Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

goblin week posted:

There's a strike that is incredibly unfun to play but at least it gives you information about whom the Mindbender fucks.

You've also probably already been to the spot it's in if you did the Polaris Lance quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Has reddit figured out the power level break points? I'm putzing through the campaign, so I want to know when I should start dumping my 15k crucible tokens

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

el B posted:

Has reddit figured out the power level break points? I'm putzing through the campaign, so I want to know when I should start dumping my 15k crucible tokens

Do the campaign and you'll be like 850 at the end

Then play 5 games of Crucible and you'll be 900

Once you're 900, a TON of "Powerfuls" appear all over the Tower and the Space Map. They're separated into Tier 1 (Gives a +1) and Tier 2 (Gives a +2)

Yep. 900 to 950 on the back of +1 and +2 upgrades

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
There’s also a free powerful on the Bungie Rewards page but I’d wait until you hit 900 for it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
gently caress that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have a quest to do destination bounties but Eris bounties don’t seem to advance it, does it only mean new light/forsaken destinations?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I just watched a cut scene with ikora on the moon. As far as aesthetics goes, I've always been a function over form destiny player. But gd do I look hideous.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Fly Molo posted:

Looks like they tested and found 18m hip fire, 20m ADS. So yeah, a ~2m nerf, which basically means a buff to shotguns in the current meta.

Pouring one out for all my dead Ricochet Rounds sidearms, RIP

Yeah my RR Smugglers lost 2 meters. Not terrible but pretty unnecessary

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I can really feel the range nerf on my Blast Furnace. I’m now getting outgunned by snipers. Wtf bungo.

Is the “beyond” enter the thing (spoilers) the last mission? The campaign has been a bit of a slog with getting the armor pieces. I think on my second character I’m going to just go around and kill all the nightmares, collect all the essences, purify them all at once before turning any in. They all stack with each other objective-wise.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

el B posted:

I just watched a cut scene with ikora on the moon. As far as aesthetics goes, I've always been a function over form destiny player. But gd do I look hideous.

I always keep a stack of about 20 Metallic Purple shaders and replenish them for 250 constantly. I normally keep my character covered in the main shader.

When that cutscene happened, I was covered in a bunch of random blues. My character had that mask on that looks like a Imperial Guard helmet from Star Wars, but with bug eyes. It literally looked like my character was going, "HUUUUURRRRR."

What is the best way to get a recorded video clip onto the internet? The website I was using has become more and more hideous and ad infested.

I got killed by an Ogre, and my body just started doing 360s in the air for a solid ten seconds, but in place. It was like I was falling down invisible stairs while stationary.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
"XBOX, RECORD THAT!"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I got one of the new strikes, the one with the big witch, and it was pretty fun despite the elevator sequence being too long and I assume just being a retread of the probably final mission but with multiplayer based on bungies track record
Also good to see this game's got so much enemy variety with hive, frosty hive, and now red hive

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I got the Ace catalyst at the end a comp game. Also the solo queue comp list was actually fun, managed to win my first 8 games before losing one. I was always 2nd or 3rd on my team, just figured out which of my teammates was decent to good and followed them around. Early on there was a game or two where the other team didn't even bother with the heavy ammo and I fought(killed) a couple of people using bows. Maybe I just got lucky...

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I had a really good experience with comp last week even though I’d never played a single game before then. Went 11-2 playing solo in the games i was able to get in. I’m excited to try the solo playlist now. I ended up at like 1600 at the end of the week so i know if I’d continued playing I’d could have hit fabled before too long.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I actually enjoy using different guns while leveling up, it's been a while since I've used an SMG or a fusion rifle that isn't Jotunn

god I miss Jotunn though :(

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Did they make changes to how glory is earned? Isn’t it harder now to lose glory or something? Once everything settles down I need to really try and go for recluse.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i almost lucked out. I got traction but it's for leg armor instead of boots

https://i.imgur.com/JowVwoa.gifv

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

wait what's the difference

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Bruh is that a joke? They’re the same thing...

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

p sure i just got owned

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Got a one eyed mask from drifter for powerful rank up. First time in like 9 months I've played any gambit .

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I played 4 games of Solo Comp, starting at 0 glory

I had Unbrokens in every game and people's current glory ranged from 1,500 to 3,500

First game +80 for a win
Second game -40 for a loss
Third game -0 for a loss (other team were all in 3,000+ Glory)
Fourth game was +240 for a win

poo poo's weird

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Does someone want to tell me about traction? I've seemingly missed that memo.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I played 4 games of Solo Comp, starting at 0 glory

I had Unbrokens in every game and people's current glory ranged from 1,500 to 3,500

First game +80 for a win
Second game -40 for a loss
Third game -0 for a loss (other team were all in 3,000+ Glory)
Fourth game was +240 for a win

poo poo's weird

Bungie said a few weeks back they’ve been tracking everyone’s “PvP skill” (lol). Post-Shadowkeep, Comp is supposed to match make based on that hidden score; and give you extra glory/reduced glory loss until your real Glory matches that hidden glory/skill score they have for you.

Since this is Bungie, their system is probably (definitely) broken in some hilarious way.

Captain Log posted:

Does someone want to tell me about traction? I've seemingly missed that memo.

it doesn’t roll on boots any more, just leggings

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Fly Molo posted:

Bungie said a few weeks back they’ve been tracking everyone’s “PvP skill” (lol). Post-Shadowkeep, Comp is supposed to match make based on that hidden score; and give you extra glory/reduced glory loss until your real Glory matches that hidden glory/skill score they have for you.

Since this is Bungie, their system is probably (definitely) broken in some hilarious way.

it doesn’t roll on boots any more, just leggings

Nothing like a good old "hidden number" system.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I know this game

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Cool game finished it in like an hour now it’s time to grind grind grind I guess

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Btw if you have favourite guns, you can infuse copies for “free” (just glimmer). So roll new Austringer, Kindled Orchid, Hammerhead etc. and just dump it into your god roll. Most of those activities give Powerful the first time each week, so probably worth waiting til 900+ if you are bothered.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I sat down with 0 glory and got back up with 5500 about 6 hours later.

The only game we lost was to an error code and boot to orbit during fly in. Only lost 2 rounds the whole day.. Feels good.

Used either my old Smugglers and Wavesplitter or Last Word and Erentil combo. Both felt strong.

Wavesplitter out ranges every HC in the game now and its noticeable. The HC range nerf has really buffed my game since the only HC i use is Last Word (2 meter nerf).

My smugglers got a 3 meter nerf but since it used to hit some kind of range cap with ricochet rounds i switched to Far Sight and its still doing full damage at 18m (was 20) and every bit as potent in air. Still a great gun.

Being able to stack targeting and reloading perks for both kinetic and energy weapons also is loving great. The difference is noticeable.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Its also way easier to find comp games rather than qickplay and the connections were better too.

gently caress you and your SBMM in quickplay bungie.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Way too many playlists, huge misstep

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
what is gonna rule are all the little reddit dipshits who’ll eine about long queue times in a month and a half and i get to shout “I TOLD YOU SO” from the back of the bus

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Legs Benedict posted:

what is gonna rule are all the little reddit dipshits who’ll eine about long queue times in a month and a half and i get to shout “I TOLD YOU SO” from the back of the bus

Bungie opened their own discord just to post two things:

One link to another discord server for LFG and one link to the r/destinyTheGame discord.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Does the free version or whatever give you level 20 characters to run around with or is it because i've played Destiny 1? I downloaded this off the store an could pick from a 750 Titan and Warlock. I did the Tutorial bit from Destiny 1 and then i was just kinda thrown into the new tower and i'm just kinda following a "plot"? I am very confused.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I haven't played much yet but I'm already glad the Destiny 2 icon on my xbox home dashboard is no longer those three random normal humans.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The Shame Boy posted:

Does the free version or whatever give you level 20 characters to run around with or is it because i've played Destiny 1? I downloaded this off the store an could pick from a 750 Titan and Warlock. I did the Tutorial bit from Destiny 1 and then i was just kinda thrown into the new tower and i'm just kinda following a "plot"? I am very confused.
Everyone starts at 750 now, in the way you described. I don't get the thinking at all, it's bizarre. How does the Red War quest line even work now? Does it start with Homecoming and the old tower being destroyed? Even though you've been hanging on the new tower?

What a weird choice.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

huh posted:

I haven't played much yet but I'm already glad the Destiny 2 icon on my xbox home dashboard is no longer those three random normal humans.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Red%20Moon

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Akuma posted:

Everyone starts at 750 now, in the way you described. I don't get the thinking at all, it's bizarre. How does the Red War quest line even work now? Does it start with Homecoming and the old tower being destroyed? Even though you've been hanging on the new tower?

What a weird choice.

You pick your character, do the tutorial bit (i skipped the cutscene of going back to the old tower but i don't think it would skip any gameplay or anything) then suddenly it drops you in the new tower and tells you to go talk to everybody before sending back down to earth to the EDZ to do World Quests, which the wiki tells me is content for after the story is over! The world quests making references to people,places and things it seems like i should already have known and done! It does seem to kinda lead you along to doing the various activies. Didn't try to leave Earth so i can't say if you are just free to go wherever the hell you want or if you need to follow their little questline thing.

I mean Destiny is looter game and you don't necessarily play these games for the plot so i kinda see the urge to just drop people into the start of the endgame. But at the same time a little context would be nice! :psyduck: I mean luckily it seems like the classes aren't changed to much from D1 so i kinda know what i'm doing already outside of the stuff that's new that i can't access but i feel bad for new players that are just gonna get dropped into the deep end head first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Competitive lower levels if you win a lot is the best way to level after you've done your weeklies.

I played 6 games tonight, got over 1000 glory and a bunch of valor and gained 6 base levels of power.

Also had a comeback from an 0-3 went on an 18 streak to win the game. Pissed I missed out on the medals but still was a good win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjqz6RrCjpg