Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Unless it’s Big Ben

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Remember when Andrew Luck used to congratulate players who hit him? At least those hits were legal.

Stop defending Burfict.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Except the ones who bail out and retire at like 23 I guess. Didn't some dude on the 9ers do that a few years ago?

Chris Borland

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Chris Borland

Glen Coffee too a while before that.

He might have been crazy though, or just crazy on religion, I didn't keep up with the story.

e: looked him up, he tried to come back and got cut before the season, now he's apparently on Nick Saban's staff at Bama. Or was in 2017 at least.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Blitz stop defending Burfict.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Im doing an american football crash course with pizza and alcohol tomorrow for my Japanese coworkers. Im limited in games from the last week I can show them, so im going with Ravens/Browns as its kind of close for the first half and then becomes a points bonanza. I feel like thats a good way to show how it all works.

Thoughts?

Can you at least show highlights from last year’s Chiefs/Rams game through YouTube or something? Show them some razzle dazzle.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

BrownThunder posted:

Blitz stop defending Burfict.

Throw away your James Harrison XXL jersey first

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1179411314931834880?s=20

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

for some reason even though I've seen all these games or at least know how they ended I had no idea that some of these teams would be on here

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can this please stop

https://twitter.com/GManzano24/status/1179256932802142210?s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play posted:

for some reason even though I've seen all these games or at least know how they ended I had no idea that some of these teams would be on here

It takes awhile for preseason / week 1 narratives to fade away and for people to realize, oh huh, the Lions and Buccaneers are actually playing pretty good, and the Browns had a horrificially bad month but are still 2-2, and even the Steelers' nightmare month leaves them only 1 game back right now.

Also holy poo poo there's only 3 teams in the AFC with a winning record currently.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Literally never trust a player about their own injuries. They will downplay it hard

It's almost like they're in a hypermasculine environment that views getting injured as a weakness.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Getting injured is a weakness in the NFL.

You'd like to pretend otherwise, but that's simply how it is. If you get hurt and someone performs better then you, then you just lost your loving job. If you get hurt and can't play, and your backup goes in and fucks things up and your team loses the game, then you hosed up and lost the game because you weren't there to stop it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chichevache posted:

It's almost like they're in a hypermasculine environment that views getting injured as a weakness.

Or the lack of guaranteed contracts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Also holy poo poo there's only 3 teams in the AFC with a winning record currently.

That's the main thing. The Raiders are .500 at 2-2 lol

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Blitz7x posted:

Throw away your James Harrison XXL jersey first

I bought that for you when you switched from Broncos fandom to Patriots fandom and you promised you were gonna slim down. Also this has nothing to do with Burfict. Stop defending him

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sweet thursday posted:

Or the lack of guaranteed contracts

I remember a few baseball players who were stars but not absolutely top of the game guys sitting out for over a year with concussions. Hockey too although that was Crosby who was like the biggest star they had.

What's the longest anyone who didn't retire because of it sat out with concussion symptoms in the NFL?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

What

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1179415017818673155?s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Buh......

I saw a bunch of analytics stuff that led to the conclusion it was Baker being dumb and holding the ball that was causing the line to look bad but what.....

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Trent Brown

https://twitter.com/EddiePaskal/status/1179371593090371585

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

There it is

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1179442509820432384

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

It takes awhile for preseason / week 1 narratives to fade away and for people to realize, oh huh, the Lions and Buccaneers are actually playing pretty good, and the Browns had a horrificially bad month but are still 2-2, and even the Steelers' nightmare month leaves them only 1 game back right now.

Raiders on there is the surprise to me, I think most of us would have said they were the "favorite" for last place in the AFCW, followed by Denver. The entire Chargers' roster dying has really given them an opening.

But also it's only been 4 weeks so this is all kind of meaningless wanking anyway :pseudo:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

just gettin a perm, nbd

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

All the chargers have left at WR are keenan Allen, andre patton, and garemy davis

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

It's fine Miami wants to tank but it loving sucks there's still going to be injuries in the games they play for both teams. Just a complete waste for everyone involved every time Miami steps on to a field.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

All the chargers have left at WR are keenan Allen, andre patton, and garemy davis

Time to establish the run.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Time to establish the run.

I mean you know Gordon or Ekeler is gonna go down this week

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I'd tell you to give up on the team that left you but I know you won't because of Rivers reasons. I also think you're being sent a message in some fashion over and over again and it's just going to get worse from here on out.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Well, hopefully Jackson took that bullet.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'd tell you to give up on the team that left you but I know you won't because of Rivers reasons. I also think you're being sent a message in some fashion over and over again and it's just going to get worse from here on out.

My Champions

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1179068111409934336?s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
news: staff

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1179345926730797056?s=20

views: good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This was seriously beautiful even if it made me do the surrender cobra watching the game. There's a better view from behind Stafford out there somewhere where you can see exactly how tight the window was.

e: oops it's probably in there, I just glanced at the first few seconds.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It was a very nice throw for sure but it's also somewhat of a lucky throw and a short one so I would not say it's the best of the season

I will say that Stafford looked better in that game than I've seen from him in a long time. I wonder if he can consistently deliver that kind of performance

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1179459958313754626?s=20

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

well at least he got to see them win one championship

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1179462858595340289?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's been trash so this makes perfect sense.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well, not like whomever we get could be any worse then Ghost was this year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wtf

He hasn't been himself this year but I didn't think he was actually dead. The Pats have only had 2 kickers through my entire adult life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There would be some serious symmetry if the Patriots dynasty begins & ends with a kicker.