Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who is cucking who

#standforthewwe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't read the first tweet as coming out but I definitely read the second tweet as getting cold feet about coming out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I mean, only one with cold feet would be Jack, but i'm betting that Jack being the son of a celebrity that there were people pounding on their doors wanting to know if they were gay

Takuan
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/harryruiz/status/1178782028830932993

Brock Lesnar: Gets heat by beating up a teenager.
Pentagon Jr: Sosten mi Tecate.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

the punchsport polycule

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lesnar vs pentagon jr would probably be a hell of a match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
it'd be brock suplexing pentagon a couple times, then brock sitting in an armbar maybe a chair shot to the back or stomach all before a F5 and brock winning

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sticky Nate posted:

the punchsport polycule
In a previous life, I was in a polycule that seemed to be threatening to take over all of Seattle like the loving Borg.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

LividLiquid posted:

In a previous life, I was in a polycule that seemed to be threatening to take over all of Seattle like the loving Borg.

As in a Borg that fucks?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

i tolerate most of you

Even me!?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

That's the kind of masculinity we need

Yeah, I got instantly that it was just supportive guys showing affection publicly after being great friends.

Hope there's more to come in society :3:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I hug my guy friends and tell them I love them all the time. Hug more men.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i get a lot of "where's my hug?" from people, and I wish they wouldn't act like that. probably the best thing you Can do if you want to hug someone is to have a good understanding of your relationship with them and to know that you are pretty close or that they are rather affectionate toward their buds. so for anyone who hasn't tried to engage you in a hug already, you can ask them if they would like a hug. I bet everyone here does appropriate hugs only. but some people really pressure about hugs just because the person they want to hug is hot and sexy

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Shine posted:

I'm worried my hugs aren't as warm and comforting as they could be. Any workout tips for improving my arms and chest for maximum snuggliness?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Wazzu posted:

I'm worried my hugs aren't as warm and comforting as they could be. Any workout tips for improving my arms and chest for maximum snuggliness?

Pec flyes for sure, but really the key to a warm hug is a warm heart. Envision your guy friends as giant, stupid puppies and hug them accordingly.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
every time someone initiates a hug w/ me i feel bad for them as i am an ugly goblin

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Gumball Gumption posted:

It mostly reads as a coming out tweet because we have really dumb ideas about friendship between two men.
I honestly wouldn't have thought it was one without "share my life," though. And I think that was the clincher for most people.

(Also, if you look at the replies and quote tweets, there were a *lot* from Gay Wrestling Twitter, so this wasn't just dumb straight dudes like me reading it that way.)

davidbix fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 2, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I detest hugs with people I don't know real well (thanks ptsd!) and it's always super awkward when people are like "can I get a hug?" and I'm like "no."

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

davidbix posted:

I honestly wouldn't have thought it was one without "share my life," though. And I think that was the clincher for most people.

(Also, if you look at the replies and quote tweets, there were a *lot* from Gay Wrestling Twitter, so this wasn't just dumb straight dudes like me reading it that way.)

Yeah, same here. It's not the 'I love you' that is getting people paying attention. It's the stuff about sharing their life together which I don't think friends usually say unless they're kids. You can put it down to awkward phrasing, but I still can't read it any other way.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I detest hugs with people I don't know real well (thanks ptsd!) and it's always super awkward when people are like "can I get a hug?" and I'm like "no."

one of my best friends and i made matching “dont touch me” tank tops we would wear to punk shows when we were in high school.
edit: this wasn’t like a tough guy thing and we just hung out in the back but the shirts worked, sry this post just made me remember that weird facet of teen time

WatermelonGun fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 2, 2019

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_0aeIO2Sk

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Spikegal posted:

Even me!?

Especially you

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

*faints*

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The teeming masses look up at me and shout "hug us!"

And I whisper "...no"

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Wazzu posted:

Yeah, I got instantly that it was just supportive guys showing affection publicly after being great friends.

Hope there's more to come in society :3:

So do I!

Still think that tweet read as coming out.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Shine posted:

Good! gently caress. Men are socialized to be such assholes to one-another "because that's how friends act."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what about a friendly belly to belly suplah

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/1179474324933115905

incredibly cursed image

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the whistleblower was shane omac all along

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

LividLiquid posted:

Good! gently caress. Men are socialized to be such assholes to one-another "because that's how friends act."

Me and my friends are mean to each other but we also hug each other and say we love each other. :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yang (or his social media intern) realizing they could suck up to wrestling fans has been one of the funnier tidbits of the last few weeks.

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1179453479036710912

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1179480248112631810

should've left his account deleted

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Yang (or his social media intern) realizing they could suck up to wrestling fans has been one of the funnier tidbits of the last few weeks.

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1179453479036710912

Andrew Yang: Tweeting about AEW
Bernie Sanders: Faking heart problem so he can skip gun safety forum and watch AEW live
Kamala Harris: watching NXT

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I mean, I at least prefer this over Uncle Paul's bullshit "I hope we all put on great shows for the real important people... THE FANS" while making every move transparently possible to try and kill the competition in the crib.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

seth rollins is just unfamiliar with the concepts of having fun or doing well

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Xavier gonna bolt for AEW when he gets the chance isn't he.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Xavier gonna bolt for Mixer when he gets the chance isn't he.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/wwebige/status/1179476966031921156?s=21

Big E did the bit better.

Also, now I want to see New Day vs. Jurassic Express where Xavier lords his PhD over Luchasaurus’s lowly Masters degree.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I feel like they're going to break up The New Day by Wrestlemania

Considering Xavier and Kofi said they'd retire if and when they break up TND, I don't really blame Xavier for wanting to get out of there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think Xavier technically never finished his PhD. I'm pretty sure I remember him talking about it during one of the BotB episodes.