Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Died 3 times eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Members of the 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division out of Alaska were conducting night jumps at Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center, 25th Infantry spokesperson Cpt. Ashley Sangster said. Three aircraft were operating near two jump sites in a military exercise, Sangster said.
On the first pass to a drop zone near Camp Shelby, something went wrong and several in the unit ended up "in the trees," Sangster said. Weather was "fair" and the aircraft landed safely, Sangster said, so authorities are still trying to determine what went wrong.
Of the injured, 15 were treated by medics in the field and seven were transported to local hospitals, according to US Army Alaska spokesman John Pennell.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Republicans will be just fine impeaching Trump if/when becomes politically necessary. Some of my chuddier friends are already talking about how it might just have been God's plan to give us three years of wandering in the desert before Pence ascends the throne

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

egyptian rat race posted:

Republicans will be just fine impeaching Trump if/when becomes politically necessary. Some of my chuddier friends are already talking about how it might just have been God's plan to give us three years of wandering in the desert before Pence ascends the throne

Yup. My mom "voted for Pence"

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Trump has the highest approval within his own party of any president since FDR, IIRC.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Crakkerjakk posted:

Trump has the highest approval within his own party of any president since FDR, IIRC.

It wasn't as extreme because of the media environment, but Nixon was also overwhelmingly supported by Republicans ... until he wasn't. They will memory hole him if it becomes necessary, and every idiot Trump supporter will find some excuse to vote R anyway.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

egyptian rat race posted:

The base will revolt. The only way Trump leaves office is either losing an election, term limits or a resignation that is framed as him winning.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

LingcodKilla posted:

Died 3 times eh?

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It wasn't as extreme because of the media environment, but Nixon was also overwhelmingly supported by Republicans ... until he wasn't. They will memory hole him if it becomes necessary, and every idiot Trump supporter will find some excuse to vote R anyway.

There were 56 Democrats in the senate when Nixon resigned. And yeah, people who vote republican will keep voting republican, but individual republican senators are probably far more worried about getting primaried from the right if they sign onto impeaching Trump.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Waroduce posted:

Throwing War on the Rocks and Arms Control wonk podcasts into this recommendation

Bombshell is the superior War on the Rocks production

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Crakkerjakk posted:

There were 56 Democrats in the senate when Nixon resigned. And yeah, people who vote republican will keep voting republican, but individual republican senators are probably far more worried about getting primaried from the right if they sign onto impeaching Trump.

Your power system isn't a hell of a lot different to ours in the UK, 40% of people will always vote for the bastard, that's just life. Trump is a weirdo, he's so loving broken he may well all of a sudden cause some of those people to not vote. Bit like our Borris Johnson.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

Throwing War on the Rocks and Arms Control wonk podcasts into this recommendation

War on the Rocks is great. I love them all.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Japan actually developed 18" AA shells for the Yamato, funnily enough. They did... not work well.

Turns out firing 18" guns over the exposed heads of everyone manning the actual useful AA weapons was a little.....disruptive.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's a CNN article and I'm not linking that garbage fire, but a climate activism group called Extinction Rebellion sprayed 1800 liters of fake blood on the UK Ministry of Finance. Happy October! :spooky:

EBB fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 3, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

okay i just found a video and if you ever wondered what an out of control fire hose filled with blood looked like welcome to 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofzS8gtNCQ0

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

That is glorious.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Requesting name change to “out of control fire hose filled with blood” please.

By way of an actual contribution, Facebook looks to be content with disinformation and lying, but only if you’re paying them a lot to publish it.

https://popular.info/p/facebook-says-trump-can-lie-in-his

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Requesting name change to “out of control fire hose filled with blood” please.

By way of an actual contribution, Facebook looks to be content with disinformation and lying, but only if you’re paying them a lot to publish it.

https://popular.info/p/facebook-says-trump-can-lie-in-his

When I was 14 and played football I took a huge hit to my kidney and bruised the gently caress out of it. Let me tell you about an out of control fire hose filled with blood.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Warren/Firehose full of blood 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"Well, they can't impeach me for EVERYTHING!"

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1179764298459037696?s=19

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1179765056696770561?s=19

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/1179763309509300224?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 3, 2019

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

EBB posted:

It's a CNN article and I'm not linking that garbage fire, but a climate activism group called Extinction Rebellion sprayed 1800 liters of fake blood on the UK Ministry of Finance. Happy October! :spooky:

I wonder if it's biodegradable?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

EBB posted:

Where the hell did they get that fire engine from, I want to know, for.. reasons.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Hexyflexy posted:

Where the hell did they get that fire engine from, I want to know, for.. reasons.

You can just but them, dude.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

He's trying to normalize his behavior and make it look routine so that the CHUDs all say "Well how is this any different?"

It'll probably work.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yeah, but it's still Impeachment Trial Exhibit #1.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1179770843372691460?s=19

In text form: https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1179775190827503617?s=19

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That's about the usual level of effectiveness that you can expect of Extinction Rebellion.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Vladimir Putin, attempting to change his image as brutal kleptocratic strongman, patronizes young woman wanting a better world for everyone.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1179763452639940610

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CHina better investigate the Bidens or the trade war may get worse he just cannot stop criming on live television

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

One day in the not too distant future somebody at the FSB is going to get fed up with Putin and he's gonna have a "heart attack".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chichevache posted:

I rewatched Veronica Mars. At the end of season 2, which was filmed in 2005 I believe, the titular character is going on a trip to New York and says "I'm bringing my pepper spray in case I run into that Trump character".

11 years before his election it was an open secret that he was a gross rapist/perv. We still elected him. :negative:

Even cleveland show dunked on him. Then again, they also did this

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

EBB posted:

One day in the not too distant future somebody at the FSB is going to get fed up with Putin and he's gonna have a "heart attack".

Story time: When I was 17 the BBC wanted to do a live telecast where you could ask Putin questions on the internet, I think it was the first live Q&A internet thing like that ever. I bunked off college with my sister, set up our 56k modem so we could dial into the thing and watched it. He got through 3 questions, me and my sisters was number four. Which still pisses me off.

Ever since I've basically read every book on the guy, it's a personal thing. He's a total loving coward, and he's going to get shot by someone at some point. His only special skill is getting people to not shoot him.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/sta...ingawful.com%2F

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Even cleveland show dunked on him. Then again, they also did this

The Cleveland Show was too good for us.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The Cleveland Show was too good for us.

... No, no it wasn't.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

How the gently caress is Sadr still alive

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

aphid_licker posted:

Guess he doesn't go to weddings

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i misread that and got confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kExk9GRJDR4

gta4 soundtrack was lit

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

aphid_licker posted:

He led a heavily armed faction of largely poor Shia in Baghdad and elsewhere that caused a gently caress ton of trouble for the U.S. and killed a bunch of our guys, and he had a ton of support from Iran. He eventually got with the program either before or during the surge (can't remember now) and realized his best bet was to become a politician, so he leveraged all of his support and to elected to the Iraqi parliament. He's now one of many Iraqi politicians who are either equally loyal to, or more loyal to Iran due to the support they get.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Guess he doesn't go to weddings

lmfao