Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bulgakov posted:

i keep forgetting and then remembering that return of the obra dinn is coming to switch this fall (sometime)

never played it but heard great things :stoked:

It’s one of the best games Ive ever played. Even if you have no interest in detective games play it and become a convert. Unfortunately you’ll then be stuck chasing that high forever because nothing else comes close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hopefully they don't pick any of them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan says sempai can notice him whenever he'd like

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

asecondduck posted:

But if you shrink the mecha then D.Va will have to shrink too and then you'll end up with a post-smash ball form that's half the height of everyone else and the punches will go over her head

She's be as tall as Kirby and then there a re a lot of weird implications about both worlds.

Lean into the weirdness.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Inzombiac posted:

She's be as tall as Kirby and then there a re a lot of weird implications about both worlds.

Lean into the weirdness.

There would be none because Smash isn't canon in any setting at all unless you're the type of weirdo who over analyzes their videogames

Len fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 3, 2019

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Len posted:

There would be none because Smash isn't canon in any setting at all unless you're the type of weirdo who over analyzes their videogames

Who cares, it’s all made up anyway. Let people have their silly thought experiments.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Weedle posted:

Who cares, it’s all made up anyway. Let people have their silly thought experiments.

Is it a thought experiment when that's literally already a thing Smash does? Think about Pikmin and how they're canonically smaller than Energizer batteries. And how in Smash they're slightly smaller than Kirby. But Dva would be the breaking point that causes all size scale to not work anymore

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dva would be weird because she's an adult woman not a weird monster thing. So having her be smaller than the other humans would be unusual.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Make the mech a b move like warios bike with a cool down, dva can be a zero suit clone. It's not that serious.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

asecondduck posted:

But if you shrink the mecha then D.Va will have to shrink too and then you'll end up with a post-smash ball form that's half the height of everyone else and the punches will go over her head

D.Va is already commonly portrayed as a tiny gremlin so that's fine

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shadow is an assist so put in Reaper since he’s the next best thing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dva's mech is made from the same stuff as pokeballs

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The fact that Shadow isn't an echo fighter is literally a crime.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Len posted:

Is it a thought experiment when that's literally already a thing Smash does? Think about Pikmin and how they're canonically smaller than Energizer batteries. And how in Smash they're slightly smaller than Kirby. But Dva would be the breaking point that causes all size scale to not work anymore

You gotta stop taking this is seriously.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It's fun to imagine who it could be but it would only ever be Tracer.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Scooby Doo/Shaggy Norville Rogers tag team for smash bros

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

With how crazy Kirby smash lore is, a time traveler has to be enticing for Sakurai

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

all joking aside, I'd like Junkrat or Symmetra.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1179259777920241665?s=19

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Inzombiac posted:

You gotta stop taking this is seriously.

I demand we follow through on weird size implications :colbert:

Olimar is smaller than a battery but is like knee high on Marth also an adult human not a weird monster thing. That carries through that adult humans in all Nintendo series are actually only like 6 inches tall which tracks with smash being about a person smashing their action figures together which means it's all just a game.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RBA Starblade posted:

D.Va is already commonly portrayed as a tiny gremlin so that's fine

I have changed my mind, Gremlin D.Va for smash please

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I want joycons that are also both Nerf blasters

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

nachos posted:

It’s one of the best games Ive ever played. Even if you have no interest in detective games play it and become a convert. Unfortunately you’ll then be stuck chasing that high forever because nothing else comes close.

yeh I'm hype

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they'd add Genji to Smash just to add another drat sword user

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:hai:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

now this is extremely powerful content

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Doom Fist skin for Cpt. Falcon or vice versa

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

chaleski posted:

Does anyone here have any time with the Ni No Kuni remaster? Some people said it had some slight bugs but Bamco was working on it

Inb4 it sucks dont get it, it's one I've been curious for for a long time and I'd like to see for myself
It's Good

https://twitter.com/StormYorha/status/1173782656439468033

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Len posted:

Canonically Smash is some kid making his Nintendo figures fight with each other, and his hands are Master/Crazy Hand. To be fair though I think they pretty much dropped that whole concept after Smash 64

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

asecondduck posted:

It's-a me, one of-a the most beloved characters in gaming and a also a walking-a stereotype! Oh noooo!

Captain Lou Albano Mario is a treasure and I will not hear otherwise.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

404notfound posted:

Canonically Smash is some kid making his Nintendo figures fight with each other, and his hands are Master/Crazy Hand. To be fair though I think they pretty much dropped that whole concept after Smash 64

Len posted:

I demand we follow through on weird size implications :colbert:

Olimar is smaller than a battery but is like knee high on Marth also an adult human not a weird monster thing. That carries through that adult humans in all Nintendo series are actually only like 6 inches tall which tracks with smash being about a person smashing their action figures together which means it's all just a game.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

I bought and played through Tetrisphere this year and boy that game still SLAPS.

Also a bunch of the songs on the soundtrack are a pretty fun ripoff of Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I'm gonna be honest, I only read about half of that post

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

404notfound posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I only read about half of that post

That's fair it wasn't a great post

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

tetrisphere kicks rear end

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

You know what the OverWatch cast be good in?
A new
Power Stone

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Supersonic Shine posted:

He just told them the first 3DS title looked like a stale remake of the Thousand Year Door. His need for a new twist in every installment has led to its fair share of problems, but that was the extent of his involvement in Sticker Star.
whew thank goodness Paper Mario fans were spared the horror of another game like Thousand Year Door, so that we could get the creative and inspired Sticker Star instead

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

I officially gave up on Breath of the Wild's Trial of the Sword. I lost all will to go beyond the first stages when I realized that you have to play perfectly and will have to repeat hour long sessions repeatedly if you slip up a couple of times or get stuck in a room.

So for my final act before beating the game, with all Shrines and Side Quests done, I go to do the Champion's Ballad main story and come to the horrifying realization that it's Kaizo Zelda! Just let me use all my cool poo poo, game! Also gently caress you long precise obstacle course full of one hit kill spikes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Cartoon Violence posted:

I officially gave up on Breath of the Wild's Trial of the Sword. I lost all will to go beyond the first stages when I realized that you have to play perfectly and will have to repeat hour long sessions repeatedly if you slip up a couple of times or get stuck in a room.

So for my final act before beating the game, with all Shrines and Side Quests done, I go to do the Champion's Ballad main story and come to the horrifying realization that it's Kaizo Zelda! Just let me use all my cool poo poo, game! Also gently caress you long precise obstacle course full of one hit kill spikes!

yeah i think I made it through the first set of Trial of the Sword and gave up on the second. I never thought combat was the game's strong suit and the trials just felt overly punishing and not especially fun, and like you said the lack of checkpoints just saps my will to try.