Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Bolton is also kinda old and probably knows he's peaked, so in theory striking back is his next best shot at being relevant for the NeverTrumper crowd in a post-Trump world.

I mean it seems weird, wasn't Pompeo CIA? Confirmed fairly overwhelmingly by the Senate? This is a level of corruption that Senate R's seem to be uncomfortable with.

no, pompeo was an evangelical senator/rep/whatever who got picked to be CIA head and wasn't the "worst" choice.

OAquinas posted:

Like anyone would believe him?

No, Rudy is going to be interred at the foot of his master. If he's lucky, he'll go first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Did i read something in this thread earlier that indicated that Guyger was likely to serve her whole term, because Texas?

yeah there's some statute about no shortened sentences for murderers

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

Did i read something in this thread earlier that indicated that Guyger was likely to serve her whole term, because Texas?

There was some confusion about whether or not she would be eligible for parole as a murder convict but it looks like the no parole rule only applies to capital murder.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

theflyingorc posted:

quote:

According to Texas Government Code Section 508.149, an individual convicted of certain crimes, such as ... 21) murder; or 22) capital murder, may not receive probation.

She's going away til she's 41. Unless the governor steps in, anyway.

edit: my bad.
She has to serve at least 5 years before parole eligibility. So yeah, she'll be out before she's 40.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 3, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OAquinas posted:

Like anyone would believe him?

No, Rudy is going to be interred at the foot of his master. If he's lucky, he'll go first.

Was it this thread that had the discussion of the alternate biblical meaning of "feet"

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

I mean it seems weird, wasn't Pompeo CIA? Confirmed fairly overwhelmingly by the Senate? This is a level of corruption that Senate R's seem to be uncomfortable with.

look up the Dulles brothers some time. it will cure you of your belief that the sets "psychopathic WASP true believer" and "CIA bigwig" do not intersect.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

agreed, replace her with a Hindu

Imagine the poo poo fit the right would be throwing if the judge had convinced her to find Allah or Vishnu.

(Replace "find Vishnu" with a more accurate equivalent phrase if possible.)

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Not than I am a pompeo fan, but he went to Harvard Law and was first in his class at West Point. By those metrics, he should be smarter than he is acting.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Not than I am a pompeo fan, but he went to Harvard Law and was first in his class at West Point. By those metrics, he should be smarter than he is acting.

Weren't all the 911 hijackers engineers and poo poo like that? Fanatical and conspiratorial thinking can take over anyone.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

yea, murderers don't get probation without the governor pardoning them here so at least she'll serve the full bullshit sentence.

I've got bad news about the caliber of people those two institutions churn out

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Not sure that college can prepare you for a multinational political scandal bigger than any in this century if not country's history sparked at least in part by the dumbest person to ever hold the office of the president.

Also Pompeo is a christian fundamentalist trying to coax the loving apocalypse, he is not a smart man.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Trump seems to have a cloud of stupidity that constantly hangs all around in him, affecting anyone in it too long.

Pompeo isn't the first Trump WH staff that's started acting far, far dumber then they should.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea seriously guys remember Pompeo's time in congress, he's always been this stupid and mean

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

You are seriously misunderstanding fancy expensive stickers for intelligence.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mike's own drat wikipedia page posted:

In 2015 in a talk at a church, Pompeo said that "politics is a never-ending struggle ... until the Rapture."[136]

Aw man how did mean ol Trump make such a smart guy act like some kinda paranoid idiot

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Raenir Salazar posted:

Bolton is also kinda old and probably knows he's peaked, so in theory striking back is his next best shot at being relevant for the NeverTrumper crowd in a post-Trump world.

Pompeo wasn’t CIA, he was a congressman with military experience. He was on some committees and poo poo but everyone was surprised Trump nominated him as CIA director because he didn’t have much experience. But there wasn’t anything terribly wrong with him so he was confirmed.

Then he jumped to Secretary of State after a little more than a year.

He is the guy who probably kissed the ring early on. No one should be surprised he is going to bat for Trump. He wasn’t on some path to stardom or anything before Trump plucked him off the backbench

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

The best ending would be Trump finally burning Rudy and him spilling all the poo poo he knows about trump.

The best ending would be rampant rabies let loose on them all, with them spilling infected saliva all over each other.

One can dream tax anyway:

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
What’s really funny about the Trump-Giuliani thing is if you went back in time and explained everything that happened but left out the names, 99 times out of 100 they would think Giuliani was President and Trump was his senior advisor or some poo poo.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

"smart" people aren't immune to dumb behavior. smart is something you do, not something you are. being an ivy league graduate or doing well in school doesn't necessarily make you smart. and most importantly, "smart" people are just as prone to falling for scams or getting wrapped up in idiot schemes, except it's harder to pull a "smart" person out of this nonsense if they think they can clever their way out of the situation, or continue to explain their own behavior to themselves

ReliableSand
Apr 28, 2008
So... having observed the utter blatant insanity of the last few days I can’t help but recall some documentaries I saw about Putin’s rise to power that detailed how Putin employed a strategy to secure power that involved more or less overloading the Russian government and general public with blatantly obvious corruption. I need to find the documentary to elaborate on it, but seeing all the insanity with Giuliani I can’t help but wonder if a similar playbook is being run here.

I think the documentary was a Channel 4 doc that explored Trump’s Russian mob connections. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

ReliableSand posted:

So... having observed the utter blatant insanity of the last few days I can’t help but recall some documentaries I saw about Putin’s rise to power that detailed how Putin employed a strategy to secure power that involved more or less overloading the Russian government and general public with blatantly obvious corruption. I need to find the documentary to elaborate on it, but seeing all the insanity with Giuliani I can’t help but wonder if a similar playbook is being run here.

I think the documentary was a Channel 4 doc that explored Trump’s Russian mob connections. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

TBH, Trump has been doing this since day 1. This is where the 'nothing matters' poo poo comes from. That is also why people hate the 'nothing matters' folks. This is also why I support the 'nothing matters' movement. It gives you a gauge on where we are in this poo poo. If it continues to some individuals off it let's you know that there is still hope. When, it stops pissing people off then it let's you know we are too far gone.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

engage physically

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

figure 12. moving on (a person) like a bitch

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Rick Perry continues to surpass low expectations

https://mobile.twitter.com/RickPetree/status/1179502325955747845

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

if you told me in 2016 that my former Fancy Governor would be the smartest dude in the Trump admin I'd call you a goddamn liar but here we are

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Maybe Rudy the Rudester is saying all this insane poo poo so he can plead diminished capacity later. He is a brilliant lawyer ya know.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

I got stuck in a meeting with a bunch of conservative donors to the A&M system one time, and while they were saying other ignorant poo poo, they took time to collectively poo poo on Rick Perry for being absolutely and completely stupid. Apparently his wife is the brains in the operation, so it's probably her advice.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'd say it's either perry or chao playing their roles best

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sexpig by night posted:

yea, murderers don't get probation without the governor pardoning them here so at least she'll serve the full bullshit sentence.

I keep forgetting you're a fellow Texan, that helps explain your frequent rage and even more frequent irony-as-mental-defense-mechanism :hf:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JosefStalinator posted:

I got stuck in a meeting with a bunch of conservative donors to the A&M system one time, and while they were saying other ignorant poo poo, they took time to collectively poo poo on Rick Perry for being absolutely and completely stupid. Apparently his wife is the brains in the operation, so it's probably her advice.

yea rick is famously even among his fellow chud dipshits considered a complete moron who just happens to agree with them.

yet somehow he's surviving this shitshow

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I keep forgetting you're a fellow Texan, that helps explain your frequent rage and even more frequent irony-as-mental-defense-mechanism :hf:

we dared to hope, once, with Beto, and now look upon our empire of ash :bahgawd:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

JosefStalinator posted:

Rick Perry knows who butters his bread. And he knows Trump’s staying power is 8 years while Exxon and Boeing are (effectively) forever.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

rick perry, for all his many, many, many, many faults, is quite good at avoiding legal consequences for his nonsense

sexpig by night posted:

we dared to hope, once, with Beto, and now look upon our empire of ash :bahgawd:

:saddowns:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

sexpig by night posted:

Aw man how did mean ol Trump make such a smart guy act like some kinda paranoid idiot

It should be pointed out this wasn't a joke, he was dead-serious when he said it, and no one laughed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What in hot flying whistle gently caress is going on in Texas?

There’s also a federal judge in Dallas that opens every court session with a prayer.

Also I’ve never really believed that rick perry is as dumb as people say. Dude got a D in meat class but has been a+ in corruption for like 30 years without any major consequences.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

This is basically just Wacky Deli, but less funny

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Glumslinger posted:

This is basically just Wacky Deli, but less funny

That's most lovely webcomics that somehow still get reposted on this forum outside the dedicated bad webcomics thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Comedy distracts and redirects your anger. Don't fall into that trap.