Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hannity is fire right now, he just did a russian accent talking about naked pictures of trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Guiliani said that he sent over the documents the state IG took to congress today back in March. For those that weren't keeping up, the State IG came to report about the active smear campaign against biden and yovanovitch coming from the white house. The IG rolled up with an envelope that was given to the state department with a bunch of conspiracy theory nonsense in Trump hotel folders.

e:
https://twitter.com/nataliewsj/status/1179502586489180163

https://twitter.com/MichaelRWarren/status/1179556080180969473

AND BONUS:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1179559098695737344

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 3, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So wait, was the IG trolling congress or was he showing up with documents to show the lengths Trump, Pampeo, etc. are going to discredit things?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Handsome Ralph posted:

So wait, was the IG trolling congress or was he showing up with documents to show the lengths Trump, Pampeo, etc. are going to discredit things?

Check out my edit. Here's a statement from the three chairs:

quote:

Three Chairs Statement on State Department Inspector General Briefing
f t # e
Washington, October 2, 2019
Washington, D.C. (Oct. 2, 2019)— Today, Rep. Eliot L. Engel, the Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, Rep. Adam Schiff, the Chairman of the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, and Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, the Chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, released the following statement after committee staff received a briefing from the State Department Inspector General:

“Today, the State Department Inspector General provided an unclassified briefing and documents to House and Senate Committees. The Inspector General believes this matter is urgent in light of the complaint filed by a whistleblower regarding the President’s July 25, 2019, call in which he pressed the Ukrainian President to smear President Trump’s domestic political rival.

“The briefing and documents raise troubling questions about apparent efforts inside and outside the Trump Administration to target specific officials, including former Vice President Joe Biden’s son and then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Masha Yovanovitch, who was abruptly removed as Ambassador in May after a sustained campaign against her by the President’s agent, Rudy Giuliani.

“The documents provided by the Inspector General included a package of disinformation, debunked conspiracy theories, and baseless allegations in an envelope marked ‘White House’ and containing folders labeled ‘Trump Hotel.’ These documents also reinforce concern that the President and his allies sought to use the machinery of the State Department to further the President’s personal political interests.

“The Inspector General stated that his office interviewed Secretary Pompeo’s Counselor, Thomas Ulrich Brechbuhl, who informed the Inspector General that Secretary Pompeo told him the packet ‘came over,’ and that Brechbuhl presumed it was from the White House.

“Earlier this week, Pompeo attempted to block Brechbuhl, Ambassador Yovanovitch, and other State Department employees from testifying before Congress.

“These documents only underscore the need for the Trump Administration to comply with our requests for documents and interviews.”

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

Word was that it was about Pompeo punishing people. Instead, it was Giuliani's oppo dossier on Biden, conspiracies, and the Ambassador that made it to Pompeo. State IG decided to enter in because he had given the bullshit to the FBI earlier, and it became congressional-adjacent because they want to interview the fired Ambassador that Rudy got spiked.

It also involves John Solomon, notoriously bad writer on The Hill, giving advance notice to Rudy and Co before his poo poo got published.

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1179564577845104640

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Yeah seems to me like they're showing how batshit insane the trump admin is, in both existence and execution of crimes.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Okay, it makes sense now. I saw Raskin earlier and thought he was saying that the IG was trying to sell them a load of poo poo. I get that he was showing them the files to discredit the smears before they happened.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah the State IG basically walked up to the hearing and presented the oppo binder and said "Can you believe how batshit these people are?"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

orange juche posted:

Yeah the State IG basically walked up to the hearing and presented the oppo binder and said "Can you believe how batshit these people are?"

Trump believes this poo poo. He's a loving moron and is genuine in his belief. He still sincerely does not think Obama was born in Hawaii.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Man, this is a loving good origin story.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-02/trump-s-impeachment-saga-stems-from-a-political-hit-job-gone-bad

This whole thing started because Peter Schweizer (Clinton Cash writer) and Steve Bannon tried to do a Clinton Cash-type thing against Biden, funded by Rebekah Mercer, called Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends. The whole concept was to put the Hunter Biden poo poo into conservative media, make it allege shady-but-not illegal poo poo, then get it eventually picked up by mainstream media. Then, you get the *mainstream media* to tar the Bidens as shady, without the "conservative attack" fingerprints on it. Bam, you have another Hillary.

The main problem was that it wasn't really a Biden book - Biden was just a part of who was mentioned in the book and it was just his son. So, the poo poo in the book swirled around conservative media, as projected, but never really leaped past that point. It was still just another "conservative attack" not worth covering.

It all went wrong because Trump is impatient and watches Fox News too much. WHY WON'T THE NEW YORK TIMES COVER THIS LIKE HANNITY ON FOX??? RUDY, GO INVESTIGATE IT.

He's going to get impeached because he watches Fox News too much. It's fuckin great.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I'm still deeply skeptical that he'll be convicted by the senate. Maybe this time is different (and Lord knows he's done plenty of impeachable poo poo). But I don't see why the political calculus for Republicans has changed, and without that changing I have no idea why they'd choose to throw the most popular figure to their voters out, regardless of the facts.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I guess it's just barely possible that they might vote their conscience on an open and shut case of seeking foreign intervention, but I'll believe that when I see it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I guess it's just barely possible that they might vote their conscience on an open and shut case of seeking foreign intervention, but I'll believe that when I see it

???

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Need to edit it to both being Save your Seat

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1179553887058939905?s=19

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

let's see how our friend ben is doing

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Man, this is a loving good origin story.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-02/trump-s-impeachment-saga-stems-from-a-political-hit-job-gone-bad

This whole thing started because Peter Schweizer (Clinton Cash writer) and Steve Bannon tried to do a Clinton Cash-type thing against Biden, funded by Rebekah Mercer, called Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends. The whole concept was to put the Hunter Biden poo poo into conservative media, make it allege shady-but-not illegal poo poo, then get it eventually picked up by mainstream media. Then, you get the *mainstream media* to tar the Bidens as shady, without the "conservative attack" fingerprints on it. Bam, you have another Hillary.

The main problem was that it wasn't really a Biden book - Biden was just a part of who was mentioned in the book and it was just his son. So, the poo poo in the book swirled around conservative media, as projected, but never really leaped past that point. It was still just another "conservative attack" not worth covering.

It all went wrong because Trump is impatient and watches Fox News too much. WHY WON'T THE NEW YORK TIMES COVER THIS LIKE HANNITY ON FOX??? RUDY, GO INVESTIGATE IT.

He's going to get impeached because he watches Fox News too much. It's fuckin great.

It's a shame Republicans consider intelligence to be a weakness. It's torn me and my family apart.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Wasn't Ben garrison a left wing guy at some point?

Edit: apparently not. Who the gently caress am I thinking of? Regardless of cartoons.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 3, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Well, I mean I'd be OK if Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler all went down if it also sunk Donny. That's the whole point of a kamikaze attack.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Wasn't Ben garrison a left wing guy at some point?

Edit: apparently not. Who the gently caress am I thinking of? Regardless of cartoons.
He did comics that were fringe crazy but not to where he is now. 4Chan started doing light photoshop jobs on his stuff to make it overtly racist, he got butthurt about it, but now they're his prime audience.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

I can't stop laughing

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EBB posted:

Love the large caliber guns being used for AA fire.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Fister Roboto posted:

Love the large caliber guns being used for AA fire.

Japan actually developed 18" AA shells for the Yamato, funnily enough. They did... not work well.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

You know I remember just a few years ago Donald trump and his sad excuse for a combover were a laughingstock. Now that hair is shown off in artist renditions like a loving golden mane.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

You know I remember just a few years ago Donald trump and his sad excuse for a combover were a laughingstock. Now that hair is shown off in artist renditions like a loving golden mane.

I rewatched Veronica Mars. At the end of season 2, which was filmed in 2005 I believe, the titular character is going on a trip to New York and says "I'm bringing my pepper spray in case I run into that Trump character".

11 years before his election it was an open secret that he was a gross rapist/perv. We still elected him. :negative:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Chichevache posted:

I rewatched Veronica Mars. At the end of season 2, which was filmed in 2005 I believe, the titular character is going on a trip to New York and says "I'm bringing my pepper spray in case I run into that Trump character".

11 years before his election it was an open secret that he was a gross rapist/perv. We still elected him. :negative:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/new-york

They knew.

Manhattan
Clinton: 579,013
Trump: 64,929

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

EBB posted:

I CANT FIND THE loving SHOE AND ITS DRIVING ME NUTS

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

What?

Also I love how that nut bag thinks his Twitter posts are such a good thing they're ammunition against the Democrat hordes.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A lot of his past cartoons had Hillary with only one shoe on and the other hidden and I’m guessing he will keep doing it like a where’s Waldo.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

sharknado slashfic posted:

It's a shame Republicans consider intelligence to be a weakness. It's torn me and my family apart.

Man, you dont have to look down on your family just because they're all smart.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

LingcodKilla posted:

I don't see Hillary as a plane so I don't think it's there.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We reject your use of Nickleback's copyright!

https://twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1179706295533936641?s=19

We reject your batshit insane conspiracy theory about our diplomat!

https://twitter.com/JoeHockey/status/1179699937623379969?s=19

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) has a new podcast. Their newsletter is really good, too.

Link to their podcast:

http://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/isws-overwatch-podcast-series

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bored As gently caress posted:

The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) has a new podcast. Their newsletter is really good, too.

Link to their podcast:

http://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/isws-overwatch-podcast-series

what's the gorka ratio on this pod

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

0?

They have actual academics and experts in their fields, who do actual research, as opposed to assholes with fake degrees, lovely facial hair, and mid life crisis mobiles with horrendous vanity plates.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

It's actually staffed by real academics and former intelligence & military people.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bored As gently caress posted:

0?

They have actual academics and experts in their fields, who do actual research, as opposed to assholes with fake degrees, lovely facial hair, and mid life crisis mobiles with horrendous vanity plates.

That's cool as hell then, thanks for posting it!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The stuff that ISW did on the Syrian Army’s order of battle was fascinating. They have some really good and talented researchers even if they’ve got some of Dubya’s hawks on staff.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Throwing War on the Rocks and Arms Control wonk podcasts into this recommendation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
These people are beyond saving

https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO/status/1179667382014361600?s=19

Edit: oh lmao it's this person

https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO...ingawful.com%2F

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 3, 2019