Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179753043908268032

Donny is up! Someone give him a baba so he settles down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

they infected you with a symbiote for a cup of coffee?

Pretty much!

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

So you ever hear that phrase "What you dislike in a person, what you get mad about, is what you dislike in yourself." ? I find that when I read what Trump or Rudy say through this lens I can't help but laugh. Just a never ending stream of them telling on themselves.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Strange Poon posted:

Delete your Facebook.

I mean they still ran Trump ads last elections, so it's not like that's a policy they were really following anyway.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

friendbot2000 posted:

Donny is up! Someone give him a baba so he settles down

Impeachment really has been the best busybox so far.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

eke out posted:

okay so Volker's people seem to have pretty much told media the substance of what he plans to testify today, according to msnbc reporters:

[this is paraphased from just now] 'He thought Rudy wasn't working in the nation's interest, his contacts with Rudy were to placate him and try to table the issue, he told Ukrainians that they should not interfere in 2020, and "the case that Volker will make will not suit the interests of Trump and Giuliani"'

to this point, hilariously, rudy seems to think Volker is still on his side

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1179749092102156288

also

https://twitter.com/TheViewFromLL2/status/1179760621069451265

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
The ISM non-manufacturing index is showing much slower growth than expected in the US economy’s service sectors. It’s as if tax cuts and low interest rates by themselves don’t create sustainable growth.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Not to be super ableist or anything, but just pointing out that Rudy has like the biggest font size on his phone that I've ever seen.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Lock Volker up for signing his texts

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Let's be honest Volker IS on Trump's side and anything they get today will have to be dragged out of him

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Let's be honest Volker IS on Trump's side and anything they get today will have to be dragged out of him

Seems to me like Volker's on his own side. The guy knows illegal scummy poo poo went down and is eager to cover his rear end which probably involves burning Giuliani and Pompeo, maybe Barr.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

literally all reporting on this subject suggests the exact opposite

if volker was on trump's side, he wouldn't have resigned and agreed to testify immediately, he'd still be on the job and hiding behind Pompeo's attempts at obstruction

he's a lovely republican but he's one of the neocons that thinks McCain is basically Jesus, it's not a real surprise he stopped getting along with Trump when he realized the goals in Ukraine weren't Opposing Russia At All Costs but instead making sure trump wins 2020 at all costs

eke out fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 3, 2019

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

eke out posted:

to this point, hilariously, rudy seems to think Volker is still on his side

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1179749092102156288

im the media lamb dog

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

“Media lamb dogs.”

Uhh....

Huh?

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

This is literally the plot to Venom

Whatever you believe about the veracity of this story facial recognition should 100% be regulated along with a slew of other technologies with disturbing potential to gently caress under represented communities.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
supposed to be "Lap dogs" I assume

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/joshuagreen/status/1179494429670989824?s=21

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

So, Trumps just gonna come out and say it now? And bring China into it as well? Jesus.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Guze posted:

Lock Volker up for signing his texts

lol my first thought.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1179764298459037696

China, if you're listening,

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

She wasn't in the public eye during the nomination period. She's got a shot at 2020, though!

As far as I can tell she was indeed nominated, and the betting markets are rooting for her.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

BonoMan posted:

supposed to be "Lap dogs" I assume

well yes but Rudy might have the exact same brain worms as Trump where he doesn't actually know what dogs are and also doesn't know common English phrases

media lamb dogs... the media are sheep maybe? dogs bad, weak lamb dogs??

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

What

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Youre loving kidding

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

hidden_msg posted:

Whatever you believe about the veracity of this story facial recognition should 100% be regulated along with a slew of other technologies with disturbing potential to gently caress under represented communities.

More detail for those who didn't click through: Google is collecting faces to use to train their neural networks. Facial recognition software has historically had trouble with people of color. Google wants to avoid that ahead of the release of the Pixel 4, which lacks a fingerprint reader, instead pushing the user to use face unlock. The volunteers collecting faces are then targeting homeless people because they think it'll minimize the chances of getting told to gently caress off. There is no indication this involves actually matching faces to identities, tracking people's movement, or anything else besides an anonymous headshot.

Facial recognition should still be regulated.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

tecnocrat posted:

So, Trumps just gonna come out and say it now? And bring China into it as well? Jesus.

Uh, yeah, for anyone not attached to cable news right now Himself is apparently giving an interview on the south lawn and saying 'Hell yeah I asked Ukraine for Biden dirt and hey, China, can you get some too please'.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

So when do we find out he offered to drop tariffs if they look into the failson?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hidden_msg posted:

I say that not to question the veracity of the story, but to underline tech companies are literally doing the same things as comic book villains

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

He quit his job at State Department because Pompeo was telling all State Dept. staff that he would have them disciplined if they complied with Congressional requests. Literally he quit his job and same day booked an unasked-for appearance with the House.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Unkempt posted:

Uh, yeah, for anyone not attached to cable news right now Himself is apparently giving an interview on the south lawn and saying 'Hell yeah I asked Ukraine for Biden dirt and hey, China, can you get some too please'.

Trump honestly thinks he is gonna walk from this so he might as well take down Biden like he planned to anyways.

My brain can barely comprehend this level of corruption.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I just have no idea why they think other countries want to touch this whole mess. Like even if they did it would likely be to gently caress him over.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I mean maybe he's just going to do it so much it just becomes common place.

Like a dementia riddled grandpa, but instead of casually using slurs he's asking for election interference.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Hunter Biden has got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan. He speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom. He'll blend in — DISAPPEAR — you'll never see him again. With any luck... he's got the Grail already.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Unkempt posted:

I poo poo MY PANTS ON PURPOSE

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tecnocrat posted:

fool_of_sound posted:

Youre loving kidding
This is probably their most desperate flailing.

... which if this past week with its insane, breakneck pace has taught me anything probably means that by the end of the day, these fucknuggets will try something even dumber.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xi needs to respond "only if you drop the tarriffs" and see what happens.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1179732467609194498

quote:

President Trump told aides last year he wanted U.S. forces with bayonets to block people from crossing into the United States across the Mexico border, one of several proposals he floated at moments of peak frustration with his inability to contain a migration surge, according to current and former administration officials involved in those discussions.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1179763435703279621

The army doesn’t even train with bayonet drills anymore and many military gun makers have stopped bothering with bayonet lugs

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Retro42 posted:

Trump honestly thinks he is gonna walk from this so he might as well take down Biden like he planned to anyways.

My brain can barely comprehend this level of corruption.

He asked Russia to hack Clinton on live TV and got away with it. Why would he expect consequences now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

fool_of_sound posted:

Youre loving kidding

Can I emptyquote this because goddamn you've got to be loving kidding.