Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008
With the nightfall changes, do the challenge cards in our inventories do anything anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Fly Molo posted:

-are there any new gun perks? I haven’t seen them

I searched the database for any new things tagged as "Trait" or "Intrinsic" and all I found were the new exotic perks and a new copy of Rampage that I'm assuming is the un-nerfed version that Huckleberry got to keep. So if there are new behavioral perks for guns, they're hidden at the moment.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JackGeneric posted:

I searched the database for any new things tagged as "Trait" or "Intrinsic" and all I found were the new exotic perks and a new copy of Rampage that I'm assuming is the un-nerfed version that Huckleberry got to keep. So if there are new behavioral perks for guns, they're hidden at the moment.

absolutely no one:
Bungie: we don't have to balance new traits to avoid power creep, if we don't add any new traits!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Maybe they’re saving the good stuff for the back half but I’ve played for a distressing amount of time with zero random new loot

Yeah, this is has been extremely barren. Imagine if Forsaken had launched with 0 new random loot?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"Aw jeez while I'm here, guess I'll just buy some Silver!"

Yeah, that's probably exactly why they did it. On the bright side, Tess is now useless.

Ionicpsycho
Dec 25, 2006
The Shortbus Avenger.

Akuma posted:

Feels a bit weird to be running around the moon doing bounties and getting helium. Almost like I've done this before. A lot.

I swear to God, the chest locations are even in the same exact spots. I don't remember why I so aggressively farmed helium.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ionicpsycho posted:

I swear to God, the chest locations are even in the same exact spots. I don't remember why I so aggressively farmed helium.

You wanted whichever exotic sword it was that required it :suicide:

Destiny definitely trades on nostalgia too much but drat if I didn't get the same feels. I can't wait to go down into the underground zones, the downtime last night meant I wasn't able to grind far enough to make it safe.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ionicpsycho posted:

Fallen still get hosed by AI pathing on that one building at archer's line by hopping to the roof and back to the ground repeatedly, and there's still a knight down the hill behind that dome that gets loving poo poo on every time I go back there because he just stands there staring at me like an idiot.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I remember getting the void sword on a void Titan

That sucked rear end lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah this DLC is barebones as all gently caress.

But the armor 2.0 lets me have some fun builds.

I can run Last Word with a backup plan Erenril, adv HC targetting, adv reload for fusion and HC, HC dexterity, traction, small arms unflinching and fusion unflinching. Tier 23. Oh gently caress its strong. I can flick between the erentil like lighting with backup plan proced.

And i feel really fast too. Faster than before the update even with tier 5 mobility.

do you have the class item mod that gives you bonus super energy on fusion kills?

In other news, the expansion repeats a lot of stuff, but the new armor and weapon system is so great idgaf

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Numbers are just coming out, it looks like hand cannon range got skullfucked pretty hard. There’s now a cap of 28m range for handcannons before drop-off starts, 30m if it has rangefinder.

Ace is now something like 28m/26.5m with Memento Mori up (I guess to “balance” the extra damage)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, ranges on hand cannons and pulses were brought way down to give scouts room to work.

Ideal ranges for hand cannons are under 30m now, pulses are 30-40m and scouts are 40m+

Gonna be fun vaporizing hand cannon bros with my fusion.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

CheeseFactory posted:

These crucible match makimg times are loving awful.

Why did these idiots add 5 new playlists

They really, really don't want people playing Classic 6 (the only Playlist with CBMM now). It has the tiniest icon.

SBMM Control is the big central icon so you'd best believe that's where the main population is.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
One of the things that always irks me about these big expansions and the light level increase is that I get comfortable playing with my chosen weapons and then all of a sudden I have to play through the whole new story with whatever happens to drop. That makes for an uncomfortable playing experience. I haven’t gotten to focus much on the story because I’ve been so frustrated with the 7 scout rifles I got dropped in a row.

Seriously.

I had to do the whole escape mission with a scout rifle in both my kinetic and energy slots and a slow-rear end rocket launcher in my power slot. That’s not fun. Make the game fun, Bungie.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They rereleased everyone’s favorite Destiny 1 expansion. That’s fun!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Daric posted:

One of the things that always irks me about these big expansions and the light level increase is that I get comfortable playing with my chosen weapons and then all of a sudden I have to play through the whole new story with whatever happens to drop. That makes for an uncomfortable playing experience. I haven’t gotten to focus much on the story because I’ve been so frustrated with the 7 scout rifles I got dropped in a row.

Seriously.

I had to do the whole escape mission with a scout rifle in both my kinetic and energy slots and a slow-rear end rocket launcher in my power slot. That’s not fun. Make the game fun, Bungie.

You know you can still infuse poo poo right?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Daric posted:

Seriously.

Tbh it's fun to use what I'm not comfortable with because it's taught me that SMGs are really good now. I had a rampage/explosive head bow drop for me and it also taught me that's a fun combo as you don't actually have to aim because a single stack of rampage turns it into a OHK bodyshot on acolytes.

Don't be such a fuddy duddy, have fun!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
No I get that, but especially with the new nightmare system, double scout rifles is less than ideal!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

MOON

Only registered members can see post attachments!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You have become the moon master

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Release 5 exotic hand cannons and make the beat weapons in the game hand cannons and then nerf them into oblivion. Gg

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
:honk:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

do you have the class item mod that gives you bonus super energy on fusion kills?

In other news, the expansion repeats a lot of stuff, but the new armor and weapon system is so great idgaf

I do. But i use a year 2 mark with scavenger instead since the super gains seem meaningless and i stack other perks on the arms and legs.

This is the class in action.

https://youtu.be/UFOcgWRPU2g

Most of my points are in agility and discipline

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Release 5 exotic hand cannons and make the beat weapons in the game hand cannons and then nerf them into oblivion. Gg

Last word still good. I need to test its range today to see if it changed

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

Last word still good. I need to test its range today to see if it changed

From that same thread on reddit, it’s range went down too, just not as much as Ace or Spare Rations. From 20m to 18m before drop-off, give or take.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

good goose

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

The 140/150 HCs are a lot more fun at least

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm using a crappy blue hand cannon but it seems to have way more view bounce on fire than I remember, is that part of the changes?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So is the expansion good

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Calaveron posted:

So is the expansion good

That depends, its 80% recycled assets from all across D1 and 2 but it's fine otherwise.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

From that same thread on reddit, it’s range went down too, just not as much as Ace or Spare Rations. From 20m to 18m before drop-off, give or take.

It was 22 before. But maybe they were testing hip fire?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I haven't played Destiny 2 since the base game came out. I got Shadowkeep, is there any reason to play any of the expansions that came out between then and now?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Has the PS4 exclusive stuff become available on Bone now? I know there's a PvP map that was exclusive, was there anything else?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
They all have good and bad pieces. Opulence was probably the best of the recent stuff. The Forsaken story is pretty cool so if you have time, I'd go back and play that.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SUNKOS posted:

Has the PS4 exclusive stuff become available on Bone now? I know there's a PvP map that was exclusive, was there anything else?

pvp map, pve strike, gun

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

It was 22 before. But maybe they were testing hip fire?

Looks like they tested and found 18m hip fire, 20m ADS. So yeah, a ~2m nerf, which basically means a buff to shotguns in the current meta.

Pouring one out for all my dead Ricochet Rounds sidearms, RIP

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Daric posted:

One of the things that always irks me about these big expansions and the light level increase is that I get comfortable playing with my chosen weapons and then all of a sudden I have to play through the whole new story with whatever happens to drop. That makes for an uncomfortable playing experience.
I never do that. I've been doing everything but the story, getting drops and leveling up the pass. I'm close to 900 now and only just started using armor 2.0 stuff and doing the campaign. made things much less painful.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think you're saying you used whatever stuff dropped during the 750-900 climb, which is what Daric said he didn't like? I think? I'm confused by your post tbh

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah, like I got the Cerberus+1 catalyst almost immediately upon jumping in but I can't afford to continuously dump enhancement cores into it while going through the story so it's just sitting there, by the wayside, while I use a series of scout rifles and sidearms living out my own nightmare.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I have no loving idea how the new armor upgrades work and it looks expensive and confusing. I'm at 803 light, I'll figure it out when I round out 900.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

SUNKOS posted:

There's a strike that is incredibly unfun to play but at least it gives you information about whom the Mindbender fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Don't worry about spending any currency until you figure it out. Planet mats, cores, shards, and weapon parts accumulate naturally when you don't give a gently caress. Upgrading isn't advisable for new/returning players until you have an idea of what's important to you.

Yes, it absolutely sucks not having enough currency to spend. I started from scratch on pc in the beginning of 2019. Knowing what you want to keep helps you budget your resources. The currency grind is awful.