Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Although this end game content was a massive bad look for the game, I still really miss Wildstar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

singateco posted:

The actual answer to satisfy your broken monkey brain is to drop the pretense of social interaction and just go straight to rising numbers

Those require way too much interaction. ProgressQuest is OG.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm a level 3000 tickle-mimic

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I changed my mine, Destiny 2 is great

https://twitter.com/destiny2names/status/1179804785844707330?s=19

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Lampsacus posted:

By what nefarious ways did you sneak into e3??

Back doors, caterers' entrances, walking around as if we knew where we were going and belonged there, playing dumb if/when we would get caught. Once you make it past the doors of a main hall you could stay in the hall as long as you wanted since they only checked badges at the doors. A few times we got in by sticking ourselves in the middle of a big group who were all walking in at once. It helped a lot that my friend who I would do this with was very obviously physically handicapped and in a wheelchair so no one wanted to bother the handicapped guy and his "assistant". This was back in 2001-2004 (and then we did it again in 2006), so things were a little looser then, I suppose.

One year we realized that the private suites on the top floor weren't being controlled by the staff security but each vendor had to manage their own door, so we went up and did our schtick up there. Walk in, pretend you belong there, try to avoid conversation, etc. We ate lunch and had cake in the "Official Xbox Magazine"s hospitality suite. We were hanging out in there for like an hour before the 2 people working there bothered to ask us if we had appointments with someone and we just went "nah, thanks though!" and left.

One year we got in via a dev we knew who badge-hopped us through the doors where he'd go in and grab a couple badges from coworkers and come back out and give them to us to get through the doors, etc. Half the fun of going was seeing what we could get away with. I miss the kind of confidence I had when I was a teenager...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

RBA Starblade posted:

There's an exotic weapon that's an evil wormgod you murdered that turned its own remains into a sniper rifle

This is the poo poo that drives me crazy. Kill the lovecraftian murderbeast worm for the exotic ultimate weapon...a Sniper Rifle :effort:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

This is the poo poo that drives me crazy. Kill the lovecraftian murderbeast worm for the exotic ultimate weapon...a Sniper Rifle

At least it's a really good sniper rifle :v:

mutata posted:

Back doors, caterers' entrances, walking around as if we knew where we were going and belonged there, playing dumb if/when we would get caught. Once you make it past the doors of a main hall you could stay in the hall as long as you wanted since they only checked badges at the doors. A few times we got in by sticking ourselves in the middle of a big group who were all walking in at once. It helped a lot that my friend who I would do this with was very obviously physically handicapped and in a wheelchair so no one wanted to bother the handicapped guy and his "assistant". This was back in 2001-2004 (and then we did it again in 2006), so things were a little looser then, I suppose.

One year we realized that the private suites on the top floor weren't being controlled by the staff security but each vendor had to manage their own door, so we went up and did our schtick up there. Walk in, pretend you belong there, try to avoid conversation, etc. We ate lunch and had cake in the "Official Xbox Magazine"s hospitality suite. We were hanging out in there for like an hour before the 2 people working there bothered to ask us if we had appointments with someone and we just went "nah, thanks though!" and left.

One year we got in via a dev we knew who badge-hopped us through the doors where he'd go in and grab a couple badges from coworkers and come back out and give them to us to get through the doors, etc. Half the fun of going was seeing what we could get away with. I miss the kind of confidence I had when I was a teenager...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZktjjxqhI

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
yooka laylee and the impossible lair looking good, hell yes

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
reviews are out for it and it's basically tropical freeze 2

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I was getting tired of Goose memes but I've also had it since launch and haven't touched it so I decided to remedy that
https://twitter.com/axleblazeSA/status/1179815362033934336
It's good. Carry on

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

new mario upgrade: jario. mario is in a jar with air holes

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

the secret world of Marrietty

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

shartio

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

gross

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I finished Code Vein today and I give it a hearty recommendation for anyone who likes Souls games.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Regy Rusty posted:

I finished Code Vein today and I give it a hearty recommendation for anyone who likes Souls games.

what, in your opinion, is the sequel to nakedness

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

what, in your opinion, is the sequel to nakedness

Coin flip between Io or Eva's outfits

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

don't fill FLUDD there mario, noooooooo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dang devil may cry 5 just went on sale and there's a game that would dispel my current bout of videogame ennui perfectly but it's only marked down to $40, $50 if you want all the add on greebles. that's hardly a sale at all! get that nonsense out of here

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Cowcaster posted:

dang devil may cry 5 just went on sale and there's a game that would dispel my current bout of videogame ennui perfectly but it's only marked down to $40, $50 if you want all the add on greebles. that's hardly a sale at all! get that nonsense out of here

It's worth it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

never

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Traveling on an amtrak train today. post your favorite video game trains, please.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

doom

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

Traveling on an amtrak train today. post your favorite video game trains, please.

the one you suplex

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cole

i think that's a gears of war joke i'll have to check

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz-2YR8xHn4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1jJx_RkU9Y (voiceover stops quickly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PZmYBevOaw&t=273s

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Actually never mind it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNaTZV8qS1I

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Someone's probably gonna go with Phantom Train so i will swerve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09EWchLSeH4

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the final boss of spirit tracks is an evil train

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

best train level

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the best video game train is training your pokemon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DC Murderverse posted:

best train level

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

chuffy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV0FWXHypsU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the train from star fox 64

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't expect to have to use this...

you're very lucky :twisted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The RE0 train is the best part of the game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The FFVIII train mission in Timber where you uncouple and switch cars on a moving train to kidnap the president who turns out to be a zombie is good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

The FFVIII train mission in Timber where you uncouple and switch cars on a moving train to kidnap the president who turns out to be a zombie is good

I'll always remember that mission briefing scene as one of the most torturously long and overcomplicated sounding things ever. Then you literally just run up and down the train before throwing a phoenix down at the president.