Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

don't use facebook. at best its a russian datamining operation and at worst its an online front for whitepower recruitment

True, but also the entire internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Great exchange at the beginning of the WO. You can just tell that Dave is going to be telling people Bryan's kid is named after Puff the Magic Dragon for years to come now.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

what was the final straw for getting rid of callers on WOL?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
going to make the safest bet in history and say “Ryan from Cumberland”

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Was he the brock vs braun mma guy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Either that or John from Memphis talking through the break every time

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

jesus WEP posted:

i have a better idea for you wrt this and every slapfight on facebook
I realize "don't argue on Facebook" is a great way to keep yourself more mentally healthy, but people posting bigoted bullshit absolutely need to be challenged at every turn, because other people are watching, and they need to know this stuff will be fought.

And that's how they win. By not really believing in anything and just posting bullshit and never learning anything, they exhaust the reasonable out of arguing with them, and then they're free to be bigoted shits.

Fight on Facebook. Fight on Twitter. Fight on SA. Fight everywhere. Right is right no matter where you are.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

PaybackJack posted:

Great exchange at the beginning of the WO. You can just tell that Dave is going to be telling people Bryan's kid is named after Puff the Magic Dragon for years to come now.

Bryan had more restraint there than I would have.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

yea ok posted:

It seems like they have a really lovely way of screening/queueing calls. I get Bryan’s schtick of calling everyone and everything an idiot but if it keeps confusing people maybe the problem isn’t with them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

illcendiary posted:

It seems like they have a really lovely way of screening/queueing calls. I get Bryan’s schtick of calling everyone and everything an idiot but if it keeps confusing people maybe the problem isn’t with them.

They don't screen anything which is why they get such lovely calls.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I'm pretty sure I called in once and there was no screener or prep

e: it might have been another wrestling radio show. Call In Radio is complete trash anyway. No one wants to hear your stupid opinions.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
The Review-a-Wai original links are down :smith: so many fond memories staying up all night as a teenager to listen to them.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
every show that takes calls should stop taking calls

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Calls are worth it for when the person calling in is completely awful and the hosts just dunk on them but otherwise yes

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

yea ok posted:

It was me, re-enacting Someone In Back with a David Cross soundboard.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Bryan disingenuously misinterpreting what a nervous/trying to be funny caller said was like half the fun of that show though. I guess now I can look forward to him disingenuously misinterpreting texts.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Calls are worth it for when the person calling in is completely awful and the hosts just dunk on them but otherwise yes

Nah. It may feel cool in the moment but oftentimes it’s punching down.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'm not proud to admit I listened to Jim Rome a lot as a teenager, but I do have fond memories of some his callers, like the guy with the amputee fetish and the call about Larry Brown's crank.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I'm not proud to admit I listened to Jim Rome a lot as a teenager, but I do have fond memories of some his callers, like the guy with the amputee fetish and the call about Larry Brown's crank.

Same. I listened to a call where the guy they switched to was on hold in the middle of a sales call so we got to hear him slang meat (or something). It was pretty great. I still remember where I was when I heard that call.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

yeah I'm pretty sure I called in once and there was no screener or prep

e: it might have been another wrestling radio show. Call In Radio is complete trash anyway. No one wants to hear your stupid opinions.

Busted Open has the worst callers of all time. It's like all the posts from the bad opinions thread being read out loud.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

nitro opening strong with a ladder match for the right to gently caress a plastic duck

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 2, 2019

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Is it this week?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_qmZPdZcI

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Are we sure bagwell didn’t impregnate the duck!?!?!?!

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

All these years later and I find out this isn't a TNA clip wtf

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
60 is like a hundred in wrestler years and what 200 in soccer player years?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I know I'm very late to this because I read Bryan's WWE book exclusively in the bathroom, but what the actual hell @ the Jordan Peterson quote in the section about Wrestling With Shadows??

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 2, 2019

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm listening to Monday's WOL show for the caller thing and yikes I can see why Bryan decided to not take calls anymore. (One just dumb take and another caller who wasn't ready when Bryan put him on the air.)

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

A shame. I was gonna call WOL and recreate this:

https://youtu.be/F9PbfdCIl-s

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know I'm very late to this because I read Bryan's WWE book exclusively in the bathroom, but what the actual hell @ the Jordan Peterson quote in the section about Wrestling With Shadows??

Come again??

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's not smart folks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

What about DB's personality makes you think he wouldn't easily be taken in by a snake oil salesman?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

What about DB's personality makes you think he wouldn't easily be taken in by a snake oil salesman?

Alvarez not Danielson

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The question still works

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

alvarez would get confused during the pitch and start yelling, probably at rob regardless if he's there or not

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

“That wasn’t snake oil you idiot, are you kiddin me? It was ah-sum!”

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sleepwalkers posted:

Come again??

He's talking about how good the Bret documentary is, then just drops in something like "even University Of Toronto professor Jordan Peterson says it's the best documentary about anything ever", apropos of nothing.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 2, 2019

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

He's talking about how good the Bret documentary is, then just drops in something like "even University Of Toronto professor Jordan Peterson says it's the best documentary about anything ever", apropos of nothing.

Sounds like he was just looking for a cheap appeal to authority.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
he probably literally googled to see if any “famous” people had something to say about it and that was what he landed on

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bryan extremely doesn’t seem like a jbp kinda guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

jesus WEP posted:

bryan extremely doesn’t seem like a jbp kinda guy

"clean your room... .... WHAT?! you kiddin' me?"