Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Not defending Burfict but why do some goons find it unusual or weird when players support their unpopular teammates, have you guys never been a part of a team sport or had a buddy at least

I haven't known to many people over the years that try to cause serious bodily harm to others as part of their job let alone repeatedly try to cause brain damage to people for wearing a different jersey. poo poo I grew up mostly in the south and I didn't even witness a fight between kids in a baseball or basketball game. I really missed out. There's someone being an rear end in a top hat and there's people like Burfict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Not defending Burfict but why do some goons find it unusual or weird when players support their unpopular teammates, have you guys never been a part of a team sport or had a buddy at least

If you're on my unathletic recreational soccer team and repeatedly injure people or start fights, I'm much more likely to call you out than if you're some random opponent, because I'll have seen you do it multiple times and know you're being a piece of poo poo, vs a one time thing potentially being an accident.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
holy loving lol @ the mental gymnastics required to somehow equate "intended to cause serious bodily injury several times" with "oh he's just an unpopular player." is that a loving bit or gimmick post or what? you can't be serious

Do your hypothetical buddies sucker punch random people on the sidewalk? This analogy sucks. If my buddy racked up multiple assault convictions, not only would he not be my "buddy" but neither would anyone that sat there and tolerated that in the friend group

barnold fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 3, 2019

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It’s a great analogy Tom settle down

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sourdough posted:

If you're on my unathletic recreational soccer team and repeatedly injure people or start fights, I'm much more likely to call you out than if you're some random opponent, because I'll have seen you do it multiple times and know you're being a piece of poo poo, vs a one time thing potentially being an accident.

Pretend I posted the Kellen Winslow "I'm a soldier!" video because I'm in a rush and cant. That's what an NFL lockerroom is like. Burfict isn't their rec soccer friend, he's their battle buddy.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It’s a great analogy Tom settle down

Agreed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Ahaha you thought

I feel like you brought this on personally.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1179731012676456449

If so, good. Also he's going to somehow be nails for them.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The inside the NFL bit where Ray Lewis goes on a rant about wanting to hurt the other person and dominate them, and remove their will to play the game in defense of Burfict was a bit too on the nose.

Also, Brandon Marshall kept clowning him and I loved every minute of it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Kraft thought he was getting a young Asian ho and signed off on the deal with great enthusiasm.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grittybeard posted:

Thank you, Younghoe. Very Koo!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Zyla posted:

I had a pretty severe case of mono in college. It took me 6 months to recover and I lost like 50 lbs and my body was so weak for years after

Late to the mono party talk but I feel for you. I had it when I was 19 or so. Best way for me to describe it is imagine having 25% of your strength and wanting (and can) sleep 20 hours a day. My bout lasted a couple months. Darn kissing random body parts.

As for football talk, wondering what kind of a clusterfuck the Colts will do.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Anyone else tired as hell of NFL twitter posting that dumb image of Belichick staring through binoculars anytime a talented player expresses unhappiness with their current team, I get the joke, can we have a new one

Have you considered not going on twitter

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
nope

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Finger Prince posted:

Kraft thought he was getting a young Asian ho and signed off on the deal with great enthusiasm.

"Bob? Bob? Hey this is Gary Agentman. Listen, sounds like you need a little help, and boy let me tell you, you won't believe what this Younghoe's feet can do with your balls!"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I for one welcome more Asian players in the NFL. :shobon:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Android Apocalypse posted:

I for one welcome more Asian players in the NFL. :shobon:

We need another Asian player with a hosed up country accent like Hines Ward

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is the best Burfict hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOfIObhGMe0

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Here's a video of Barry Sanders dunking

https://twitter.com/WillBlackmon/status/1179730386064150528

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im suddenly dissapointed I didnt get to live in the universe where Barry Sanders is like a foot taller and just obliterates defenders to their composite atoms inside the paint.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barudak posted:

Im suddenly dissapointed I didnt get to live in the universe where Barry Sanders is like a foot taller and just obliterates defenders to their composite atoms inside the paint.

He was such a ripped little dude.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On the other hand Sanders' height is another reason I love him. Being a short boy myself, he was inspirational.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/GoesslingStrib/status/1179766992510836736?s=19

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Oops

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So Diggs is on a pretty nice 5/$55m deal going forward and is in his year 26 season. He’s worth at least a 1st rounder in trade, right?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
yeah, ignoring his production which is the result of a bad head coach and QB, he is extremely elite at all aspects of being a WR especially running routes he has a bit of Antonio Brown/Stevie Johnson ability there

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

So Diggs is on a pretty nice 5/$55m deal going forward and is in his year 26 season. He’s worth at least a 1st rounder in trade, right?

The Chiefs have absolutely no real need of him and I'd be ok with doing this.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Didn't the Patriots recently shuffle payroll around & could theoretically afford Diggs?
:ohdear:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Didn't the Patriots recently shuffle payroll around & could theoretically afford Diggs?
:ohdear:
They were $1.5m under the cap prior to the Mike Nugent and YoungHoe signings. The cap is a lie though and any team can convert bonuses in order to free up whatever space they need.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Diva Cupcake posted:

Personally I don't think he's all that special and would be surprised to see him go for a first rounder. But you never know what's going on in teams' heads, if they convince themselves that they're one veteran wide receiver away from being a great team . . . perhaps a player swap could even happen

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Stefon Diggs gets hurt too much

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

As a Vikings fan .... honestly same

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Minshew to Diggs, all day

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Randaconda posted:

Minshew to Diggs, all day

This is not a terrible idea.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd be down with a 1st for Diggs to Baltimore. It's probably overpaying, and we definitely have need elsewhere, but I love it when Maryland boys come home. I'd also be down for giving Shaquil Barrett the biggest pass rusher contract in history for the same reason.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Diggs went to Maryland so if he won't suit up for your team you know they've got issues

e: dammit puppy bowl, also I agree with you

e2: not sure about a 1st though

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

This is not a terrible idea.

a second this year, third next year seems reasonable

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Minnesota shouldn't trade him for less than a first-round and extra. He's a young Pro Bowl caliber receiver on a ridiculously team-friendly deal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

We have a giant need for him and I'd be ok with doing this

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Grittybeard posted:

Mahomes would get worse because he’d have too many choices to throw to and wouldn’t be able to decide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Diggs is always a minor injury from a massive dropoff in ability.