it fails after...

What hardware are you on?

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
I am on a standard desktop PC. Running Windows 10

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Problem was solved, the TL;DR is - you need the steam overlay enabled to use in app purchases. :science:

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Yes thanks for the quick customer support :)

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

something posted:

Problem was solved, the TL;DR is - you need the steam overlay enabled to use in app purchases. :science:

That solved it for me as well.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Theres a couple of display bugs with the new NGU

Particularly when you mouseover the hot pants from radlands, the tooltip box goes off the screen. The top of the tooltip box is flush with the top of the icon for hotpants, instead of being e.g. centered vertically, so it goes off screen, regardless of resolution.

Perhaps not a bug but still pretty weird; when you increase the resolution the text increases size as well, making it kinda pointless to increase the resolution

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cinara posted:

This doesn't even seem remotely possible, I can't get above 21 unless there's some stuff locked away that I have not found. I guess I could re-run all the dungeons I ran before and see if they unlock anything? The lack of a real changelog makes me not care too much about trying to progress, I just refresh the page every so often and see what it auto unlocks for me. Skills take days to level up at this point unless I am using focus, and none of them seem to reward anything at the 20/25 breakpoints.

Also as for level 7 of the new skill, you get +2 from Thaumaturge
I have no idea either, I don't know if there are class bonuses? I have 23 from uh, some furniture or some poo poo, plus a loving shitload of Starcharts.

is Nature Lore the only truly uncapped skill because you can Travel for more of it veeeeeery slowly or are there others I'm missing?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

something i just noticed my amulet and looty are now transformable. goddamn you.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

Theres a couple of display bugs with the new NGU

Particularly when you mouseover the hot pants from radlands, the tooltip box goes off the screen. The top of the tooltip box is flush with the top of the icon for hotpants, instead of being e.g. centered vertically, so it goes off screen, regardless of resolution.

Perhaps not a bug but still pretty weird; when you increase the resolution the text increases size as well, making it kinda pointless to increase the resolution

Not sure I get the 2nd one - for some people with high res monitors the game window is too tiny so they bump up the resolution to make the window as a whole and everything in it bigger. If text stayed the same size it would still be unreadably small for them.

At any rate the resizing happens at the unity engine level.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have no idea either, I don't know if there are class bonuses? I have 23 from uh, some furniture or some poo poo, plus a loving shitload of Starcharts.

is Nature Lore the only truly uncapped skill because you can Travel for more of it veeeeeery slowly or are there others I'm missing?

craft gems to grind max crafting

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Arcanum version Build#154: That lategame ichor from dungeons? We can make godsblood potions now. I have no idea what they do, but drinking one sounds like a really good idea.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you're a witch then demonology and spirit lore are both infinite from Witch's Sabbat, but it doesn't raise their exp gain rate so good luck.

Arcanuse posted:

Arcanum version Build#154: That lategame ichor from dungeons? We can make godsblood potions now. I have no idea what they do, but drinking one sounds like a really good idea.

They give 300 maximum life for 3600 seconds

Cinara fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 3, 2019

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Weird hardware-y thing for NGU Steam:

If I leave it running and lock my laptop and come back later the laptop is gunning the fans pretty hard and running hot. I log back in, leave the game running, boot other stuff as well, and it cools back down. What gives? Some weird Unity thing?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lmao, jerma was playing your game today on stream 4g

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cinara posted:

If you're a witch then demonology and spirit lore are both infinite from Witch's Sabbat, but it doesn't raise their exp gain rate so good luck.
oh sick

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

craft gems to grind max crafting
That does that? Explains why my max crafting is 37, I was genuinely curious.

(also the new memorized spell mechanic is real drat good, I can actually win fights now that I have this new Drain Life spell and also six other memorized spells)

(still no real endgame though)

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Does anyone know what the requirement to unlock Whisper is? I'm restarting so I can be evil and see more lategame stuff, and I always end up running out of skill points 3-5 skills before I get whisper.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Omi no Kami posted:

Does anyone know what the requirement to unlock Whisper is? I'm restarting so I can be evil and see more lategame stuff, and I always end up running out of skill points 3-5 skills before I get whisper.

Spirit lore. something less than 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Oh hey, that's easy enough- thanks!