Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I got the birds up this morning and didn't get any good morning noises, only grumpy hisses.

Yeah, I know that feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

RoboRodent posted:

I got the birds up this morning and didn't get any good morning noises, only grumpy hisses.

Yeah, I know that feeling.

Part of The nightly routine of putting Serra to bed is her having a ten minute hiss fit with the cage cover.

She never thinks it is time for bed.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

It turns out there is a follow up spray for the bedbugs that I was completely unaware of. Possibly I'm an idiot. I found this out just after taking some weed oil, so I can't drive anywhere.

So, me and two cockatiels are going to be spending the next four hours in my car in the parking lot, while I am stoned. This is amazing. gently caress me.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Bring a book or mess around on your phone and it'll be a little boring, but fine. The boys might enjoy being able to check out the world around them through the windows, and you being there in the car with them will be comforting. You'll be okay!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

LAB, "birds go to hell" feels wrong for some reason, look at your precious angels and tell me that they've ever committed any crime, ever

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I just looked at them and they just stared back and said in unison, REDRUM

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I really am a mess of anxiety at the best of times. Much like a bird, I suppose. Sorry.

I'm reading. I walked down to dairy queen for some food. I have an assurance from the guy with the poison that this stuff basically only kills bugs, so the birds will likely be fine.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

RoboRodent posted:

I really am a mess of anxiety at the best of times. Much like a bird, I suppose. Sorry.

I'm reading. I walked down to dairy queen for some food. I have an assurance from the guy with the poison that this stuff basically only kills bugs, so the birds will likely be fine.

Your birds look happy. :derptiel:

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
I doubt you would have any problems but if it was me, I'd just make sure the place was ventilated well for a few extra hours once you're back in but you've probably already thought about that.

I'd definitely be up for 4 hours in the car with my birds, then after an hour I'd probably be over them destroying my car.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Captain Log posted:

Your birds look happy. :derptiel:

them chops :kimchi:

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I think they just enjoyed hanging out with you! When you get a chance you should double-check and see if they plan any more follow-up sprays, just in case. That way you don't have to panic.

Also I always look forward to Spoopy Ama AV

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Near the end of it they were very tired of it, especially since Ozzy wanted to be put to bed (he always wants to go to bed at five) but he was unimpressed with the idea of sleeping in the car. I tried very hard to get a picture of Sera on the steering wheel, but he didn't stay put long enough. He seemed quite overwhelmed about the experience. Our biggest issue was when crows flew overhead and that was terrifying. Also at one point they saw a dog.

But we're back and safe.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Chaosfeather posted:

Also I always look forward to Spoopy Ama AV
hahaha :buddy::hf::buddy:

RoboRodent posted:

But we're back and safe.
Good! :)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

two wet birds trying to fit in a small water dish.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

LAB, "birds go to hell" feels wrong for some reason, look at your precious angels and tell me that they've ever committed any crime, ever

all the good birds go to hell, because even god herself has enemies

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
All Birds Go to Hell because All Birds Are Assholes

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

DarkHorse posted:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Crouton became a member of the alt right by mangling my copy of Diary of A Young Girl so she is definitely going to hell. Galbedir is an innocent baby but also besotted with Crouton so he would get a pass to go to heaven but would choose to follow Crouton to hell instead.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

RoboRodent posted:

It turns out there is a follow up spray for the bedbugs that I was completely unaware of. Possibly I'm an idiot. I found this out just after taking some weed oil, so I can't drive anywhere.

So, me and two cockatiels are going to be spending the next four hours in my car in the parking lot, while I am stoned. This is amazing. gently caress me.

https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1023991304299180032

(ps I'm glad you and your birds made it through okay!)

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
:goose:

:honk:

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

DarkHorse posted:

Trevor agrees, but only cos he has plans to take over Hell.

Cricket tho, is a Goode Birb, and would only go to Hell to stop in to visit friends and relatives now and again.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

GoldStandardConure posted:

all the good birds go to hell, because even god herself has enemies

I Appreciate This Reference

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Plant MONSTER. posted:

two wet birds trying to fit in a small water dish.

and I love this budgie love affair :allears:

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/FRp9Vy1.mp4

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Apparently, this is a reaction to drinking sparkling water.
https://i.imgur.com/dTRdD6r.mp4

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

:rip: Ripley

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I refuse to accept that Toucans are real

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

but long live Toupac, and that other tiny toucan he is now caring for whose name I forget

Watching the progression Toupac has made since he adopted him his amazing, especially the before/after beak photos.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Yeah, it's totally nuts. "Oh I just used sandpaper and coconut oil and now he's on a good diet". Hopefully Tupac's bumble (?) gets better but it sounds like maybe it won't.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Hi bird thread, I love all your birds and I just spent the last month making a bird!

Points for whoever can name the species (except GoldStandardConure who should absolutely know).

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Organza Quiz posted:

(except GoldStandardConure who should absolutely know)

:honk:

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

That is 1) a quality felting job; and 2) a remarkably accurate Australian ringneck. I know this because one bit me yesterday during a nail trim.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Organza Quiz posted:

Hi bird thread, I love all your birds and I just spent the last month making a bird!

Points for whoever can name the species (except GoldStandardConure who should absolutely know).

*LITERALLY A BIRD comes bursting into the thread at top speed* DO YOU DO COMMISSIONS

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I would love to have a tiny stupid Mochi head mount to use at work

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

*LITERALLY A BIRD comes bursting into the thread at top speed* DO YOU DO COMMISSIONS

and I am right behind breathlessly waiting for the answer cos....birbs!!

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Suntan Boy posted:

That is 1) a quality felting job; and 2) a remarkably accurate Australian ringneck. I know this because one bit me yesterday during a nail trim.

Technically correct but not the name anyone actually ever uses!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Potentially! I'll shoot you a PM.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Organza Quiz posted:

Technically correct but not the name anyone actually ever uses!

28!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I wouldn't have a realistic felt bird around because Serra would inevitably start laying eggs for it.

They look so drat cool. :3:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That is an amazing piece of feltwork and the pose just makes this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZbOIp1GUJA

play in my head over and over, which can only be a good thing :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I can't stop laughing at seeing this in slow motion. Even better with sound so you get the bonk-dink-bonk-dink experience.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155264520673058816

Pookah posted:

That is an amazing piece of feltwork and the pose just makes this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZbOIp1GUJA

play in my head over and over, which can only be a good thing :3:
The exciting sequel always gets me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSfM4ZHjbl0