Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Karsten still haunts him today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

AlphaKeny1 posted:

yeah it was tuned to be a fast naya deck with wild nacatl, and the "lightsaber" part of the name came from how fast your manabase can come together to support those mana requirements. nobody played it outside of the PT that it won.

It was Worlds 2009 and it was a mixed format tournament. poo poo was just weird.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Hellsau posted:

it played nine green onedrops and four first turn green sources, and inexplicably an Oran-Rief, a tapped green source

Thank you for the exact numbers, but ya, they got lucky or they cheated. Deck was nonsense, though you kinda gotta respect Flores for coasting on his one good* article from overish twenty years ago—which I’d still recommend to newer or lapsed players: http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/fundamentals/3692_Whos_The_Beatdown.html

*ya ya philosophy of fire was important at the time but isn’t as enlightening these days as who’s the beatdown

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Its weird. Hearing about Whos the beatdown used to be a meme in the older hearthstone threads circa 2017 because it was mentioned so often by people stopping by but I havent heard the term in ages at this point. I guess its arguably a much more important concept in HS because because the attacker dictates the trades.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

No Wave posted:

Its weird. Hearing about Whos the beatdown used to be a meme in the older hearthstone threads circa 2017 because it was mentioned so often by people stopping by but I havent heard the term in ages at this point. I guess its arguably a much more important concept in HS because because the attacker dictates the trades.

They brought back the Yogg effect with no downside of being on Yogg.

How do you feel bout it?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I dont play much anymore seems ok. I was actually bought this avatar because I complained about yogg so much. The only real issue with the card was he was both a little too strong and neutral so he was correct to run in every fuckin deck and if you ever hit turn 10 it was guaranteed a yogg would be deciding the match. If he were locked to a single class to start with idk if he'd ever have been nerfed.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 3, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1179773366657523712

replies are funny for upset nerds

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

This is neat and Extra Life/Seattle Children's Hospital is a good charity, but now we'll never get a black color shifted Blood Moon named Nightmare Moon.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Cactrot posted:

This is neat and Extra Life/Seattle Children's Hospital is a good charity, but now we'll never get a black color shifted Blood Moon named Nightmare Moon.

Can make it a bad berserk reference about an eclipse

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Time for the Jace x Sorin playmat to evolve into the Jace x Twilight Sparkle playmat

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Time for the Jace x Sorin playmat to evolve into the Jace x Twilight Sparkle playmat

Okay now I don't like it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

they'd better make that an Arena card back

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are we still making fun of bronies or is MLP like wrestling and jugglos where people are pretending like it’s not extremely stupid now?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't think bronies exist anymore so MLP is just a children's cartoon now.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

fadam posted:

Are we still making fun of bronies or is MLP like wrestling and jugglos where people are pretending like it’s not extremely stupid now?

No one is pretending those things arent stupid. Stupid things are just "in" right now.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

fadam posted:

you shut your mouth about juggalos, they are class allies, woop woop

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I have a firm commitment to use the worst available card back, and I am willing to spend gems to do it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
"The hobbies you weirdos enjoy are so dumb," says a person posting in a Magic thread on Something Awful.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you're a middle-aged man who watches and enjoys my little pony then you are absolutely deserving of mockery, unless it's a "my child enjoys it and I will support their interests" thing.

If an actual child enjoys children's television then there's nothing wrong with that.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

fadam posted:

The chud speaketh

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Fun and games are for children. You should spend your grown-up time finding ways to increase your productivity and earning potential.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Aranan posted:

"The hobbies you weirdos enjoy are so dumb," says a person posting in a Magic thread on Something Awful.

Yeah my hobbies are kick rear end.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
I never want to have fun playing games, that's why I play Magic.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

No Wave posted:

I don't think bronies exist anymore so MLP is just a children's cartoon now.

they all turned into nazis and learned to supress or let go of the pony stuff so their new nazi pals would accept them better

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Owlbear Camus posted:

they all turned into nazis and learned to supress or let go of the pony stuff so their new nazi pals would accept them better

I think they just all moved on to Steven Universe or something else.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Here are the crossover cards btw

https://twitter.com/GavinVerhey/status/1179788215114330112

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Kurtofan posted:

Here are the crossover cards btw

At the risk of sounding like one of "those guys" I was skeptical at first...but seeing these, now I know it's not for me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

InterrupterJones posted:

At the risk of sounding like one of "those guys" I was skeptical at first...but seeing these, now I know it's not for me.

everypony wins

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The big twist is when they reveal they're Commander legal :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm just mostly curious about the next hasbro property to get the crossover treatment

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
why the he'll can't those legendary frame treatments be black bordered

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Blooming Brilliant posted:

The big twist is when they reveal they're Commander legal :v:

poo poo, I'll take it if they make GRIMLOCK, KING OF THE DINOBOTS legal.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Kurtofan posted:

i'm just mostly curious about the next hasbro property to get the crossover treatment

NWA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What do the Comp Rules say about friendship

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Jabor posted:

If you're a middle-aged man who watches and enjoys my little pony then you are absolutely deserving of mockery, unless it's a "my child enjoys it and I will support their interests" thing.

If an actual child enjoys children's television then there's nothing wrong with that.

Yawgmoth posted:

People like to have fun and sometimes giving a thing you made a fun name is fun. So the answer to you question is "people who enjoy fun names" with the addendum of "if you don't, shut the gently caress up and let people enjoy things."

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Who is this supposed to appeal to? Time travelers from 2014?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

you can't kiss your friends

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Any public displays of affection must be approved by the head judge prior to the event starting.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mat Cauthon posted:

Who is this supposed to appeal to? Time travelers from 2014?

Children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
sometimes a thing is really clearly not meant to be for you, and my advice is to not get upset or confused by it not being for you