Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Been trying my hand at making a timelapse, RIP my challenge Randy Rough ironman Tribal colony with no stonecutting allowed on a wood poor map, just to use the Ceramics mod.

https://i.imgur.com/A9tx517.mp4

Kafouille fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Man, I love psychology. My star researcher was feeling sort of blue, so I directed him to smoke some joints. After smoking some joints, he decided that civilization sucked, and since animals were free, he would go and live among them.

Having to tame the smartest dude for miles with a piece of kibble was not something I had planned for, but here we are.

E: Questions:

- Why do the "I am in pain for no reason" mood hits show up, and can they be prevented?

- Are there known bugs where butchers tables won't carry out bills in spite of having available mats? I have meat and plant out the wazoo, but they say they lack material to do kibble.

Tias fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 5, 2019

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Tias posted:

- Why do the "I am in pain for no reason" mood hits show up, and can they be prevented?

- Are there known bugs where butchers tables won't carry out bills in spite of having available mats? I have meat and plant out the wazoo, but they say they lack material to do kibble.

Do the people in pain have any scars? You should also be able to check pain sources by hovering over the Pain line in the health tab.

If your kibble bills aren't being fulfilled due to lack of materials you probably have the bill incorrectly configured: either the bill radius too small, or the allowed materials doesn't include the stuff you actually have (this can happen if mods add new stuff mid-run).

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Tias posted:

Man, I love psychology. My star researcher was feeling sort of blue, so I directed him to smoke some joints. After smoking some joints, he decided that civilization sucked, and since animals were free, he would go and live among them.

Having to tame the smartest dude for miles with a piece of kibble was not something I had planned for, but here we are.

Isn't kibble specifically meat + hay? Do you have any haygrass?

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
You can use any plant for kibble, hay is just useful because it's not edible otherwise for non herbivores and has good yields.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:ohdear:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Do it you coward.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Who hasn’t committed a little war crime for some sweet robot parts?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I mean you got a while month quadrum to do it too, the leather will probably conveniently come to you before then too.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Time to arrest and uh process the most useless pawns

Tias
May 25, 2008

Where's that adrenaline rib implant from?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Probably EPOE. Don’t remember if RBSE has rib implants but EPOE definitely does.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah it's definitely EPOE. I dont use them much but the rib replacements are pretty cool

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Yeah, those ribs can be pretty nice. IIRC every one of those ribs someone had would boost movespeed by 5% permanently, while there were also others that improved blood filtration or pain resistance as well.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I was just looking at the wiki article on pawn capacity:

https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Capacity

Didn't realize blood pumping affects consciousness, which in turns affects manipulation. Might be worth getting synthetic hearts after all.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:ohdear: :ohdear:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
That's what, six fifteen raiders?

Tias
May 25, 2008

How exactly does the mineral scanner work? I can set people to scan it, but I don't seem to get any indication of where the mineral in question can be found.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Look, if you don't provide it willingly, they will come and demand it later.

At least this way you get sweet crop-killing mortars.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Tias posted:

How exactly does the mineral scanner work? I can set people to scan it, but I don't seem to get any indication of where the mineral in question can be found.

It can sometimes take awhile to find something, but it'll spawn a world map location and give you a blue popup. On the map, it's a mining pick icon.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Do it, then use the warheads to invade their town and blow them up.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Do it, then use the warheads to invade their town and blow them up.

Brutal to take out their grain fields like that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

jerman999 posted:

I was just looking at the wiki article on pawn capacity:

https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Capacity

Didn't realize blood pumping affects consciousness, which in turns affects manipulation. Might be worth getting synthetic hearts after all.

synthetic/bionic organs are almost comically overpowered honestly

it owns hard though, Full Deus Exing someone should be kinda OP

Tias
May 25, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

synthetic/bionic organs are almost comically overpowered honestly

it owns hard though, Full Deus Exing someone should be kinda OP

Compared to the time spent grinding for plasteel and components it checks out, unless you use mods to start with the implants or resources.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does Vegetable Garden no longer have the ability to till soil?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would recommend RF terraforming if you want something like that.
E: this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1539311500

It has tilling but it's actually a fully fledged terrain modification system.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 10, 2019

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Leal posted:

Does Vegetable Garden no longer have the ability to till soil?

It's in the Vegetable Garden: Garden Tools submod. If you have that mod installed, have you researched soil reclamation 1 & 2 in the vegetable garden research tab?

I appreciate how vegetable garden split itself into submods to allow for customization, and despite having been around for a while has managed to resist the feature bloating that so often happens with old mods.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I switched from Vegetable Garden foods to RmCuisine foods. I like how RimCuisine handles new crops and benefits to making meals out of them.

But hardtack is pretty OP.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Rim Cuisine is kind of boring compared to Vegetable Garden, all the crops/products are more or less the same stat wise, you're still better off spamming corn and rice.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Don't forget to put the lotion on the skin. :gonk:

isndl
May 2, 2012

That Guy Bob posted:

Rim Cuisine is kind of boring compared to Vegetable Garden, all the crops/products are more or less the same stat wise, you're still better off spamming corn and rice.

Is this with the new RC2? You get moodlets from uncommon/rare ingredients and they stack if you have multiple types in a meal, so you have incentive to diversify your farming.

Just wish there was a list somewhere that told me what counts as uncommon or rare. :downs:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I have heard rumor and innuendo that multiplayer exists now in some kind of stable and reliable fashion. Is this true? :ohdear:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

I have heard rumor and innuendo that multiplayer exists now in some kind of stable and reliable fashion. Is this true? :ohdear:

Yes, multiplayer exists and is mainstream enough that most larger mods will note if they're multiplayer compatible or not.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Multiplayer actually exists in multiple forms. There's the big one most people are referring to, just straight up a couple of bros loving around with a colony in real-time. There's also that mod that may or may not be updated that dynamically loads in other people's colonies to populate your world from a server.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Well I feel silly. I sent a colonist and a muffalo out to trade in a nearby settlement so I could get some gold for a multianalyzer. As said caravan starts returning home I pop open an ancient danger that had a whopping 2 bugs protecting it. I popped the caskets inside and only 2 of the occupants were hostile... and they had gold on them. Welp.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

free gold, free meat

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I’m feeling the late game plasteel crunch. I need to send out some mining expeditions but have been in a volcanic winter for two quadrums.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Volcanic winter's a pretty mild effect. Why let that stop the mining expeditions?

isndl
May 2, 2012
Also the volcanic winter is local to your tile so once you enter the overworld you're fine again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
God I wish there was a way to speed up CPU performance other than just having fewer colonists :negative: I'm just hitting the point where its becoming hard to play at about twelve dudes. drat my CPU for having weakisj individual cores but having a gently caress ton of them