Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.
Well, just came to say: the new Binky Vid is 62 Minutes of greatness. Kudos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Is Tom the goonie cuntiflas guy?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

"Kayak wake up I need to get a picture"

:kayak:

Top stuff, thanks.

p.s. That is the doggo that is running the hate sub right?

You can tell by the flufflyness and the look in his eyes.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 2, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

RSI Mantis Q&A is up. You might remember the question submission thread from a while ago, where far and away the most popular question was "Hey uh why did a ship reveal come through friggin Newsweek and not your website?"

Anybody care to guess which questions they answered?

quote:

Will we be able to fit interdiction devices to other ships?

In the future, yes, though quantum enforcement devices (QED) are not currently equippable by other player-flyable ships. When available, QEDs will be equipped via the utility item ports. However, they won’t be as powerful as the units built into ships such as the Mantis and may require compromises to loadout. They will also be used by various AI ships and security forces to interrupt player quantum travel.

Ah, eventually.

"Please don't be upset, players. We're not locking basic game functionality behind a paywall like we did with the mining ship! You'll definitely be able to put an interdiction device on your ship, eventually."

quote:

Will we gain a crime-stat for pulling people/criminals out of quantum travel?

It will be illegal to use a QED within certain jurisdictions, though it won’t affect crime-stat at the release of the Mantis.

"Yes, but we have no idea how to implement this. So actually no."

quote:

Why would the UEE allow such a ship to be sold to regular civilians? If interdiction devices are illegal, how is RSI selling them?

Just as UEE civilians have access to heavy offensive weaponry, they have access to QEDs for personal protection and for use in careers that support the Advocacy and navy. The hope is that we’ll be able to create situations where the use of interdiction is sanctioned, such as working within a security force or defending a homestead from pirates.

"We like money."

quote:

What will the counter to this new feature be?

For its initial release, the QED uses power usually allocated to the Mantis’ other systems, such as shields, thrusters, and weapons. Along with this heavy power requirement, a long cooldown period ensures that QEDs aren’t constantly generating snares around the universe. Eventually, greater restrictions around green zones and increased law enforcement patrols will mitigate overuse.

Longer term, there are plans to give players the opportunity to escape interdiction by dynamically adjusting their quantum drives. For example, adjusting velocity would, in turn, require the interdictor to adjust their behavior.

"Nope, currently you're hosed-a-roni if someone wants to screw with you. Haha that seems fun, right? Right?! Okay well we'll definitely give you a way to get out of this, eventually (as soon as we figure out how)."

quote:

Do you plan to allow more flexibility with quantum travel so that we can better avoid the main travel lanes? Like quantum traveling in any direction without first setting a destination?

While being able to create safer routes on your own is a planned feature, it’s not scheduled with the release of the Mantis. Currently, connecting existing quantum nav-points will be your best bet at avoiding a quantum snare.

"Look I know you all want Elite Dangerous style supercruise but we either can't or won't do it. Besides, think of it this way: How would the Mantis be even remotely useful if you didn't have to get funneled through the same three waypoints every game?"

there's a bunch more but I'll do 'em later cause I'm lazy as poo poo and they all suck lol

e: one more cause this one's funny

quote:

The player-versus-player (PvP) implications are obvious, but what examples of player-versus-environment (PvE) gameplay for the Mantis can you give us?

You’ll be able to interdict any passing AI unlucky enough to get caught by the QED, giving you potential targets to attack whenever it’s used.

"Please oh gently caress oh God I hope none of them remember that AI targets spawn in static positions and don't actually travel anywhere. Fuckkkkk"

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 2, 2019

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Kellanved posted:

Is Tom the goonie cuntiflas guy?

No, that was zecumbe, who ate a ban at some point. Although who knows, maybe he's back with a new username? :iiam:

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Please accept additional cat photo.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Beet Wagon posted:

"Kayak wake up I need to get a picture"

told yall

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Anyhow, how bout that uhhhhh buggy race?

Yes, the participants probably experienced a great many bugs.

Zushio posted:

Please accept additional cat photo.

Good catte.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Cattes from yesteryears:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

"Look I know you all want Elite Dangerous style supercruise but we either can't or won't do it. Besides, think of it this way: How would the Mantis be even remotely useful if you didn't have to get funneled through the same three waypoints every game?"

This is what I hope happens:

They are going to love it!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

I heard that linking to someone's IMDB page is doxxing :ohdear:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
I hope this video provokes a hilarious response from Chris / CIG. If anything would these days, it'd be criticism of Sandi.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Sandi starts showing up in weekly videos again despite not knowing what going on with the game and being unable to convincingly read words off a teleprompter.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i just heard about this star citizen thing

seems pretty neat

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Request for star struck sandi in a mocap rig unable to walk like a human. It is my favourite.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Nicholas posted:

Sandi starts showing up in weekly videos again despite not knowing what going on with the game and being unable to convincingly read words off a teleprompter.

like when people accused sandi of being a racist and the next week Money showed up on the show to do... something?

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

trucutru posted:

Except you literally CAN'T do that in Star Citizen.......

You HAVE to connect through funnels

Let's say you're at Port Olimar (kek) and you want to go to Wailla - you HAVE to jump to the moons parent planet, THEN to the moon. This game is literally set up for griefing with the Mantis.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Strangler 42 posted:

like when people accused sandi of being a racist and the next week Money showed up on the show to do... something?

The next week, the building manager (a black lady) showed up and seemed completely bemused by everything. Then they figured out that hiring an actual black filmmaker made more sense, and so we were blessed with Money.

If anyone writes a book on this, they better interview that building manager. She Saw Things, I know it.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Popete posted:

This Reddit stuff is getting out of hand, like this thread is almost as bad as the people you're making fun of.

Getting way to close touching the poop here

Someone should call his parents because they miss him.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FailureToReport posted:

Ha ha... you play star citizen. :owned:

Still, that's what I sincerely hope happens.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

trucutru posted:

Wouldn't this be accurate? (due to the dumbass way warping in SC is)

Either way it's lols all round :D

Wait, post-posting revision since there's likely to be several of these loving ships in each 'instance'.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 3, 2019

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Strangler 42 posted:

It’s ironic that my first post in awhile would be to white knight for Sandi, but I must once again remind folks that the recurring thread lore that “Sandi just hired Money to refute the racism claims of The Escapist” is not factually true.

Justin was on RTV episodes in the summer of 2015 - before it all blew up. He was already there and part of the team, and had been on camera during the time before the Days departure. (If I have to go back and find the YouTube links I will, though I hope people would just trust I’m right on this point.)

So, although I don’t have a high opinion of Sandi, the public record refutes this recurring bit of thread folklore.

(Oh, also, great video, Bootcha!)

AlbieQuirky posted:

If anyone writes a book on this, they better interview that building manager. She Saw Things, I know it.

This may be partly true. From Stacie’s Facebook posts after her departure, she appeared to have some frustrations. It seemed more to do with unnamed parties taking credit for her work than much else. But when it hit the thread originally, the presumption was that those frustrations were with Sandi. (She apparently has a credit hogging problem — who knew?)

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

eonwe posted:

i just heard about this star citizen thing

seems pretty neat

u should look into it more, its really good and a future investment heres my referral code

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

RSI Mantis Q&A is up. You might remember the question submission thread from a while ago, where far and away the most popular question was "Hey uh why did a ship reveal come through friggin Newsweek and not your website?"

quote:

Will we be able to fit interdiction devices to other ships?

In the future, yes

Making this $200+ boondoggle completely pointless...

quote:

Why would the UEE allow such a ship to be sold to regular civilians? If interdiction devices are illegal, how is RSI selling them?

Just as UEE civilians have access to heavy offensive weaponry, they have access to QEDs for personal protection

Makes sense, I always carry stop sticks in my trunk. Never know when you'll need to blow out someone's tires... for personal protection...

quote:

What will the counter to this new feature be?

For its initial release, the QED uses power usually allocated to the Mantis’ other systems, such as shields, thrusters, and weapons. Along with this heavy power requirement, a long cooldown period ensures that QEDs aren’t constantly generating snares around the universe.

So all griefers need is have enough of these things so they can keep them perma-running and there's literally nothing you can do about it...

How does anyone fall for this crap?

(Also I haven't said it yet- great video Boocha)

(Also also- Mimi)

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Nicholas posted:

I'm curious to see if she even makes an appearance at Citizencon.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

It’s ironic that my first post in awhile would be to white knight for Sandi, but I must once again remind folks that the recurring thread lore that “Sandi just hired Money to refute the racism claims of The Escapist” is not factually true.

Justin was on RTV episodes in the summer of 2015 - before it all blew up.

So you're saying she's a witch with precognitive powers? gently caress!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

trucutru posted:

So you're saying she's a witch with precognitive powers? gently caress!

Just because she wears a talisman, believes in Astrology, and has a magicke mirror doesn’t mean you gotta pigeonhole her. She may just be kooky!

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Mirificus posted:

The first product RSI released in 2043

Confirmed date for SC release?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I don't blame Chris Roberts

When I was like 10 years old, I had dreams of being a big CEO and naming the company "LITERALLY MY NAME INC" , and I was the smartest person in the world, and I invented everything and was a billionaire 500 times over and married the hottest women

He's just living out his fantasy

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

If it were true to life it'd be as generically named as possible and hidden behind a dozen shells to throw off financial investigators.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This Mantis release is going to be a disaster, they've clearly done zero balance testing on this thing and it's rife with griefing opportunities.

Can you even select a target to interdict? Does interdiction give the interdicted ship a license to kill you even if you don't attack first?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

These anal beads are hard to understand.
Where are the "Wake up in WankPod" and "Clip through Ship" beads?

Shall we rub instead?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Dogeh posted:

These anal beads are hard to understand.
Where are the "Wake up in WankPod" and "Clip through Ship" beads?

Shall we rub instead?

The unseen beads are covered by port olimar and the griefer beads, it's like CI¬g have thought of everything this time.

In the aftermath of Bootchas latest vid, it would be rude not to rub.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sillybones posted:

Same. I've been on the lookout and I still haven't found any degrees that look like that around.

Not sure if i still have the .Rar, i was gonna send some old scans and other documents to Uncle Derek ages ago, but have been told by numerous posters i'm creepy etc etc and don't post it yadda yadda.

People want to see the "Dirt" post it, send it to Derek.... But the same people behind closed doors insist i'm some creepy stalker etc all over some really old scans that are in the Public Domain and can be obtained under Freedom of Information act. Thus pretty much proove Ms Gardiner <- not the last name she used for Schooling/University etc fyi has lied about everything.

The graduation outfit is a big give away, that University used different robes and the certificates were different. Well for the time era that she claims she graduated that is....

Anyhow finally

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

3.0 Jesus Patch posted:

some really old scans that are in the Public Domain and can be obtained under Freedom of Information act.

:stare:

yeah no thanks

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I can't wait for Tom to take me to Space Court over the bad things I've said about the failed tech demo he bought thousands of dollars worth of imaginary spaceships for. Being down-voted and losing your fake internet points for going on unhinged rants defending the company that is scamming you is definitely a horrible injustice and the most vile form of slander.

Do any of you know a good lawyer who accepts payment in Reddit Karma?

After that, I just need to try to get the trial moved to a district where the judge isn't a huge Star Citizen fan like the one in the CryRekt case.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 3, 2019

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

Anybody care to guess which questions they answered?

Ah, eventually.

"Please don't be upset, players. We're not locking basic game functionality behind a paywall like we did with the mining ship! You'll definitely be able to put an interdiction device on your ship, eventually."

"Yes, but we have no idea how to implement this. So actually no."

"We like money."

"Nope, currently you're hosed-a-roni if someone wants to screw with you. Haha that seems fun, right? Right?! Okay well we'll definitely give you a way to get out of this, eventually (as soon as we figure out how)."

there's a bunch more but I'll do 'em later cause I'm lazy as poo poo and they all suck lol

e: one more cause this one's funny

"Please oh gently caress oh God I hope none of them remember that AI targets spawn in static positions and don't actually travel anywhere. Fuckkkkk"

LOL, so much future tense in those responses. Oh well, that's what you get with Tier 0.

I like the one about "defending a homestead"... as in, those homesteads that don't exist despite having sold players land claims and base building ships for lots of money.

But let me get this right, you defend a homestead by taking a weak combat ship and using a device that stops them running away? I see no flaws in that plan.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nicholas posted:

I hope this video provokes a hilarious response from Chris / CIG. If anything would these days, it'd be criticism of Sandi.

I'm curious how things are going with Sandi after this.

Remember the last time people were mean to her on the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FailureToReport posted:

You HAVE to connect through funnels

Let's say you're at Port Olimar (kek) and you want to go to Wailla - you HAVE to jump to the moons parent planet, THEN to the moon. This game is literally set up for griefing with the Mantis.

Actually, you kind of can.

You start towards your destination, drop out, then select a different destination, then back to the original, then a different one, to create a zig zag path.

Of course, why do this unless you know there is a trap waiting.

But wait, the trap, if they have any brains, is simply waiting at the final jump point anyway, so all your evasion would have been for nothing, and they are not in a Mantis because the Mantis is crap for combat, they are in a big combat ship. Haha, you're dead.